Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] Ragna vs Arakune

Hmm.. as I would imagine with most arakune matchups, cursed..and you dead, especially with Rags unless his kills him off quickly

C Infernal divider might help but besides that Rags is screwed once cursed, pretty much have to run

Dealing with Arakune in curse is more of a test of your knowledge of the character than an actual matchup. His curse setups are mostly air tight/DP safe, so you're pretty much forced to block/run no matter what character you are using. The important thing in this matchup is knowing how to handle pre-curse Kune.

Learn how and when to burst. Ideally, you shouldn't burst:

-While in the middle or start of a curse combo

-When getting pressured while in curse

-Generally speaking, outside of Curse mode

Not sure how counter assaults helps now, since Arakune is very effective at breaking primers.

Still helps, but you have to be careful with it now. When you're blocking curse mix-up, it really really helps to just keep an eye on three things:

-Arakune's actual moves, the bugs can be blocked low or high.

-Your primers, as Arakune will break them fast in curse pressure

-Your barrier, as you'll be using that to keep him from guard breaking you.

I go a lot of matches surviving curse because I just don't try to get out without a counter assault or something, like MashThat5A said, his strings are all tight as hell. If you do get a hit on him while he's in curse, make the most of it, his curse meter still drains while you're hitting him.

Ragna is pretty strong at neutral against Arakune, just don't try to fight him in the air, his j.B is annoying. 6A is great in this match up. j.D as well for air-to-air spacing, but properly space it. When he's throwing bugs and clouds pre-curse, maneuver around them and cover your approaches appropriately.

Pre-curse, his mix-up isn't scary, and his pressure isn't very strong, just react to his 6A overhead and throws, both of which will lead to combos that increase his curse meter.

Without 50 heat, Arakune does not have a real reversal, so he's easier to pressure than most characters. However, keep your strings really tight, and don't use Deadspike much here outside of the corner, because his backdash will get him out of range all the time. Basically, when you're in, do everything you can to STAY in.

When he has 50 heat, watch out for his bug laser super, which is REALLY easy to punish if you bait it. I recommend a Deadspike punish, that's Ragna's best starter proration and damage wise. Also watch out for FoG, which is a low and resets his curse meter.

nobody suggest 2C punish :( is it really not optimal? what followup would you get off of CH DS? isnt that only hard damage on crouchers?

CH Deadspike allows for 6C to link on both standing and crouching. 2C isn't bad by any means, but Deadspike is generally easier, since you can space it better and have lower risk of accidentally touching Arakune's hitbox (and getting hit, which is always sad). Plus, Deadspike does 1000 damage raw, and has a P1 of 100, and P2 of 94.

2C is also a good way to punsih, if you have good fatal combos. Basically, you can do whatever you want, I just prefer Deadpsike (especially if you go into a BK combo off of it) because it's really really easy to hit 4 or 5k without even trying if you get that as a starter (7 or 8k with BK combos)

well, you can cancel arakune's hitbox out by running into it with barrier iirc. Ill take fatal status over like 250 damage any day. with that in mind, you get more meter building opportunity + more corner carry which can generally up your damage potential. iuno, ill test stuff.

edit: 2C P2 not 100? wat

in corner its 9.4k vs 9.1k for raw max damage (no bursts)

though you can get more damage with 2C overall through a really situational combo (lol) spike does like 100 more than 2C for the corner 100 meter claw combo (no 22c rc)

You don't wanna risk a RC.

I always dead spike that super anyway.

Block Punishes vs Arakune:

Guaranteed:

2C

- FC 2C

3C

- (dash) 2C crouch hit

6C

- 5B (also CH him out of 5C add on)

6C > 5C

- dash 6A (also CH him out of 2C add on)

- IB > 5B (also CH him out of 2C add on)

6C > 5C > 2C

- (dash) 2C

j.2A/B/C

- (dash) 5B

j.236C

- (dash) 5B

Spider laser super

- dash FC 2C (wait until it's ending)

- CH DS (any time during super)

- BK > FC 2C/CH DS

Air super

- dash FC 2C

- During flash BK > dash FC 2C

---

Anyone let me know if something isn't true or feel free to add anything I miss.

Also keep in mind some of these would be suicide to go for when cursed.

VR, I have I ever told you how much I love you.

I love you long time.

lol, this is what happens when I have crap internet. Training modo. I'm actually finding some things I never knew in doing this too. On this match up specifically, I didn't know the gaps between the 6C stuff was so huge. I'm never sitting through that move again, mash 5B after blocking the first one (assuming you aren't cursed). But for that matter that's probably why you don't see Arakunes do it outside of curse ever.

Block Punishes vs Arakune:

Guaranteed:

2C

- FC 2C

3C

- (dash) 2C crouch hit

6C

- 5B (also CH him out of 5C add on)

6C > 5C

- dash 6A (also CH him out of 2C add on)

- IB > 5B (also CH him out of 2C add on)

6C > 5C > 2C

- (dash) 2C

j.2A/B/C

- (dash) 5B

j.236C

- (dash) 5B

Spider laser super

- dash FC 2C (wait until it's ending)

- CH DS (any time during super)

- BK > FC 2C/CH DS

Air super

- dash FC 2C

- During flash BK > dash FC 2C

---

Anyone let me know if something isn't true or feel free to add anything I miss.

Also keep in mind some of these would be suicide to go for when cursed.

Arakune doesn't do any of these in pre-curse pressure.

Is there way to beat Arakune's back feint thing on his wake up?

I mean, I MashThat2A on his wake up, and he still manages to escape..

If you do two 2As then you can't really do anything. You can do 2A 2B~5B/5C or similar OSes to catch backdash if you really wanted to. Time the string such that if Arakune stays put, 2A gatlings into 2B and 5B/5C is pressed too early for anything to happen, and if Arakune does back dash, the 2A gatling into 2B doesn't happen and then 5B/5C comes out, tagging the backdash.

React to it.

Throw in a 2a, if it whiffs, go in.

You can at least beat Tager if you aren't stupid and keep the pressure up, with ole cum stain here, if he curses just put down the controller.

Real talk buffer those Inferno Dividers in neutral you fucking need to so you can react to j.B.

FUCK THAT! J.B is a safe jump i swear, i got blown up hard by buffering DP.