Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda General Discussion

Some people like holding on to Heat for RC's and CA's, just in case. 1K more damage, at the cost of 50 Heat, is a steep price when you consider that an RC will net you 2-3K more damage, plus Heat. It's usually not worth it unless the opponent is near death.

True but Calamity would be guaranteed oki if they're in the corner. Perhaps it's more of a personal thing on my part.

And even just catching your opponent with an Oki in the corner will guarentee 4K more at minimum, with no heat used. This lets you build up to 100 heat for a hilarious double/triple RC combo.

You can get 6k from oki in the corner off j.B. 5k off oki in the corner off 2B. It's more of a personal thing then. When I do Calamity, it's essentially free damage plus access to one of those combos if you pick right. The corner combos themselves generate a good deal of heat, about 60 or so, so it should be easy enough to cap your heat.

Again, it's a personal preference I suppose.

I typically save my heat for RC mixups/combo extensions (like 2147D->RC->5C(xN)->6C->236D->214D©->Stuff in the corner, or Stuff->236B->RC->5DD->236C midscreen) and Legacy Edge for midscreen confirms to push them to the corner, and/or for pressure sometimes. I typically only use Calamity as an ender when I know it will kill when a typical Crescent ender will not.

Finished the CT reconstruction recently, did Nu have that many sexual innuendos in the original one? I mean i know she has a thing for Rags, but she sounded kinda strange, not that i didn't like it xd.

Other than that thought i didn't like how they treated her, i wanted her to have more screentime :( She didn't seem that important.

Maybe im overthinkingit but perhaps they want to make her even less important in BB3 than she was in cs2 and they are just preparing us for this :(

Finished the CT reconstruction recently, did Nu have that many sexual innuendos in the original one?

I don't think so.

Finished the CT reconstruction recently, did Nu have that many sexual innuendos in the original one? I mean i know she has a thing for Rags, but she sounded kinda strange, not that i didn't like it xd.

Well, if you want to get technical, Lambda/Nu's drive is one giant innuendo. But I try to ignore that fact, which is difficult when she's wearing a form-fitting body suit and is strapped up as though she's into S&M. Lambda you tease.

Oh and yes, Nu/Lambda are not important characters in the BB universe. Basically they're just fodder used to connect Ragna to Saya. She may have been the bad guy in CT, but in CS2 they gave Hazama much more prominence it made her seem laughable. Her only use is to die in some random manner and troll people online.

Yes, she will definitely be unimportant in BB3. The only people that matter, story wise, are Ragna, Noel, Hazama, Saya, and Jin. I'm really on the fence about Rachel and Relius. Everyone else in the story are basically side-stories to get you to know those characters. Some of them have roles in the main plot, but if they do, it's because they were manipulated/duped/cannon fodder. That's my understanding of it. I could be wrong though, ha :P

I get what you mean, but i kinda disagree xd

Well nu technically is the black beast isn't she? Since Rags split from her, became bloodedge and fought vs her for an entire year i wouldn't really call her unimportant. Sure she was a secondary charachter in CT, but she served a purpose apart from being ragna's power up/push to victory. Cs2 (lambda) made me look her more as a person and less as a machine not to mention how huge of a story she has with ragna. And come to think of it, why would they give her the last screen in the true ending, with her re-assembling in the cauldron if they ment to make her unimportant?

Well basically i get the idea that Arc sys wants to give more time to secondary charachters. For example bb3 is set in ikaruga (Bang's place), Rags is travelling with Tao, Tsubaki and Litchi joined actively the Hazama fraction while they had absolutely no relation with the main plot in CT etc. Basically i believe the writers can work wonders with most of their charachters.

Thought there is a kinda big chance that im in denial cause of my love for lambda/nu and i refuse to see the facts, but well some optimism here and there doesn't hurt :)

another thing i wanted to ask, you people remember how she recovered most of her wounds in CT right? Was that because of her own power, or because she shared a life link with ragna?

Oh, I forgot about the Black Beast part. I suppose you could say that she has some significance because of that. But Tsubaki/Tao/Litchi are still cannon fodder so that doesn't really change that sadly. A lot of the characters don't have a huge impact on the main story, but their secondary stories are good, which is fine. Lambda/Nu's importance though, is probably below the importance of Ragna/Noel etc, but she's far more important than Bang at least, haha.

In BB3 she could be important depending on how they remodeled her. If she's more powerful, more of a guardian toward Ragna, etc. I completely forgot that Lambda gave her power to Ragna, so who knows how it will turn out. At this point I think Lambda/Nu are significant enough.

Well I dunno, the story line is really confusing with all the time paradoxes and whatnot. I'm not even sure if she should exist or not.

I only have 2 more CS1 combo's to record, then I can finally start putting together my CV with all the pieces laid out. They're both kind of long, but I can definitely do one a day this weekend. I'm aiming for a mid-late April release, and I think my beginner mix-up thread can be posted some time then as well.

Just don't expect much. It might be a good review, though.

I play so much better when I'm trolling. Today when I tried playing serious, I kept losing ;~;.

Then I started trolling and singing into my mic and then started winning again. I'm a horrible blazblue player.

Made a better video thread. I'll be moving anything from the old thread that I missed (which mostly seem to be AchedSphinx's matches) later today/early tomorrow morning.

Made a better video thread. I'll be moving anything from the old thread that I missed (which mostly seem to be AchedSphinx's matches) later today/early tomorrow morning.

Awesome. I like the new thread.

Anyone mind posting the full notation from 1:19 here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Hm_GsnZYc

seems good to learn and i lack anti-air that doesn't start from 6D

the combo I did there was pretty weak honestly from counterhit 2C

CH 2C > j.DD > dj.2DD > j.214D~C > falling j.2C > land 2DD > aircombo

you could probably do something along the lines of

CH 2C > 5C > 4B2 > 2DD > falling j.2C > 2DD > 214A > 2148D > 6A > 6C > 236C > 2C > 5C > 4B2 > 2DD aircombo instead

might have to tweak the ender though because of proration

also I wouldn't rely on 2C as an anti-air in most circumstances. use 5A/6A instead, the main reason I did 2C there was because Xie had previously been spacing his j.C's to beat my 5A/6A

the combo I did there was pretty weak honestly from counterhit 2C

CH 2C > j.DD > dj.2DD > j.214D~C > falling j.2C > land 2DD > aircombo

you could probably do something along the lines of

CH 2C > 5C > 4B2 > 2DD > falling j.2C > 2DD > 214A > 2148D > 6A > 6C > 236C > 2C > 5C > 4B2 > 2DD aircombo instead

might have to tweak the ender though because of proration

also I wouldn't rely on 2C as an anti-air in most circumstances. use 5A/6A instead, the main reason I did 2C there was because Xie had previously been spacing his j.C's to beat my 5A/6A

I'm assuming CH 2C > Gravity, would have been better? Or CH 2C > dashing 3C > gravity. Well, 2C doesn't have that godly 100 P1, but it does a good amount of damage still.

there you go :)

2ronyix.jpg

I found it on pixiv, it has tons of awesome blazblue fanarts (and for other video games/anime as well) but you will have to mess around a little with the search tearms, because it is a japanese site (lambda 11, λ-11, L-11 or even the full name with japanese charachters).

Zerochan also has good pics.

Actually i had a folder full of hard to find lambda pics but it got lost in the boundary when my PC died some days ago. It was the only thing out of the ~300 giga of stuff that i lost that actually hurt me :(

there you go :)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ronyix.jpg

I found it on pixiv, it has tons of awesome blazblue fanarts (and for other video games/anime as well) but you will have to mess around a little with the search tearms, because it is a japanese site (lambda 11, λ-11, L-11 or even the full name with japanese charachters).

Zerochan also has good pics.

Actually i had a folder full of hard to find lambda pics but it got lost in the boundary when my PC died some days ago. It was the only thing out of the ~300 giga of stuff that i lost that actually hurt me :(

Thanks a lot for the picture :D Lambda pulls that jacket off well. Gonna go image surfing on those sites now . 3.

For 2C antiair, use this combo we found in CS2 (Still works)

2C(CH)>665A>6A>j.5DD>dj.2DD>j.214D~C>j.2C>2DD>214A>2147D>66A>6C>236C>665Cx8>2C>Air Swords Ender.

Its hilarious to pull off.

Regarding those -

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10779-CS2-Lambda-General-Discussion&p=1220558&viewfull=1#post1220558

They work in CS2 as well, so those of us who don't have the game yet can practice.

3C > *MAD DELAY* 214C > 236C is pretty hard to get consistently. And mid-screen 236(6)D is the hotness.

Congratulations on 1st place @ STUNFEST ! :)