Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda Simple Questions And Answers Thread

Its use is for zoning, corner carry, corner reversal (positioning), and insane damage combo's in the corner.

Don't just throw it out there, but don't get into the habit of never using it either... It's a limited resource, so all the more reason to use it. It's handy when you're stuck in some tough positions too.

I also use gravity in some tager 50/50 gf, if he throw/slow attack, is a FC, and if he blocks, i think he can do 360A, but no one have done this vs me, so i dont know. Also sometimes i use it in 236A mixup when my opponent has one primer and i think he is going to throw me, but maybe isnt a good idea, an OS barrier-throw probably will beat the two options.

Can anybody show me the best universal fc combo of gravity starter?

Btw i usually use gravity in combo, to corner carry or big damage, zoning only in time outs or when i really need the space (low barrier/low primers). If you use to zoning it recovers much slower, i think

I also use gravity in some tager 50/50 gf, if he throw/slow attack, is a FC, and if he blocks, i think he can do 360A, but no one have done this vs me, so i dont know.
Nope, 360A is too slow. He can 720 if he IB's, but this isn't a common situation anyway.

Can anybody show me the best universal fc combo of gravity starter?

214A FC > 236C > (Dashing) 236D > Dashing 214D~C > Dashing 5C[8] > 4B[2] > 2DD > TK > Dashing 6DD > 2DD > air ender

Pretty easy. Best is a vague term.

214A FC > Dashing 5C[8] > 4B[2] > (2DD) > TK > 5DD > 236C > (Dashing) 236D > Dashing 214D~C > 5C[8] > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > air ender

Try those out and see if you like them.

I really need to start using TK mixups online more often. I now realize that's hurting my Lambda gameplay for a good while. I'm usually afraid of messing up doing this online. How should I practice this? I mean, in training? I usually have the AI block and see what combinations I can do.

Also, how the hell do you do the crescent feint for her swords in the air, especially on pad? I did it once and screwed it up afterwards. I also need to learn that more consistently.

Practice practice practice.

Just practice 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D~C > j.DD > j.2DD > dj.DD > dj.2DD > dj.214D until you can do it comfortably.

For TK feints, same thing. I personally first practiced it individually, by doing lone TK feints over and over, doing more consecutively, faster - as time went on.

I suggest practicing it off jump cancellable moves too, though, like 6DD or 6A, for example. Also try practicing it during Dashing and Running.

First make sure you can do like 50 crescent cancels in a row on both sides of the screen. After you can do them consistently, then you can practice all of the fun stuff that comes after it.

After crescent cancel D-spam combo is easy. Just practice it. If you are having issues connecting jDD after the crescent cancel, either you did the cancel too slow or you aren't mashing D hard enough after it.

I suggest practicing it off jump cancellable moves too, though, like 6DD or 6A, for example. Also try practicing it during Dashing and Running.

I would also recommend learning how to do it off of 2A and 2B as well. Even though they aren't jump cancellable, they recover pretty fast and you are pushed to the right range when people barrier block them.

I had no issues doing Lambda's cresent cancel combo in the air offline, online I seem to bluebeat it or not get it though, it was super easy offline though.

Cookie, in CT I spent a stupid amount of time just doing lone TK's for a while. Keep doing them until you almost always get it. Then start using them in combos

I recently got myself an new edition xbox controller with the upright dpad, SO EASY now!

I'm excited to learn Lambda's combo's (Yes, I know, they didn't change THAT much). I think I gotta work on my reaction time and hit confirming.

The crescent combo seems easy now. I practiced both sides and managed to get it both sides. Will keep practicing.

Still working on TKs but I can do it with 2a often.

I've been practicing loloko's combos in the combo thread and was doing fine until I hit the midscreen corner combos. I'm basically stuck on the

2B>3C>236B>RC>5DD>236C>236D>Dash>214D~C>4B>j.214D>6DD>2DD>Aerial D

The same goes for the others, I'm having issues with 236C>236D connecting, they seem to tech before it can land.

I have issues with some other combo's, but this one's pretty crucial if I want to get large damage from Lambda

Some of her combo's are so not worth doing for an extra 200 damage, I'll take a non risky 4200 combo over a risky 44400 any day

I've been practicing loloko's combos in the combo thread and was doing fine until I hit the midscreen corner combos. I'm basically stuck on the

2B>3C>236B>RC>5DD>236C>236D>Dash>214D~C>4B>j.214D>6DD>2DD>Aerial D

The same goes for the others, I'm having issues with 236C>236D connecting, they seem to tech before it can land.

I have issues with some other combo's, but this one's pretty crucial if I want to get large damage from Lambda

Some of her combo's are so not worth doing for an extra 200 damage, I'll take a non risky 4200 combo over a risky 44400 any day

It got buried under the more recent stuff, but pktazn posted a link to a very useful video that teaches you about the conditions necessary here:

If the visuals aren't enough, let me know and I'll translate the text that goes with the video once I get the time.

Well, shit, I didn't know dashing 236D didn't work on everyone. I was using Tao as my training dummy : /

Even still, it's difficult to hit.

I've been looking on Lolo's list, and it has some typos and whatnot. Is there a different list that has all the optimal combos, or is that part of the thread the only place to print and practice Lambda's better combos?

Lambda's combos aren't too difficult, but it's a little nervewracking how space specific they are and how much you have to improvise depending on where and how the character was hit

Thanks, Haki, I'm at work so I'll watch the video. Lambda's combo's seem more effecient than CS2's.

Some of those 236C>dash 2C>5C>4B strings scare me, I can get them 60% of the time, but performing them during pressure may be another thing, sometimes I find myself doing the 2C just a little too early.

How are you guys doing with her combo's? I've been going through the list and marking the one's that are easy, safe, effecient and high damaging. I can't justify the risk of some of the combo's when the other does nearly the same damage with easier results

I'm not sure how much the video helps, I'm not seeing the visual cue except that Cavalier shouldn't hit too high or too low. So against a portion of the cast Lambda can just do a simple 236C>236D without having to dash right away? She can just immedately whip out a 236D after the 236C? I couldn't hit Tao doing a simple 236D or dash 236D

Height is a factor. As a practical example, I find 5DD > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > 236D to be very easy and useful against those that it works against.

IMO, combo's like these are things that should be done in semi-controlled situations. Basically, any position where you know what to expect. Guard Crushes, Throws, simple BnB pick-ups, stuff like that.

It says only Dashing 236D works on Tao, so you'd have to practice 23656D (that's how I suggest you do it)

Height is a factor. As a practical example, I find 5DD > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > 236D to be very easy and useful against those that it works against.

IMO, combo's like these are things that should be done in semi-controlled situations. Basically, any position where you know what to expect. Guard Crushes, Throws, simple BnB pick-ups, stuff like that.

It says only Dashing 236D works on Tao, so you'd have to practice 23656D (that's how I suggest you do it)

But don't quite a few of Lambda's midscreen to corner combo's require the 236C>236D combo? (Well, the more optimal ones?) I feel like not being able to do this consistently would really hurt, the only thing I could think of being worse is if you couldn't do a tk on a regular basis : /

The only Lambda's I can think of who don't have any problems going for Dashing 236D's mid-combo in a match are Tsukasa and Yuuki. Tsukasa just has insane execution, plus he always goes for optimal combo's. Yuuki must've practiced a lot, since (s)he hasn't exactly always been a good player.

Optimal practical combo's. It doesn't really hurt. If you can do it, go for it. If you can't, it's not a huge deal. Does Yoshiki do it? I'm fairly certain Yoshiki only goes for easy, damaging combo's for the most part.

As long as you're doing some sort of corner carry - it doesn't have to be fully in the corner. It just gives you a bit more space to run away, as well as better pressure.

Oh, trust me, I've definitely been going through the combo list and crossing out the combo's that I don't think are very practical. Is the dash 236D not as practical as I think it is? I don't mind a few hundred less damage for easiness, but it gets me a little irked when it reaches that 400-500 damage difference

My technical skills are fairly poor, so I'm a slow learner

Yes, regular 236D works against a portion of the cast. I don't have the game myself yet so I haven't been able to practice it at home, but looking over the video, this is what they say:

Cavalier portion: The trick to getting cavalier to land correctly is to "delay it by one beat", although depending on the starter and the character just doing everything as fast as possible may work as well. I assume that this means something like DD*pause*236C with all 4 parts coming out at a steady rhythmn at the same speed you would usually do DD is what you want. If you do it too slow/fast, or you hit with the edge cavalier or blade->rc instead, it won't work. Height is of great importance it seems.

Sickle portion: For sliding sickle to work, you need to connect with cavalier at least a certain distance away from the wall. The markings that he uses for reference are the fat line on the ground for the right wall and the triangular shape on the ground for the left wall (demonstrated at around 2:40~ish). An example of him failing because cavalier connected past the line is shown shortly after. Apparently it works best if you time your sickle input so that sickle comes out right after they hit the wall.

Edit: Also, just incase it's not clear, 2366D is the input recommended for dashing 236D, which is why you see it written that way. It's really not that hard once you get used to it. It's like your regular 236D input, but if you cram in an extra 6 before you hit D the dashing version will come out instead.

Depends.

eg. For most people, in fact, I'd say everyone except Japanese players, the TK Loop wasn't practical simply because they dropped it. The dashing 236D is definitely practical if you can find the time to practice it, but I still think it's only something to go for in a situation where you've practiced it to work.

The most consistent Lambda IMO, Yoshiki, doesn't go for it. It doesn't affect his gameplay either.

So for the most part, I'd say it's not very practical.