Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda General Discussion

Ragna can dash 2c fatal, so pick your starter. 5d ch is always reliable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I didn't mean when he miss his DD, but I mean when I m in close distant to him blocking his DD. after he finish his last attack, what should I do ?

Do this

CH 5C(1)/6C(1)->236C

Don't do CH 6C(1) it has repeat proration.

Also CH 3C(3) is now a viable punish into a decent meterless combo.

If you're not feeling comfortable with that other option, you can run up and punish with 4B if you can manage to get a counter hit with it.

4B(CH)->2DD->214A->2147D->666A->6C->236C->Stuff

It does around 3k and is pretty easy to do.

If you're not feeling comfortable with that other option, you can run up and punish with 4B if you can manage to get a counter hit with it.

4B(CH)->2DD->214A->2147D->666A->6C->236C->Stuff

It does around 3k and is pretty easy to do.

I was trying to do this when Extend came out and I could never get it to land. I had to input a 2DD before the 2147D :/

I know in CS2 I could go straight for 2147D but in Extend its not working for me.

I was trying to do this when Extend came out and I could never get it to land. I had to input a 2DD before the 2147D :/

I know in CS2 I could go straight for 2147D but in Extend its not working for me.

Really? What part of it are you having trouble with? The 6A not reaching after the 2147D?

Oh. Well the timing is slightly different on the 6C->236C but it does work. I can't remember if you're supposed to delay it longer or to cut the 6C shorter if you want it to work, I'll check it out in training mode today and get back to you on it. (The reason I don't remember is because I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff while I play unfortunately lol)

I mean its not the big of a deal TBH. I'm still getting good damage off Gravity anyways so its all good.

But yeah if you could check that would be awesome I'm kind of curious.

Alright so I checked it out and yes you do have to delay the Cavalier after the 6C a bit. Also, you need all hits of 6C to connect and then wait an additional split second after before you start the Cavalier. (Idk how to word it right, but you'll know when the right time is after practicing it. The gravity looks like it's "pulling" them, that's the right time to do the Cavalier)

Thank you, next question is about "Jin 's 6C"

After Jin 6C is being blocked, he can choose either to "dash cancel into another pressure string"(there is a gap time I can punish this) or "ice car connect" or "big DP connect"

So what is the best way to deal with this situation after I block his 6C ? (what attack should I do for safest or I should just continue block?)

Wait for him to do something then react accordingly. If he dashes then just 3C > Gravity. Same thing if he ice cars. Actually... Same thing if he uses the DP.... I really should have thought this through I was kind of just going through thinking of things off the top of my head. But the main point is just see what he does and react accordingly.

If he plan to reset pressure and continue attack, then I have to 3C right away, but if he plan to use special attack connect, then I have to block first. ( or his DP would kill my 3C )

Problem here is that.. there is no way for you to wait and see his action first, because if you wait, then he gonna do you another pressure sting again. (the gap is very little) So I want to ask for a safe way that you can ensure no matter what he does, it will effect you the least.

When your opponent is trying to reset pressure, you can often times jump+barrier or backdash to get out safely. It's best if you get used to IB'ing before you do this, but it's not necessary all the time. Also, Barrier blocking and Barrier IB'ing can help make them out of range as well.

HOLY SHIT 2147D>66D works midscreen now. My life is complete =D

Also, its good to see my CS2 gravity combo being put to use in CSEX (Gravity, 4~B(Back up a little, hence the ~), 2DD>2147D>5DD>236C

Lambda... why are your corner combos so hot. WHYYYY

I was goofing off in training mode and shenanigans followed lol.

(In the corner) (This combo also works midscreen into corner if you dash up and do 236D© midscreen then also dash up and do the 214D©)

236236D->236D->214D©->2147D->66->6A->6C->236C->44->4B->2DD->2147D->66->6DD->2DD->hj.c->j.DD->j.2DD->j.c->j.DD->j.2DD->j.214D

(5682 Damage (+~1K if super ender), 38 Heat)

Also on characters that don't require a dash->5B off of 236B in the corner, I found out that you can do stuff like this:

2B->3C->236B->5B->6A->9214D->5C(xN)->6C->236D->214D©

Soooooo much damage and heat lol.

Edit: Also I've found this variant of corner combos to give a lot more heat than typical other versions such as (236D-214D©-236C-44-4B), etc. As long as the combo doesn't start from a 2147D(FC), you can input those extra Crescent sabers into the combo and it shouldn't prorate. However if you start with a 2147D(FC) I'm pretty sure you can just omit the other 2147D->66->6DD part of the combo and go straight into 44-4B-2DD-hj.c-Aerial D ender-j.214D. Either way, It gives a ton of heat

Regarding Jin DP after 6C dash cancel, you can throw out a 2A and block if he tries to C DP because it's so slow. Otherwise, your 2A should hit him out of anything he tries after dash cancel. Just watch his meter because D DP can catch that into tremendous damage.

X > TK > Dashing 6DD worked in CS2 as well. It's just more prominent in CSE (although frame data says nothing has changed, so we can speculate about small hit-box changes).

You don't have to TK9 there, but it does help.

Yes, an extra TK or two is an option for corner combo's, since 6A > TK works at lower prorations. Tsukasa does it occasionally.

I think I may have mentioned it before, but for Lambda's optimal combo's, you want to minimize Drive usage, if not omit it entirely, before the air ender. Also, do as little 5C as possible. Try not to use moves with repeat move proration either. There's a trade-off between damage and heat with regards to lots of 5C, and even Drive mid-combo, but if you're aiming for optimal damage, keep it in mind.