Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty

[CSE] Relius Clover Q&A Thread

If you hit the opponent with a 214C OTG in the corner, what are your best options to follow-up?

I'm looking for a meter efficient option, and a damage option (it would be great if they could be both...).

Note: You can't follow-up with 5C-236C (236C whiffs), 6C-236C (236C whiffs), 2C-236C (see a pattern here?). You can't combo 214A after 236C raw (Ignis still recovering from 214C). 5B blue beats, you can't delay 2C or 6C a little or it'll blue beat. You can 6B-JI-j.236C, but you can't 2C-6C-4D (2C blue beats), although you can do raw 4D afterwards. Am I stuck with a 6B jump cancel combo or a gimped St1ckbug special as my only follow-ups?

214C>6B>sj.bc j.236C>j.214A>falling j.C>2C>6C>4D>3C should work.

You may be able to do 236C first then dash in 6B, actually, like in the throw combo. But I'm pretty much positive the above combo works

214C>6B>sj.bc j.236C>j.214A>falling j.C>2C>6C>4D>3C should work.

You may be able to do 236C first then dash in 6B, actually, like in the throw combo. But I'm pretty much positive the above combo works

Thanks for the combo, I'll gladly take 4.6k. You can do 236C-66-6B, but it blue beats on 2C, at least, it did for me.

Does anyone have any advice on hit-confirming a 5B straight into a 236C?

I find that the majority of time, I can only do a 236C follow-up after my 5B, but I'm having a tough time confirming straight into it without something else inbetween. I don't have as much trouble hit-confirming into 3C. I'm already trying to practice on random block, but if anyone has any tips or tricks, then I'd be much obliged.

EDIT: A non-CH 5B that is, I can hit confirm a CH 5B.

Does anyone have any advice on hit-confirming a 5B straight into a 236C?

I find that the majority of time, I can only do a 236C follow-up after my 5B, but I'm having a tough time confirming straight into it without something else inbetween. I don't have as much trouble hit-confirming into 3C. I'm already trying to practice on random block, but if anyone has any tips or tricks, then I'd be much obliged.

EDIT: A non-CH 5B that is, I can hit confirm a CH 5B.

Really, it is gonna be hard as hell. A one hit hitconfirm in a game with as low hitstop as BB is going to be nearly impossible. You're going to need to choose to autoconfirm into 236C when you think it'll hit, and just don't 5B at that range if you think it won't.

There aren't tricks; it's really that hard.

Why do Relius' approaches suck? I just can't seem to get in. His air normals are too vertical and ground wise they are pretty slow.

Learn the range on 214A and 5B, and switch between them accordingly. (It's worth noting that there's a deadzone where 5B won't reach but 214A comes out too slowly to be useful in neutral; avoid it like the plague.) Additionally, cancelling Ignis's returning from one attack into another Ignis attack to cover more space or lock down the opponent is really, really important for Relius neutral. 214A 214A, 214A 2D, 214A 4D, 214A 214C... using sequences like that can help you get in from longer ranges.

Control airspace with 4D and 2C; you're better off on the ground in neutral unless you're in a matchup where being in the air is crucial. This is something you'll figure out with experience.

5B 6D

then

66 5B 3C jc 6D airdash j.B j.C land 6B sj.B j.c 236C 214B for meter efficient corner carry

66 5B 6B jc sj.B jc j.B j.C j.236C j.214B if you're close enough, you can use a 6B instead

and if you got doll meter to blow

66 5B 6B 6C 214A 669 j.B j.9D j.B j.9D land sj.B j.9D jc j.236C j.214B land 2C 6C 4D 236c 214A 3c 632146C unsummon 236C

I know ignis is relius' wife but in what way is ignis different from nirvana as I have never refer to ignis as a nox nyctores (sorry if I spelt that wrong) but yet they are similar in so many ways, what makes ignis different from nirvana?

I'm having difficulty follwing up with Id Naiads in the corner. I don't know if I my range, timing, height, or what is off, but I can't land anything when Ignis hits the ground, so right now my corner combos are definitely not as good as want them to be.

You have to make sure she's higher than you are when you use j.214B, and that you're both reasonably high off the ground, otherwise you'll land too late, and miss your shot. Other than that, just make sure you hit what you're trying to do as soon as you hit the ground (possibly some exceptions to this, but in general its ASAP.You can start playing around with this once you get the general timing down).

I know when I started learning his combos I was waiting a little too long after he hit the ground to attack, and was missing the link. Just play around with the timing, and make sure she's high enough above you whens she starts the drill.

You have to make sure she's higher than you are when you use j.214B, and that you're both reasonably high off the ground, otherwise you'll land too late, and miss your shot. Other than that, just make sure you hit what you're trying to do as soon as you hit the ground (possibly some exceptions to this, but in general its ASAP.You can start playing around with this once you get the general timing down).

I know when I started learning his combos I was waiting a little too long after he hit the ground to attack, and was missing the link. Just play around with the timing, and make sure she's high enough above you whens she starts the drill.

Don't you just need to have your opponent higher than you when you use j214B to ensure that Ignis appears higher up than you for the attack? In any case, I find that using 6B > 5C(2) > 6B launches them high up enough after 236C > 214A in the corner to allow for this combo, though I've been running into some inconsistencies with the air combo. I've been using jB (without super jump) > djC > j236C > j214B after that earlier mentioned string, with near 100% consistency in training, but less than 50% in actual (offline) matches. I'm not sure if it's just me failing, it's character specific, or that air combo just not being stable enough for that combo.

Either way, I want to test a few other air combos to see if I can find a more reliable one (as well as practicing that one if it is just me).

Usually a rep of jC > j9D can get them high enough. Two reps definitely. By sacrificing more wife meter with 9D you're taking out the risk of them being too low.

Careful you're not making the combo too long though.

I need help with... well a lot of things. But here's two I'm running into consistently:

1.) I'm having problems pressuring. I can pressure on the ground okay, but whenever I try to jump or air dash to try and hit with j.B or j.C I get hit.

2.) What are Relius' best tools to get out of the corner? I'm having a b*tch of a time getting out without a Burst or a CA

Like was stated earlier in the topic, Relius is best on the ground. If you absolutely have to be in the air (protip: you probably don't have to be), j.A is active for days and j.2D/6D/8D can zone a bit.

Relius's best tool for getting out of the corner is CA. You're just gonna have to learn how to deal with other characters' pressure as Relius. Look for opportunities to jump out, highly unsafe moves to punish, etc.

Hmm, gotcha. What's annoying is how much freaking meter it takes just to pressure someone. By the time I can actually start a combo (which is rare for me), I have no ignis meter left to do any real damage.

Although that's probably more my fault than anything. I really wish his mixup game was better.

if the foe just wants to mash on 4, start doing unblockables. a really netplay simple one i've been using is 236d jump falling c. it is indeed unblockable but you might have to get down the timing, only the first hit of 236d hits low.

some mixup stuff.

any normal - 5d - dash 5b 6d: basic way to get ignis. think litchi 5d/2d set.

(ignis out)...6d dash 3c 6/2d jump: 3 way mixup here. 2d is safer but you can only do high/low. do low airdash jb for high and land 2b or 3c for low.

val tus - (right before 3rd hit) 2366a - situational crossup that hurts anywhere. use when you get a chance to get val tus as oki so you can set it up (you can also do this setup from punching super, with a significant damage reduction in exchange for massive frame advantage)

also a key part of his gameplay is frametraps to get the respect you need to mix up

What is the best way to Tk id Lauger (236c)?

the tk timing looks different than other characters

You don't need to do a true TK input (2369) to land a j236C in a combo. You can instead simply jump and then immediately input j236C. Your inputs should looks something like 8~236C and it should work just fine.

Toasty's right. The TK timing is really slow -- so slow, in fact, that my TK input is basically a 360C that starts and ends on 9

should it even be called tk id lauger. it's sort of a misrepresentation. from my experience you dont even have to do it as soon as you jump, just close enough

Thanks guys. I thought I need to TK it because I already tried your methods but I missed it sometimes. It seems I need to input id Lauger a little bit faster after the jump