Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] Ragna vs Tager

Match-up hasn't really changed that much from CS2, except for Tager being a good bit more dangerous this time. Really, you just have to play this matchup incredibly smart and carefully, because if you make 2 mistakes, you're pretty much dead.

I need confirmation on something in this match as I don't have access to extend at the second, but can you punish 3C >ASledge with ID if you IB the 3C?

tager eats footsies for free, so 5B, 5C, and 2D all work well.

i wouldn't use 5C as much when tager has 50 heat, since on IB it leads to a free 720.

i find the matchup to basically be to keep throwing footsies at him until he does something stupid.

it would also help if you told us what kind of problems you're having. helps all of us out a lot.

I need confirmation on something in this match as I don't have access to extend at the second, but can you punish 3C >ASledge with ID if you IB the 3C?

there's a gap even on regular block.

there's a gap even on regular block.

Oh wow, seriously? I've been respecting that waaaay too much then.

This matchup destroys me. If I mess up even once, I'll get command grabbed. So you pretty much just do footies the whole round, till he messes up or does something stupid?

This matchup destroys me. If I mess up even once, I'll get command grabbed. So you pretty much just do footies the whole round, till he messes up or does something stupid?

Yes.

you'd be amazed at how impatient tager players become when it comes down to a footsie game

you'd be amazed at how impatient Ragna players become when it comes down to a footsie game

=3

I have no idea what to do against a Ragna. I just block until they do something stupid and then I 360 them.

I have no idea what to do against a Ragna. I just block until they do something stupid and then I 360 them.

You're doing it right so far. Not much Ragna can really do if you're patient, it'll drive him to do something risky, and then bam, punish him for it.

Of course, if he's even MORE patient than you, then he'll probably keep you out just fine.

I don't want to hear it Mr. "Fuck this match-up I have to catch a bus".

Secretary of state closes at like 5:30pm or something like that.

I didn't see the evergreen bus so I had to walk a half hour to get there.

Yes I caught the bus...hate.

FYI 2D is not very good against Tager for footsies.

It's too slow.

FYI 2D is not very good against Tager for footsies.

It's too slow.

It's still cool sometimes, but not too often.

5B and 5C are still your best bets for spacing Tager.

j.C too, since it's amazing now.

2B kinda works?! But not for strict spacing.

Can't Ragna 2D Tager's 2D on reaction? That's a heavy CH you know. *Note: Ragna's 2D CH will only give you OTG state for 22C if you let them touch the ground after the initial ground bounce. It's dumb.

What can Tager do when Ragna has him in the corner at 5C range. He just gets raped.

Yeah cause Ragna just stays on the ground instead of constant j.C > jc

2C

6A

j.A

AC

I don't know, i don't play Tager.

2A

Back dash

IB

Smoke a blunt

Drink Ragna's tears.

Those all sound like very viable options yes.

@Zeron: Play offline then.

I'm not saying he's not very strong in the corner at all, but you definitely have good answers to the things he can do to you, anywhere on the screen. Watch his habits, and bait and punish accordingly.

Ragna only has so many ways to keep you guessing and on your toes.

Actually most if not all characters can time their jumps so their air to ground bodies mashing.

That sentence made absolutely NO sense, Axis.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I REREAD IT.

There are still answers, I never said mash.

Block nigga, this is Ragna we're talking about.