Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Heinz

Smasher turned...Blazer?

Maybe this is just sort of a what's-up thread but here goes.

Not sure what all kinds of other fighters BB mostly attracts players from, but I actually got into fighting games with Smash Bros. Melee. It's like, the sickest shit ever. But once you've had your fill of knees for the day, guess you need something to fall back on. So I bought BBCS recently not only just for fun (I think fighters are fun to learn because it's like a whole system of matchups and everything based on all sorts of factors so it's like a puzzle I guess), but also to see if it would improve my smash game.

I read the thread at the bottom about what sets BB apart from SF4, and after playing it a bit I think I have a bit of a feel for it. It's still not that natural for me to do things like jump with the stick, but I'm working on my techskill you could say. Since I play C. Falcon in smash I figured I'd just go for a fast character, and Noel seems to work for me in that regard (still kinda even get raped by CPUs sometimes, hah). I think I'm already learning (or having reinforced for me) that you have to be patient and consistent in your input timing, not just really fast.

Glad I was finally able to register here. I actually forgot the game in my dorm room and I'm at home on break, but once I'm back I hope to get to play some people (also noticed there's a good MI BB scene, nice) and figure my Noel out.

P.S. Anybody else like to smash?

Yo MI's top scrub here, not a lot of people play smash here but I do know a couple of smash players who dipped into BB, you should just join the scene and talk.

Sadly we moved onto Extend so CS1 and CS2 won't be needed.

Post up in the Michigan thread, we are a bit odd but we are tight nit and do gatherings weekly.

Yeah, I was just lurking there. Looks pretty active. But yeah, I kinda realized after I bought CS that there were sequels to it. It was sort of on a whim, hah. Is Extend out in the U.S. or is there a reason I only see youtube matches of the Japanese version?

You can import for japan if you have a ps3 but it's not out in the U.S yet.

Post in the MI thread, I used to be a Smash player, and Axis is a liar, I'm actually the top scrub.

Welcome to BlazBlue man.

LOL Chun I went to a MI gathering and I was talking to some SF players who heard about BB.

When I mentioned Dacidbro they looked at me funny and said "Isn't he a smash player".

I laughed so hard at that.

Lumin I am the biggest scrub shush.

360 is region locked.

PS3 is not region locked.

It's not too long a wait, I only imported because a PS3 is in my house.

Maybe this is just sort of a what's-up thread but here goes.

Not sure what all kinds of other fighters BB mostly attracts players from, but I actually got into fighting games with Smash Bros. Melee. It's like, the sickest shit ever. But once you've had your fill of knees for the day, guess you need something to fall back on. So I bought BBCS recently not only just for fun (I think fighters are fun to learn because it's like a whole system of matchups and everything based on all sorts of factors so it's like a puzzle I guess), but also to see if it would improve my smash game.

I read the thread at the bottom about what sets BB apart from SF4, and after playing it a bit I think I have a bit of a feel for it. It's still not that natural for me to do things like jump with the stick, but I'm working on my techskill you could say. Since I play C. Falcon in smash I figured I'd just go for a fast character, and Noel seems to work for me in that regard (still kinda even get raped by CPUs sometimes, hah). I think I'm already learning (or having reinforced for me) that you have to be patient and consistent in your input timing, not just really fast.

Glad I was finally able to register here. I actually forgot the game in my dorm room and I'm at home on break, but once I'm back I hope to get to play some people (also noticed there's a good MI BB scene, nice) and figure my Noel out.

P.S. Anybody else like to smash?

I came from smash.

Brawl, actually. I was one of those guys who was all "FUCK WAVEDASH AND TOURNYFAGS BRAWL IS AWESOME". Then i got into Guilty Gear (casual), was butthurt there was no RECENT version of Guilty Gear, and was turned to Blazblue instead. It was like a sign from the fighting game god, Blazblue was like a 3 weeks from coming out the moment i heard about it.

So i got blazblue, the Limited Edition with the combo disc, got blown up, started to learn the in's and out's of the game, went back to brawl, realized they didn't work and HOLY SHIT the melee tourny fags were right. Melee was a 90381093813023910x better fucking game. Who knew.

so now i run a decent Mu and am free to anyone who knows how to frame trap

Oh, and Makoto. Because anyone who uses her on CS2 is a voluntary faggot.

Bang, Makoto, and you can say Mu12, are all fast characters. Characters like Valkenhayn and Taokaka have high mobility too with their commands.

You just spelled your doom *.*

I came from smash.

Brawl, actually. I was one of those guys who was all "FUCK WAVEDASH AND TOURNYFAGS BRAWL IS AWESOME". Then i got into Guilty Gear (casual), was butthurt there was no RECENT version of Guilty Gear, and was turned to Blazblue instead. It was like a sign from the fighting game god, Blazblue was like a 3 weeks from coming out the moment i heard about it.

So i got blazblue, the Limited Edition with the combo disc, got blown up, started to learn the in's and out's of the game, went back to brawl, realized they didn't work and HOLY SHIT the melee tourny fags were right. Melee was a 90381093813023910x better fucking game. Who knew.

so now i run a decent Mu and am free to anyone who knows how to frame trap

Haha, yeah, Melee is a billion times better basically. I mean, everyone says Brawl is supposed to help with spacing or something (cuz there are no fucking KO moves until like 200% O__O), but I dunno. Don't know who I would even play in Brawl cuz Falcon got nerfed the shit out of.

Thanks for the welcome though everybody. Judging by how active the MI scene is I don't think I'll have too hard a time getting practice in, and once Extend comes out in the US I'll definitely buy it. BlazBlue seems pretty fucking legit.

Bang, Makoto, and you can say Mu12, are all fast characters. Characters like Valkenhayn and Taokaka have high mobility too with their commands.

I was sort of looking into Bang but I wasn't sure how good he was at first so I ended up playing Noel. I read somewhere (maybe it was iplaywinner.com) that she wasn't that high tier, but then recently I watched some tourney matches of Luna's and heard people complaining in the commentary almost to the extent that she was broken or something. Did she get considerably buffed in Extend or do people just think she's gay? :P

Noel is so braindead easy in CS2, you might as well just call her broken. Dunno about extend

You just spelled your doom *.*

:3

I dont really have an issue with her, but honestly i dont even try against most Makoto mains on this game. She gets corner -> 4k off like any setup. I dont complain about her, but on netplay i just feel cheated half the time. Noel and Makoto are the only ones that tend to do that.

lets not turn his thread into "blah blah character is broken and braindead", guys :)

Dacidbro started in Smash if I remember correctly.
obligatory "that explains a lot" comment

I was sort of looking into Bang but I wasn't sure how good he was at first so I ended up playing Noel. I read somewhere (maybe it was iplaywinner.com) that she wasn't that high tier, but then recently I watched some tourney matches of Luna's and heard people complaining in the commentary almost to the extent that she was broken or something. Did she get considerably buffed in Extend or do people just think she's gay? :P

in CS2 Noel is one of the best characters in the game, in Extend she got a lot of nerfs but is still strong. Bang is a decent, very reliable and super fun character that probably best matches C. Falcon. Also consider Makoto because "FALCON PUUUUUNCH" is her drive. But you seriously can't go wrong with anyone you pick. They're all fun and tournament viable.

Bang in CSE is considered top5ish, much better than Noel.

Also more manly, if you were a Captain Falcon main like I was.

But yeah, I came from Smash. It's not a bad transition, even if you played the scrubs version of Smash like I did. If you're coming from Melee I think it's an even easier transition.

Bang in CSE is considered top5ish, much better than Noel.

Also more manly, if you were a Captain Falcon main like I was.

But yeah, I came from Smash. It's not a bad transition, even if you played the scrubs version of Smash like I did. If you're coming from Melee I think it's an even easier transition.

You came from smash? THAT EXPLAINS EVERY THINGGG.

Brawl is mentioned, people trash talk it.

Surprise of the century.

Anyway.

My first fighter was Melee. Started back when I was around 16 or so. First traditional fighter was BlazBlue. I didn’t really pick up Blaz to replace Smash though. I guess I was bored or something. It’s not like there is a reason to play Blaz up here, anyway.

Yeah.

It's funny, because I remember The Man saying some time ago something about many Blaz players having been former Smash players.

I can't really understand that, really. I don't think the games are all that similar at all.

Do people get into Blaz from Smash thinking they are similar in speed?

Because I think Melee and 64 even are several times faster then BlazBlue and most fighters.

Unless you're looking at it from a Brawl perspective and in that case I guess most things will look fast enough in comparison.

Also, I would think that a Smash player trying to replicate Smash mobility in Blaz would pick like Taokaka or Valkenhayn. I think that is the closest you'll get to the whole rapid-fire constantly running back and forth thing that you have in Melee.

I don’t think Noel is especially fast or anything.

Welcome to the wonderful world of BB man lol. I used to love Smash but every single one of my friends ruined that when they all banned items and picked nothing but Final Destination (I wanna slap the person responsible for that stage.) But yeah I used to main Peach when I played it.

Wish I knew some guys in my area who played it with items.

Welcome to the wonderful world of BB man lol. I used to love Smash but every single one of my friends ruined that when they all banned items and picked nothing but Final Destination (I wanna slap the person responsible for that stage.) But yeah I used to main Peach when I played it.

Wish I knew some guys in my area who played it with items.

Well banning items is sort of standard nowadays in tourney play, but we definitely don't just play on FD. Neutral stages are FD, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Island, Dream Land 64, and Battlefield, then there are some counterpick stages. I kinda fucking hate FD too though.

And yeah, I guess the games aren't similar at all, but I did in fact pick up BlazBlue to see if it could rival Melee in terms of speed. I don't know what game could ever really beat Melee in that area, but BB is still pretty fast. Brawl, however, will always be pretty sluggish for me, haha.