Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oiboi

Zappa Vs. Dizzy

Dizzy is quite possibly one of Zappa's worst matchups, if not THE worst. A good Dizzy is Zappa's worst nightmare; All of Zappa's invul frames and maneuverability are near useless, and she can even outpoke him at times. Naked/Unsummon: -Get a poke in and summon. 6P and 5K are your only real options aside from f.S, but she can 5K or 2K either of these. -Watch he set ups. Don't give here a chance to get started or you'll be in a bad spot. -Careful of her grab range, don't randomly summon in hopes of hitting here or invulning through something. Ghosts: -Throw P tosses more than anything. Get a hit to interrupt her setups and get in her face, but beware the fish. -With the ghosts, closer is better in this match. If you give her distance, she'll kill you. Sword: -Close is key, get close and beat her with pokes into a combo. Her crappy defense and huge hitbox make her easy to combo. You'll be able to really hurt her with out too much trouble. -Once she zones you, it's over with the sword. Getting inside is a tough job, even IAD j.HS isn't safe because of her spear. Dog: -Heres your key. Slowly move the dog closer and use it to break her pressure. The good thing is that you can use the dog even when being pressure in the corner from a huge setup. -Once you can hit with the dog, you can get close and end things. Raou: -Dizzy's terrible defense comes in handy now. Pressure her and put as much chip damage as you can until you can get a hit in. -Once you get a hit, don't give her a chance to get out. Overall: Dizzy is a force to be reckoned with, but it's not impossible. Run jump FD'ing will help get in close, but her air grab range is crazy. Stay close and you'll be able to hurt her. Summon is your friend until you get a summon, then stay in her face and wail on her until you win. You can run under f.S if the Dizzy isn't bright enough to not do it, but 5K and 2K are tricky because there so fast. Her Defense is bad, like I said, so once you hit her a few times, you'll be winning. This really comes down to experience with the player and practice. As usual, tips/comments/questions welcome.

hm~~ yeah~~ in the corner dizzy really rapes naked Zappa :x especially the fish. I think the tension can kill the fish and push her back a bit, or if timed well 5P the fish and cancel into summon to invincibility through her next move XD hm~~ and DA against dizzy is really risky because of her tension that sucks you into the ground :X

This is one matchup where Dizzy's normals are better than her opponents. Naked Zappa loses out with almost every move, 5s included, to Dizzy's 5k. Her 2k will also out poke most of Zappa's normals. Summoning frequently and attemtping to summon on wakeup will usually result in severe punishment. If timed correctly, summon will anti-air Dizzy's j.2s, though. Another disadvantage that Zappa has here, is that (without a summon of his own) he really can't punish Dizzy for full screen dry summoning. With the Dog out: The dog isnt really all that great in this matchup, except that his jump is a pretty good anti air and will sometimes catch Dizzy even if she is air dashing backwards. There is usually so much clutter on the screen that the dog will be killed before its able to do much. With the Sword out: This is actually a pretty good summon to have out against Dizzy, as it gives Zappa much better anti air options. Also, Dizzy has some trouble under pressure from the sword in the corner. Alot of the random pokes that the sword has will catch Dizzy's feet as she tries to superjump out of the corner, or if she tries to backdash. Her air hitbox is really big :v: With the Ghosts out: This is definately the best summon to have out against Dizzy. She cannot, CANNOT dry summon or icespike (without frc) anything, even bubbles, when zappa has the ghosts. Do the full screen ghost toss often, as it will likely catch her foot as she air dashes. In all likelyhood, the Dizzy will either try to land an frc'd icespike, a 2k, or a j.2s in order to get rid of the ghosts. When pressuring Dizzy in the corner with ghost lockdown, her only option (aside from daa) is to attempt to superjump out. If you sense it coming, go for an airthrow. With Raou out: This summon is decent to have out, because the risk/reward is so excellent; Dizzy will likely die if she gets hit and the Zappa has 50% tension. Use raou's super as soon as Dizzy gets some distance; shes trying to set up some cover for when you rush her down. If you catch her with it, a huge portion of her life will drop. If not, you still drain her bar, and its not like shes getting much bar running away from you all the time. If she scores a knockdown on you, dont try to poke out of her pressure/oki. She will be using a really meaty attack on your wakeup, most likely j.2s or 6h. Just be patient. In general, I would have to say that this is one of Dizzy's stronger matchups. I would suggest going for air throws alot as Zappa, and of course, pressuring her for as long as possible.

first thing to understand about Dizzy, she has double air dash and running was never meant only moving backwards she will preserve that little bit of tension she has and blast imperial ray on your face 2nd with the ghost out and you do the full screen ghost toss,after she block it, she will kill you, follow Oiboi advice to stay close even with the ghost summon and throw the ghost occasionally the risk of full screen ghost toss is to severe 3rd, the sword summon is probably the best summon on this match rush her dead with the sword priority and fake out when she has the fish out 4. Raou... u don't want to chipping her tension, u want to kill her in one combo, only use the tension whenever u certain it will hit, if she space you up(which she will) throw a ball and continue rushing her

Ummm.. chipping with Raoh is a great idea, because you can't always land that hit (Raoh has NO mixup). Seriously, the last time I played Kenji the only time I wasn't afraid was when he had Raoh. Remember too that you can run under her j2S if she gets all predictable with that.

i've never say chiping is a bad idea, but imo spending tension just to drain up her tension is a big waste, use the tension when she try to do something, that way u can rush her, it even better if she try to imperial ray u, otherwise presure her and force her to do that something stupid

when she try to do something,

That's usually the problem when Raoh comes calling... The opponent wraps themselves in their TMNT sheets and calls it a night.

well ... u still have the ball and 2hs =/ ... got chipped to death with the ball ain't funny, i know people love their TMNT sheet when Raou comes, but like i said above u should force her to do something :gonk:

Yea uh, force her to block. Overdrive to chip damage (not important) and increase guard meter (important). Run in, throw (cause she's going to block) into wall. Insert favorite combo here for win.

And there is how to play Raoh in a nutshell. Jack that guard then try for throw or just keep chipping (remember Dizzy does have a ridiculous throw range). Also, the normal that I fear most against Dizzy is her 2HS. I can counter 5k and 2k, but that freaking move has just the right range to stuff darn near everything from Zappa, and IADing with Zappa is always risky business. Truth be told I've played this match many times and what it turns into is the most boring 50 seconds of blocking Dizzy garbage then one of the two of you exploding all over the place. I hate Dizzy, character design and all. Why did Justice die and get replaced by her....

Yea uh, force her to block.

Overdrive to chip damage (not important) and increase guard meter (important). Run in, throw (cause she's going to block) into wall. Insert favorite combo here for win.

And there is how to play Raoh in a nutshell. Jack that guard then try for throw or just keep chipping (remember Dizzy does have a ridiculous throw range).

Also, the normal that I fear most against Dizzy is her 2HS. I can counter 5k and 2k, but that freaking move has just the right range to stuff darn near everything from Zappa, and IADing with Zappa is always risky business.

Truth be told I've played this match many times and what it turns into is the most boring 50 seconds of blocking Dizzy garbage then one of the two of you exploding all over the place.

I hate Dizzy, character design and all. Why did Justice die and get replaced by her....

ugh... yeah i'm speechless on this, when in TMNT sheets Dizzy player was usualy waiting for that moment :vbang:... if Raoh was that useless can't u just try to bait her from spaced distance? and tempt her to kill you? :gonk: ... i'm not playing Zappa :vbang:

against a dizzy that hides in the corner against raoh and is able to block everything raoh does~ comboless throw and chip damage are the only things you really get to do : x and sending forward darkness anthem = dizzy can suck you into the ground with that one tension and drain away raoh time T_T but yeah, excelence~ I don't think raoh can combo off the wall if the opponent being thrown is too close to the wall :x

j.hs her Necro Okotta bai the start up after the super flash is slow like hell and try to IB the fish bites on her corner pressure, that will buy u more time to counter it. the basic theory of nailing that tension is taking advantage of it's long active frame and the block stun by the fish bites

Well, new Raoh can do OK off the corner throw because Edguy(RC) jS jHS Edguy still :psyduck: oes a butt-ton of damage.

Do Dizzy players these days use Necro's Anger? I thought that super was worthless.... Though if you're getting hit by it durning Darkness Anthem (extension), remember NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO THROW IT. You recover so fast if you don't launch that move. If you're getting hit out of extension, don't do extension. That's about all the mixup you have.

But yeah, if you want to play Zappa you have to get over the fact that Raoh is NOT an instant win, or even an advantage sometimes. He is a great tool to have (cause of damage) but you aren't going to win just because you're all blue and lightningy.

And I played Zangief before Guilty Gear existed. :psyduck:

XD I was just pointing out that attempting to chip dizzy to death can be risky XD If you try to chip her with DA or Bellow's Malice, Dizzy might be able to get you with that one tension : x oh, so at the corner throws that are extremely close to the corner Raoh can combo off it? last I remember I was only able to otg off it, although I guess maybe it would be possible with 4 frame edgy xP

I'll assume that they use the tension to switch the pressure to them. Also, trying to space out dizzy is just asking for trouble. Really though, Raou can help if you get lucky and spot a mistake. Other than that.... not much else he can do here.

If me, i'll use the tension for the kill on pressure mix up(matching the timing with the fish bites/laser is hard thought, and i'm risking chance for the oponent to get out of my lock down), that Necro kotta bai need more invinsible frame on startup and to risky to be used to counter anything without proper spacing :vbang: and yeah, trying to space out her is asking for trouble :vbang:

hm.. yeah.. if dizzy puts out a fish, supposedly raoh would want to DA or tension it, but that would be what a dizzy with tension wants :X I'm thinking~~ a 5S and try to cancel into something else fast XD like an edgy but I dunno~ and she's got that unblockable with the laser fish :X

IMO, it'll be wiser to just run from the fish range coverage(expect the laser Fish and Homing fish), beating the fish down was the usual pattern Dizzy player expect for a ch combo or leave u on disadvantage situation *duh* the best time to punish the fish IMO is when she does the summoning... just try to caught that timming... but dunno how =/

O.O so you're saying to let dizzy zone zappa in when the fish is out? XD and I'm talking about raoh here, 4 frame uppercut with extremely large hitbox : V

basically yeah, if that was it takes to get an opening =), u only need less than 2 second to do that crazy damage and kill her and Raoh will stay there for about 15 sec iirc, knowing the fish movement range also help, like the h_fish (laser) will stay about a half screen away from her and so on

and she's got that unblockable with the laser fish :X

I dont think thats an unblockable but more of a hard to block mixup. You cannot block overheads and low attacks simultanously but you can block attack coming from left and right (if thats what youre refering to).

senix, that's not what I'm talking about. It's when dizzy sends out laser fish and uses her fire tension, and the fish moves at full speed during the super flash where you can't move. the problem is if dizzy zones zappa with raoh in, she puts you into a really long pressure string and drains away raoh time. Of course, if you try to uppercut your way out of gaps you end up killing the fish instead.