Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CSE] Iron Tager Combo Thread

Oh wow this combo won't work if they are magnetized.

@ mAc: Because science.

Ok I played with that combo with everyone.

It works on most characters easily but on Noel and Arakune it was really really hard for me like I only got 5B to connect on Arakune once and I dropped the combo.

I couldn't get it to work on Rachel and Jin.

Carl is just a bit too small.

Screw kids, they ruin combos.

Oh I found a fun mag combo too.

FC 2C>j.2C>5B>j.2C>5B>j.2C>3C>AC whiff>j.2C>5B>5C>6A>2C>AC>GF whiff>6C>j.2C>3C>GF [4k/76 heat]

Also for Maho's combo Tsubaki and Makoto will not get hit by 2C for the j.D>5B link variation.

Wow, I didn't think anyone would actually do it. Impressive that we can do 7k from 80 heat 2C fatal. Some of the other combos looks like they can stand to be optimised a little bit, but the principle has been shown to be sound, which is far and away the most important.

I have a feeling that the timing might be harder against 2C air hits however. And let's face it, many of our 2C fatals are anti-air hits.

The thing with anti air 2C FC is that's a bit harder to evaluate the height when they fall, but the 5A link combo gives you quite some room there and can also be done even if you're a little farther away, using the B link there is indeed not that easy.

For AXIS, i tested again the combos on all the characters you listed, i have no problem on Tsubaki, Makoto needs a tweak in 623C > GF whiff > 6C > j2C, j2C whiffs if you don't do superjump j2C. Almost nerver played against her in extend but it looks like you must do that in all combos involving GF whiff 6C j2C against her.

For the 5B link, the only one who felt really harder was Rachel (Arakune is harder than most but not as much as her), actually during my tests yesterday i got it first time on her, so i went on with the next character, but she might be the hardest to hit with the 5B link, you really need a perfect timing and spacing to land this, i think i'll use 5A against her in matches.

Also i tested with the opponent magnetized, 5A link can be done without much trouble, but 5B looks character specific, i don't have time to test all the cast now but i landed it on Ragna and Tao, it's harder than without magnetism though.

There may also be potential for non-fatal uses for this sort of combo. The first thing that I can think of that might is :

Hammer CH, j.B > j.D

but that would depend wildly on positioning. The other thing is that 5A is hard to follow up without fatal, you'd sort of have to hope they're low enough for 3C or go for a 5A > j.A... combo, which defeats the point of mid combo magnetism.

You bunch of japanese niggas, now Axis has a new toy to play with.

Actually the first time i tried midcombo magnetism was when i just got extend and wasn't a FC, it was air throw > falling jD > 5A, but i didn't found anything that would combo after 5A other than jA or spark, which both made the combo not interesting. And thus I gave up on that idea, don't know why i didn't think of looking into 2C FC at that time.

Hammer CH also came to my mind yesterday, but after testing it i remembered my tries with air throw and i think we can't get much out of this.

No such thing as a j.D, 5B link without fatal then? Frame data suggests its possible. I think.

The problem might not be with frame data but more with hitboxes, actually at first i think of the 5B link as character specific because of that, then i thought that the fatal bonus hitstun make possible to add a little delay between jB and jD, giving time to the other character to fall a little closer to the ground so 5B could hit the smaller hitboxes.

Pity really that the only other level 3+ moves we have to use are either too slow or of little use at the start of a combo, like j.A and 4D.

150 heat MTW corner variation using 2B starter.

2B>2C>MTW>5B>5C>Asledge>hammer>5C>AC>j.C>j.2C>5B>5C>Spark>6C>MTW>TB>gadget [6500/5]

you don't need mag in the corner but it still requires spark bolt.

Just spend an hour looking for optimized version of my 2C FC combo on Valk, here's what i got, didn't find more maximum damage but maximum heat goes up, first combo is a reference for this that should work on everyone or almost, except Carl.

- 2C FC > jB > jD > 5B > j2C > 3C > AC whiff > j2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > GF whiff > 6C > j2C > 5B > 5C > spark > j2C > 3C > GF : 4153/87

- 2C FC > jB > jD > 5B > j2C > 236A > 3C > AC whiff > j2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > GF whiff > 6C > j2C > 2C > (delay) spark > 6C > j2C > 3C > GF : 4226/96

- 2C FC > jB > jD > 5B > j2C > 236A > 3C > AC whiff > j2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > GF whiff > 6C > j2C > 5C > 5C > spark > 6C > MTW > TB : 5981/84 before supers, 5 after

- 2C FC > jB > jD > 5B > j2C > 2C > ACx2 > AC > MTW > 3C > AC whiff > j2C > 5B > 5C > MTW > 3C > GF : 5775/ need 47 heat at start, end with 9

- 2C FC > jB > jD > 5B > j2C > 2C > ACx2 > AC > MTW > 3C > AC whiff > j2C > 5B > 5C > spark > 6C > j2C > 3C > GF : 5231/39 before super,39 after

Just spend an hour looking for optimized version of my 2C FC combo on Valk, here's what i got, didn't find more maximum damage but maximum heat goes up, first combo is a reference for this that should work on everyone or almost, except Carl.

- 2C FC > jB > jD > 5B > j2C > 3C > AC whiff > j2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > GF whiff > 6C > j2C > 5B > 5C > spark > j2C > 3C > GF : 4153/87

- 2C FC > jB > jD > 5B > j2C > 236A > 3C > AC whiff > j2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > GF whiff > 6C > j2C > 2C > (delay) spark > 6C > j2C > 3C > GF : 4226/96

- 2C FC > jB > jD > 5B > j2C > 236A > 3C > AC whiff > j2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > GF whiff > 6C > j2C > 5C > 5C > spark > 6C > MTW > TB : 5981/84 before supers, 5 after

- 2C FC > jB > jD > 5B > j2C > 2C > ACx2 > AC > MTW > 3C > AC whiff > j2C > 5B > 5C > MTW > 3C > GF : 5775/ need 47 heat at start, end with 9

- 2C FC > jB > jD > 5B > j2C > 2C > ACx2 > AC > MTW > 3C > AC whiff > j2C > 5B > 5C > spark > 6C > j2C > 3C > GF : 5231/39 before super,39 after

Good stuff maho. Slight fix on the third one down I'm assuming its 5b to 5c instead of back to back 5cs.

Okay, new combo challenge for all of you amerikans who got the game before me.

Work j.D RC j.2C into non-magnetised combo as a legitimate way of adding magnetism to it, see if it's possible to break 4k in this way. So far it seems like it should work from 6C.

I haven't seen it listed anywhere but I've found a character specific combo, works on Bang and Arakune.

Do some stuff then 3C, Asledge, 5B, 5C, AC, egadget or whatever ender you'd like to use.

You get over 3K depending on what you start with, easily the best damage you can get on those characters, while gaining mag.

Okay, new combo challenge for all of you amerikans who got the game before me.

Work j.D RC j.2C into non-magnetised combo as a legitimate way of adding magnetism to it, see if it's possible to break 4k in this way. So far it seems like it should work from 6C.

6C, j.D, RC, j.2C, 5B, 5C, 6A, AC, gf whiff, 6C, SB, 6C, tech-wheel gets you over 4k.

I haven't seen it listed anywhere but I've found character specific combo, works on Bang and Arakune.

Do some stuff then 3C, Asledge, 5B, 5C, AC, egadget or whatever ender you'd like to use.

You get over 3K depending on what you start with, easily the best damage you can get on those characters, while gaining mag.

It works midscreen on those two?

6C, j.D, RC, j.2C, 5B, 5C, 6A, AC, gf whiff, 6C, SB, 6C, tech-wheel gets you over 4k.

Hrm, interesting. Anything else we could start with besides 6C? Even if you have to start with mag.

It works midscreen on those two?

Hrm, interesting. Anything else we could start with besides 6C? Even if you have to start with mag.

Yes sir, the 5B connects mid-screen. Due to how far away they are after 5B you have to go into AC right after 5C, plus it looks cool as hell.

I didn't work extensively on it. I don't think there would be another move you could do it with due to how long it takes tager to jump. I was playing around with the combo Maho came up with for 2C fatal. You can almost pull that off a simple back throw but I can't get anything to connect after the 5A, the fatal's extra frames of hitstun are just enough it would seem.

on a standing opponent CH j.B, j.D, rc, lowest j.2C, 5B, 5C, 6A, 2C, AC, stuff (make up your own crap here) or after the lowest j.2C you might be able to do 5b, Asledge, 3C, AC, stuff (again just make up your own crap). You should be able to break 4k with it though on some characters it may not be practical....(on Bang it hits sometimes and sometimes it whiffs). There are other ways of breaking 4k but I was too sleepy last night to find out....today I will be testing if you can combo from 2D into jB, j.D, rc, lowest or almost lowest j.2C....I want contribute the weird stuffz combos lol