Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda Simple Questions And Answers Thread

oh yeah i knew the question of what i play on would come up. i play on ps3 with a pad. i have 2 other local friends i play with who aren't any better than me (its a learning process for all 3 of us) and i do have access to online but im honestly scared to play online with my minimal character knowledge :P

I remember that feeling.... But if you push through eventually or quickly you become numb to it -- besides you can set ur room to beginners and kick ppl who obviously aren't

Not to mention that u should prbly go expecting to be wrecked -- might help dampen the rage some if ur prone to it

Perhaps convince ur buddies to play online with you to help create a general feeling of security online-- do whatever to help your comfort level

Hmm, is there any reason to use dashunder>3C>214D over the yoshiki setup? I just use that setup off of every corner 236C now and haven't found a reason to switch back.

3C > 214D is alright. I think a plain 3C is better, though.

The "Yoshiki set-up" doesn't really do anything (besides mind games). You might as well just dash out and Barrier block for a little while, or do a Throw whiff, etc.

Lambda doesn't have that many safe moves off of her normals so her up close blockstrings aren't that great. You have pretty much just her basic gatlings and then you jump cancel away. So most of your strings will look like 2A/5A > 5B > 2B > 2C > jump cancel > IAD away. Since 2B is 0 on block and 5B is only -1, you can do things like 2A > 2A > 2B/5B > dash 2A to reset pressure.

If you think you have the spacing down, you can do something like 2A/5A > 2B > 6B > 5C > 3C/4B[2nd hit only] for a high low mix-up as well.

And if you don't think your opponent is mashing buttons, you can do TK.214D off of any jump cancellable move for some mix-up or feint it and IAD towards the opponent to reset pressure.

2Ax3>3C/4B(2) on barrier blocking

2Ax3>6A>2B>3C/4B(2) on instant blocking

2A>5B>6A>2B>3C/4B(2) on normal blocking.

Though since that just makes it a guessing game you should also mix in various gimmicks like IAD forward>j.B>j.C>j.214D~C>66BC for a surprise grab.

If someone could answer my question I'd be very graceful.

You see, in an earlier post I asked about Lambda's options after doing her air-grab and I was told about her cross-under using 2B [And I'm very happy that I learned of it. I find it quite helpful.]

Now, my question is what's the best attack to follow up with after said cross-under? So far I've tried 2C, 2B, and 2A, but I'm not sure which of these is the better option and if there are any other/safer attacks I could use instead.

2C is for beating slower, special types of mashing (like Litchi's 4D[m] and Noel's 2D), and jumpers (assuming they don't Barrier block). It used to be a stronger starter in CS2. I recommend 2B over 2A. You could also do a Throw after, or some sort of Throw set-up (2B > Throw, 2A > Throw, (2A) > 214A, etc.).

Do whatever you want, but I recommend just sticking with 2B. You could do a lone 2B, since it's safe on block, and bait a DP or continue pressure. Or, if the character doesn't have a reliable way out of pressure (like Lambda), you could do a delayed 6B (or 2C/Throw/3C if you want, although I think it's better to stick with 6B) to beat mashing and still have a jump cancel option. 6B is much like 2C in this case, but faster and it has better gatlings after.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to do nothing, either. If you can react fast enough to a roll and punish with 2B, for example, it's a decent option. It'll also let you do 4B[#2 only] on the opponent's wake-up.

Also, for opponents used to cross-unders after an Air Throw, you could try doing a fake cross-under with 2B to potentially disorient them.

Hello, long time no see ^^

Can someone plz give me a hand with cavalier>66>2c>5c>4b(2)>2d> air stuff?

Problem is between 2c-5c-6b, sometimes the 5c doesn't connect, sometimes the first hit of 4b hits and the whole combo drops.

I can hit it like 1/5 th of the times, but the problem is i just can't figure out what i do wrong the rest of the times. That dash completely screws me.

You see i have this awful sense of timing, that i just can't understand how i just used 66. Its like i completely forgot the timing i used.

Had troubles with combos harded than this one before, but most of the times with enough practise i could pass them into muscle memory, but with this one im completely confused, and i know its not that difficult.

I know im kinda vague here, but anything would be helpfull

thx :)

A much more reliable alternative would just be to do 66 > 5c > 2c > air enders.

I personally could never get the 2c > 5c > 4b consistently enough to warrant going for the extra damage and meter and risk dropping it

For 2C > 5C > 4B[2] I think being about a character length away from the opponent when you hit with 2C helps the 1st hit of 4B to miss. Delaying the hits of 5C a little can also help to make the 1st hit of 4B whiff. Mess around with it in training to get the spacing/timing right.

Personally never do this in matches though. The damage you get for doing it isn't worth the risk of dropping your combo ender imo

Hello, long time no see ^^

Can someone plz give me a hand with cavalier>66>2c>5c>4b(2)>2d> air stuff?

Problem is between 2c-5c-6b, sometimes the 5c doesn't connect, sometimes the first hit of 4b hits and the whole combo drops.

I can hit it like 1/5 th of the times, but the problem is i just can't figure out what i do wrong the rest of the times. That dash completely screws me.

You see i have this awful sense of timing, that i just can't understand how i just used 66. Its like i completely forgot the timing i used.

Had troubles with combos harded than this one before, but most of the times with enough practise i could pass them into muscle memory, but with this one im completely confused, and i know its not that difficult.

I know im kinda vague here, but anything would be helpfull

thx :)

If 5C is whiffing, then they are typically too high. If they are above your head, 5C will typically whiff and you gotta just go into jD. If 4B[1] is hitting, then you might not be delaying 4B. After hitting with all hits of 5C, you want to slightly delay pressing 4B. If you press it as soon as you can, 4B[1] hits most of the time in my experience.

Don't worry too much about the timing of the dash. As long as you end up near the opponent and can 2C them before they tech, you are fine. I haven't found distance from the opponent to be too big of an issue. Just try to dash as soon as you can and hit with 2C as late as you can.

thanks all ^^

I have been using 5c>2c>air juggle all this time, then realized 2c>5c>4b does about 400 more damage so it was worth the try.

Managed to hit it a few more times with your suggestions, its probably the only combo i use my eyes to get it correct instead of muscle memory. Still can't hit it at all on Tao though, dunno whats with her hitbox. xd

Anyway thanks again, started to mess around with lambda again after 3 or so months and decided to completely change some of the stuff i used to do, so i might ask again sometime soon, hope no one minds my stupid questions :)

Could I please have a primer on using crescent sabre. I can already tk it fairly often but I can't use it as anything other than a combo ender. I've seen the crescent sabre > 6A in the corner for example but it never works for me.

Are you trying to do a raw TK crescent into 6A? Or are you trying to a particular combo using TK crescent > 6A that isn't working for you?

Raw crescent doesn't combo into anything except 5A (and it has to be a fatal counter iirc) without RCing it. Try seeing if you can do (with the opponent directly in the corner) throw > 6A > TK crescent > 6A > 6C > ect without any issues. If you are having issues with doing it, then the issue is either the opponent isn't high enough when you hit them with the TK crescent or you didn't do it low enough to the ground so you want to change up your timing.

pffft whaaa? TK FC into 5A works? O_o

I've wasted so much heat ;~;

It's the not easiest to react to in a match, you have to 66 5a > 6a

huh. On hakumen, you can do an undashed 5B after 236B but it only gatlings into 6B or 2C (6A whiffs). Any other characters like that?