Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda Simple Questions And Answers Thread

Ok, easy question to answer. For 2DD>jc>JD>jc>j2D>j214D~C>falling 2C>2DD>214A

I can't get the combo to work, they ALWAYS tech the 214A on the ground, anyone have any clue where I'm maybe messing up?

First, let's fix your notation. It'll make things a bit easier and clear up any misunderstandings.

2DD > j.DD > dj.2DD > dj.214D~C > dj.2C > 2DD > 214A > Y

What exactly is going wrong? Is 214A not connecting? Or you're having trouble doing a follow-up after?

214A not connecting: My guess is that the opponent is too high. When I've done the combo, the opponent is way too high for 214A. I also don't recommend doing Gravity in this combo, since the damage isn't worth it with this proration IMO. Have you tried delaying 214A?

They tech before the 214D connects, it does seem like they're too high, how do I make it so they're not so high? Am I not delaying the aerial Ds? Hitting too quick with the falling C?

No, not at all. It's just the nature of this combo, I think. The combo won't work if j.2C isn't done fast enough, and the j.2C > 2DD link isn't something you can freely delay.

I have a little trouble here with the corner bubble Oki from Trinity the platinum. Any good way to deal with it as lamdra?

Usually, when this Oki is set, only way for me to not get into the bubble are "wake up late" or "wake up as neutral + guard"

but usually, the opponent will counter any wake up late with "dig up" and those who wake up as neutral will have to deal with her another full pressure sting/ or throw again, because I can't attack first. so what should I do in this situation?

What do you usually do to get out of this bubble oki?

Get up and block and look for an opening. Platinum is probably the strongest character in the game for corner oki in EX (at least in my opinion).

so get up and just block her another pressure sting?

Well her combo is kidda hard to block too. chance is that I will be down into another bubble Oki again or just died. x_x

Well if you're talking corner.

Tech forward = Caught by Bubble. (This goes for midscreen too)

Tech backwards = Caught by bubble.

Neutral Tech = Forced to block bubble and bubble will interupt any attempt at a reversal.

So yeah, it's actually very powerful in the corner. Just gotta work on blocking well and finding a way out. Since you wont be reversal supering very much at all I guess you could try and save meter for a CA if you were really dreading this situation but apart from that I think it comes down to good honest blocking lol

...This is something I have never really asked for help with. I have this extremely bad habit of backdashing the wrong times, which allows me to get air grabbed before I can do anything get hit. I think my mobility is lacking with lambda. How do I work on this? I know I should probably train with someone on this but I was wondering if there were other ways as well. This is something I want to work on as well so I'm being honest and serious with this.

I'm guessing you mean air back dashing. I don't get grabbed in the midst of doing it, so I think, if you're getting grabbed while doing it, you're doing an air back dash instead of an instant air back dash. If that's the case, just repeatedly do it in training mode until you get the feel of doing it. If you're talking about spacing and mobility, you have options aside from air back dash, but Lambda relies a lot on reflexes for those types of situations. If someone runs forward, you can run over them or through them, but its all in how you react to it in the frames given to you.

If you're afraid that your mobility is lacking, you can easily just control their mobility, since most games involving Lambda are rather slow, which is where she wants to be. If you're moving a lot, it increases the odds of you making a mistake. In most cases, if speed is what you need, you'll have to increase your reaction speed and reflexes. Not sure if that answers your question haha.

I'm guessing you mean air back dashing. I don't get grabbed in the midst of doing it, so I think, if you're getting grabbed while doing it, you're doing an air back dash instead of an instant air back dash. If that's the case, just repeatedly do it in training mode until you get the feel of doing it. If you're talking about spacing and mobility, you have options aside from air back dash, but Lambda relies a lot on reflexes for those types of situations. If someone runs forward, you can run over them or through them, but its all in how you react to it in the frames given to you.

If you're afraid that your mobility is lacking, you can easily just control their mobility, since most games involving Lambda are rather slow, which is where she wants to be. If you're moving a lot, it increases the odds of you making a mistake. In most cases, if speed is what you need, you'll have to increase your reaction speed and reflexes. Not sure if that answers your question haha.

I need to practice instant air backdashing more. That was exactly what I was talking about. I think my reflexes suck ass at times. I want to overcome that.

You also have to see if you are trying to air backdash at a wrong time, some times the gap on the pressure is not long enough for you to escape and it was better if you just kept blocking.

I need to practice instant air backdashing more. That was exactly what I was talking about. I think my reflexes suck ass at times. I want to overcome that.

Instant air back dashes; is, in most cases, faster than air back dashing. I think of it like a triangle. An air back dash is jumping up and then moving backward, whereas an instant air dash is doing both at the same time. The line is longer, but it covers both points faster. Learning how to do it is pretty key to Lambda's mobility, and also the reason you get hatemail at 3 in the morning because that's what Lambdas do. And if people are pissed off about it, obviously that means instant air back dashing is overpowered :D

Instant air back dashes; is, in most cases, faster than air back dashing. I think of it like a triangle. An air back dash is jumping up and then moving backward, whereas an instant air dash is doing both at the same time. The line is longer, but it covers both points faster. Learning how to do it is pretty key to Lambda's mobility, and also the reason you get hatemail at 3 in the morning because that's what Lambdas do. And if people are pissed off about it, obviously that means instant air back dashing is overpowered :D

Noob question, but how do you do instant air back dash? what is the order of button you push for this command? it seem I always either backdash first or just jump first, never done them together.

We have a video thread for pro Lambdas and the like, so where should I post videos of my own, which are casual at best, that I don't want critiqued? Do we need to create a thread for the Lambda Community or just throw them in with the Pro players?

Does anybody knows some good burst bait for lambda? I was told to do j.C>2C>JC>j.C>j.B, but that combo is not something that you will commonly use with her.

When done properly, Lambda's Drive air ender (X > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > dj.DD > dj.2DD > dj.214D) is burst-safe already. Just make sure you're far enough not to get hit by the burst.

Some people burst at (off the ground) X > 214A > burst, so that's an easy punish. If you have 100 Heat, you can Air Throw > RC > 236C and reaction RC to block and punish their burst.

In terms of actual burst baits, you could 2C > IAD away > 5DD/6DD punish, or any other jump cancellable move (like 5B, 6A, 6D, etc.). Or you could do X > j.C/j.2C > reaction jump away. Things of that nature.

I personally don't think Lambda is much of a traditional burst-bait character. I would suggest sticking with her burst-safe air ender and to keep in mind her 214A and Air Throw situations if they happen.

Yeah, I already knew that the air ender is burst safe, but I was looking for a way to bait it in other situations too, and I liked the ones that you mentioned. Thanks!