Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda General Discussion

Hey Overheat. I am going to do a CV on FC Gravity/Gravity combos soon, that won't happen to be similar to what you're doing I hope.

@Toan Yeah, I feel you there. Such a powerful special. The best is against Lambda, when she isn't using a sword and will habitually backdash to retreat (why do all Lambdas do this?!?!?!?!), you get a nice 236C hit there, because her air backdash is perfectly spaced to kill her instantly.

And yet neither of you have shared your vast match-up experience tips with the rest of us?

The main problem is that I A) Don't have as much time nowadays as I did before and B) I don't know proper terminology for each character and specific inputs. I only really know how to play against them, I don't really know anything past that about the character.

The main problem is that I A) Don't have as much time nowadays as I did before and B) I don't know proper terminology for each character and specific inputs. I only really know how to play against them, I don't really know anything past that about the character.

You don't need to know the terminology. Just say what the move looks like and everyone else can figure it out. Every little bit counts.

Even a sentence will do. Like this: "If the Lambda is too predictable with her escape tactics, use 236C."

edit: or this: "Against Valk, using 214D is a good method to bait jump outs if he is obvious with wolf. Works against Tao as well. I call this setting the momentum. Actually this strategy works on everyone. Against Platinum, if she does that I-really-don't-understand-why-they-gave-this-special-projectile-invulnerability ability, you can easily pick her off with a drive into a 236C."

edit: well I can see you probably want detailed, particular information pertaining to specific match-ups, so ignore that generalization I just did :D

AchedSphinx, the problem with lots of CV's in general, is that people don't get creative enough. Too much creativity is never a bad thing.

My CSE section does feature a few FC Gravity combo's, however, I'm sure they won't be similar.

One thing I suggest you do is give credit to those who you take some inspiration from. Learned something from a player? From another CV? It's a nice addition, and helps if someone thinks you've copied someone else, etc. Yeah, it's not a big problem, but some Lambda CV's blatantly take things from other Lambda CV's without credit.

Against Platinum, if she does that I-really-don't-understand-why-they-gave-this-special-projectile-invulnerability ability, you can easily pick her off with a drive into a 236C."

That should be impossible. It is 40 frames total and has projectile invincibility from frame 8 to 40...

That should be impossible. It is 40 frames total and has projectile invincibility from frame 8 to 40...

Hmm, I see. Then subtract the drive and just do 236C.

@Overheat, I see. The first one I did wasn't much of anything really. I did credit Beave though for a combo, the rest, I didn't check to see if I used other Lambda CV combos. But, thinking about it, I probably did. The next CV I do, hopefully it will be much more creative than the first! :D

If you ever need some more combos for your vids, I can help you if you want. Also thanks for putting that one combo into one of your vids lol = w =

You're welcome Beaves. If you got any other combos that are interesting I wouldn't mind doing them. :D

I will credit you of course.

Don't worry, I wasn't calling you out or anything. It's just that I've noticed some other Lambda CV's do that, and I'm sure there are other CV's that do it too.

so uh, i need a list of combos for max damage off of each of the following attacks: (Requiring 50% heat or less at combo start please)

4B(2)

2B

3C

236B

236D

5DD

4DD

j.2C

236236B

First thing I do is master all combos that go off of commonly landed attacks.

Now I'm depressed.

I topped 8K with ragna, jin, Noel, Arakune, Bang, Hakumen, Hazama, Mu12, Relius, Makoto, and platinum, but i can't seem to do it with my main ;~;

That's a tough question. Do you want us to show combo's that use Heat? No Heat? Corner, mid-screen to corner, completely mid-screen... It's not tough to show optimal combo's for those starters, but it'd take a bit of time to go through them and think it through.

I just want a combo without meter usage and a combo with meter usage for each. Thats all really.

Preferrably midscreen though, as I can pretty much land at least 5K off of any starter in the corner. (its really not too hard with a DD ender)

A(n updated and organized with optimal damage and options) combo thread is what you are looking for.

so uh, i need a list of combos for max damage off of each of the following attacks: (Requiring 50% heat or less at combo start please)

4B(2)

- 4B[#2 only] is how I would write it, but most people write it as you do. If it's an FC combo, 4B[2] usually means both hits, though...

- 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > 214A > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 2C > air ender

- 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D~C > j.DD > j.2DD > dj.DD > dj.2DD > dj.214D

2B

- Far 2B > 3C > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > (Dashing) 236D > Dashing 214D~C >

- Far 2B > 3C > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 214A > (2DD) > TK > Dashing 6B > 2C > air ender

- Close 2B > 3C > 214A > 5C[8] > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 2C > air ender

3C

- Same as 2B, more or less. It has worse proration, so you may have to omit a few 5C's or the optional 2DD

236B

- 236B isn't something I recommend just throwing out randomly, so be careful when you use it.

- 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > (Dashing) 236D > Dashing 214D~C >

- 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 214A > (2DD) > TK > Dashing 6B > 2C > air ender

236D

- 236D > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 214A > TK > Dashing 6B > 2C > air ender

- 236D > 2

- 236D > 236236D > Dashing 214D > 5C[8] > 6C > 236C > Dashing 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

5DD

- 5DD > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > (Dashing) 236D > Dashing 214D~C > Dashing 5C[8] > 2C > air ender

- 5DD > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 214D > TK > Dashing 6B > 2C > air ender

- 5DD > 236236D > Dashing 236D > Dashing 214D~C > Dashing 5C[8] > 6C > 236C > Dashing 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

4DD

- Same as 5DD

j.2C

- This one's a bit weird. I don't think it's a common starter, plus it's weird since it's a jump move, as seen below. Height is a factor. This is assuming it's a low j.2C.

- j.2C > j.214D > RC > air-dash > j.2C > 2DD > j.C > j.2C > 2DD > air ender

- j.2C > j.214D > RC > air-dash > j.2C > 2DD > 214A > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C

- j.2C > j.214D > RC > 5DD > 236C > (Dashing) 236D > Dashing 214D~C > Dashing 5C[8] > 2C > air ender

- j.2C > j.214D > RC > 5DD > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 214A > TK > Dashing 6B > 2C > air ender

- The first two assume you have an air option left. The second two don't.

236236B

- 236236D. Notation is important so people don't get confused. Luckily, this one's obvious.

- 236236D > 236D~C > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 214A > TK > Dashing 6B > 2C > air ender

- 236236D > Dashing 236D > Dashing 214D~C > Dashing 5C[8] > 6C > 236C > Dashing 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

- All 236236D combo's depend on where 236236D is done. Is your opponent close to a corner? Are you in a corner and you do 236236D?

For Lambda's most damaging combo's, which would definitely be similar to over 8K combo's (CV combo's, in other words), there are some trends, guidelines, or "rules".

However, you're asking for practical combo's, so CV stuff doesn't really matter. These aren't max damage, and considering the difficulty and practicality of some of them, it's not too big of a difference to care.

I just listed some combo's that are very very similar to one another, so it's not a chore to remember them.