Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda Simple Questions And Answers Thread

This should cover the character specifics of what you can do after a corner 236B.

lambdacharspecific.png

[i'm assuming the table says 236B > Standing 5B doesn't work for Haku because the only feasible follow up is 5B 2C[2 hits]. This makes pulling off the TK after 2C to get a combo kinda tricky. You'd be better off just doing dash 5A/5B > 6A combos which do the same or more damage for less effort.]

fyi the 236C section refers to comboing 236D after 236C midscreen and whether or not you have to do a dashing 236D(2366D) to connect it.

(Forget who made this table originally but muchas gracias to them :yaaay:)

I know the chart and I've used it for forever, but since X>236B>5B>2C(2)>TK>5Cx2>6C>236D>214D~C>Ect works on haku and does more damage than the usual TK combo, I'm wondering if there are any other characters it is good for.

Easy question that I struggle to answer...

So, I'll say what I picture in all of my matches.

5C (7/8) > 3C or 2B. That's a high low mixup if you have proper spacing, but what can you do after the 3C or 2B if they actually blocked it. I'm extremely unsafe it seems, but one thread told me that after 3C I can 214B. That gets baited. Should I just avoid using 5C in a blockstring? 236C is unsafe against characters like Ragna with a DP, so I'm still screwed.

I'm gonna go watch some matches now and see how the pro's handle it. Thanks :)

Probably my first post in this forum and I'm very much intermediate, so bear with me.

What do I need to focus on when comboing 6C into 236D on a wall bounce?

I've been playing Lambda for a while and properly comboing this is pretty much the only thing that still seems very random to me. I'm not certain whether I need to let the enemy fall a bit further, delay the Sickle Storm, delay the 6C or what. Specifically, I'm re-attempting Combo Challenge 13 at the moment and it seems to happen whenever it feels like it. I'm not quite at the level where I'd attempt this combo in a match, but I'm close, so I'd like to get it down more thoroughly.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Lambda Forums, new comer! :D

I haven't played EX in quite a while (Well, aside from fooling around in Training Mode, that is), but I should be able to help with your problem a bit.

So, you're wondering how to do 6C into 236D? In my experience, it's not how high the opponent is (Considering that if you're in the corner, and using one of Lambda's more basic combos, the opponent shouldn't be too high in the air to begin with) it's where in the combo you use 6C and Sickle Storm.

I would give an example, but sadly, I can't remember any combos at the moment. However, the way I learned this was by practicing on Tager and Ragna. I would really just use basic corner combos and see how many of them could also go into 6C>Sickle Storm, and of course, I watched combo videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AbmoQuY6pHk Here's a combo video I found with a few combos that have 6C>Sickle Storm in it. Good luck!

Easy question that I struggle to answer...

So, I'll say what I picture in all of my matches.

5C (7/8) > 3C or 2B. That's a high low mixup if you have proper spacing, but what can you do after the 3C or 2B if they actually blocked it. I'm extremely unsafe it seems, but one thread told me that after 3C I can 214B. That gets baited. Should I just avoid using 5C in a blockstring? 236C is unsafe against characters like Ragna with a DP, so I'm still screwed.

I'm gonna go watch some matches now and see how the pro's handle it. Thanks :)

Guessing you mean 5C > 3C/4B. After 3C, you can only really nothing, 236B, 214A (against certain characters) or RC. Not sure why you would be doing 214B or how it gets baited. Likewise, you shouldn't use 236C outside of combos so it doesn't really matter if the opponent is using Ragna or not. Do you mean the opponent does DP between your 3C and 236B?

Probably my first post in this forum and I'm very much intermediate, so bear with me.

What do I need to focus on when comboing 6C into 236D on a wall bounce?

I've been playing Lambda for a while and properly comboing this is pretty much the only thing that still seems very random to me. I'm not certain whether I need to let the enemy fall a bit further, delay the Sickle Storm, delay the 6C or what. Specifically, I'm re-attempting Combo Challenge 13 at the moment and it seems to happen whenever it feels like it. I'm not quite at the level where I'd attempt this combo in a match, but I'm close, so I'd like to get it down more thoroughly.

Thanks!

It is kind of hard to describe the timing for it. It is height based, so what you need to delay is typically based on the opponent's height. After 236B, try delaying the 5C slightly so the opponent gets closer to the ground and that should help you get the rest of the timing correct.

Try using 5C(1) instead of mass 5Cs before the sickle. Too many 5Cs can also lower proration to a point where it just won't combo. (example: 3C>236B>RC>4~B(2)>2DD>2147D>*5C*x2>6C>236D>214D~C>236C>Ect)

That combo works with 2 to 4 5Cs but after 5 it just won't work (Opponent techs before sickle or after just 1 hit of it)

Welcome to the Lambda Forums, new comer! :D

Thanks for the friendly post and video. I'll take a look at it after I'm finished replying. =)

It is kind of hard to describe the timing for it. It is height based, so what you need to delay is typically based on the opponent's height. After 236B, try delaying the 5C slightly so the opponent gets closer to the ground and that should help you get the rest of the timing correct.

I definitely noticed/tried that, but it wasn't affecting my success at this point. Actually, after practicing it more, I think I wasn't throwing out 236D fast enough after the 6C. The dummy was hitting the ground and teching out, and since I've focused on that it's become much more reliable. So... sorry for asking a question and immediately figuring it out. <_<

Try using 5C(1) instead of mass 5Cs before the sickle. Too many 5Cs can also lower proration to a point where it just won't combo. (example: 3C>236B>RC>4~B(2)>2DD>2147D>*5C*x2>6C>236D>214D~C>236C>Ect)

That combo works with 2 to 4 5Cs but after 5 it just won't work (Opponent techs before sickle or after just 1 hit of it)

That's interesting; it's definitely not my problem with this specific combo, but I'll keep it in mind when I'm working on more complex stuff later.

---

Actually, now that I'm here, I have another question, though it's a bit vague. When an opponent is very close to me and I'm starting the combo finisher with DD > 2DD, I feel really awkward about going to that jD, since 2D pushes enemies closer to the deadzone, and especially when it's late in a combo and they're getting close to teching.

When I'm in that situation, I instinctively try to high-jump to land the 2D. Does that help at all? How often do Lambda's combos require high jumping?

Actually, now that I'm here, I have another question, though it's a bit vague. When an opponent is very close to me and I'm starting the combo finisher with DD > 2DD, I feel really awkward about going to that jD, since 2D pushes enemies closer to the deadzone, and especially when it's late in a combo and they're getting close to teching.

When I'm in that situation, I instinctively try to high-jump to land the 2D. Does that help at all? How often do Lambda's combos require high jumping?

To my knowledge, Lambda's combos very rarely (If ever) require you to high jump. Even if the opponent is very high in the air and you hit them with 2DD, J-DD will usually catch him/her with just a regular jump. :toot:

You're not the only one who tends to have this problem, but just remember that if you feel that you can't finish a combo correctly, or that the opponent will tech before you can finish said combo, there's nothing wrong with ending a combo early if it means that you'll still be in a good position afterwards. :cool:

Guessing you mean 5C > 3C/4B. After 3C, you can only really nothing, 236B, 214A (against certain characters) or RC. Not sure why you would be doing 214B or how it gets baited. Likewise, you shouldn't use 236C outside of combos so it doesn't really matter if the opponent is using Ragna or not. Do you mean the opponent does DP between your 3C and 236B?

1st: Yes I mean 4B, sorry.

2nd: I meant 3C > 236A or 5C > 236A when I go in for a throw. So there's really nothing I can do?

236A is pretty unsafe normally so you probably shouldn't use it that much.

Assuming your opponent can punish 4B, you have no options except to RC it since it doesn't cancel into anything.

With 3C, you have more "safer" choices like 236B, 214A, doing nothing or RC. 3C > 214A has no gap except on IB so if you are in range and have the gauge full, it is a good option (but it can be punished on IB by characters with 5 frames move). 3C > 236B has a gap so people with a reversal can hit you out of 236B (as well as 236A and 236C). Doing nothing after 3C can be used if the opponent expects you to do a follow-up and can give you a chance to escape. However some characters reversals can punish 3C on normal block (like Ragna's 623C and Hazama's 236236B) so you can still be screwed.

Thanks a lot. In that one post, I kind of found out a bunch of things that I didn't know about.

"236A is pretty unsafe normally so you probably shouldn't use it that much."

I've been using it a LOT, nobody has actually punished it yet. I either throw them, or bait the throw reject miss, or even backdash and evade them trying to reject your throw at all. Does that make sense?

I guess I'll try out those stuff you told me about.

Thanks a lot. In that one post, I kind of found out a bunch of things that I didn't know about.

"236A is pretty unsafe normally so you probably shouldn't use it that much."

I've been using it a LOT, nobody has actually punished it yet. I either throw them, or bait the throw reject miss, or even backdash and evade them trying to reject your throw at all. Does that make sense?

I guess I'll try out those stuff you told me about.

236A is quite unsafe if used in the wrong situation (I found that out the hard and painful way.), however, let me give you some advice and give you a few examples of places where it would be useful to use 236A:

Bare in mind that these are somewhat gimmicky and used to confuse, annoy, and/or troll the opponent.

First a quick overview of the move:

236A/Act Parser Zwei could be considered an auto-forward dash or teleport. Strangely enough, it has absolutely no invincibility (Sadly), and is quite punishable due to several factors. However, phases pass the opponent if you're right next to them and it can be used off of just about any attack that connects (Exceptions are Distortion Drives, the other Act Parsers, Spike Chaser, and Sickle Storm.). It's meant/usually used on rare occasions to escape the corner, confuse the opponent, and even to get a surprise attack on said opponent.

Now, here are a few attacks that (IMO) utilizes this move to its fullest:

3C: This would be the first one and most basic Normal that most people use it off. ONLY use 236A after this move if you've gotten the opponent in a BlockString, and you want to either want to gain some distance from the opponent without using a Jump-Cancelable move, or if you want to bait a mash, or DP and follow up with 5D or 6D.

5C: This would be (IMO) one of the best Normals to use with 236A. "Why?" you ask? Because, since it hits up to 8 times, and has quite a few Gatlings, the opponent WOULD NEVER see this coming, and it can be used to bait quite a few attacks (Note that you have to be right next to the opponent for this to work).

2B: This would usually be used with 236A in a similar fashion to 3C, you can bait DPs or mashing with it.

5D: It's because of 236A that I find 5D actually useful, it's best to use it after the first hit, since the opponent would likely expect the second hit over 236A.

6D: If you catch the opponent in the air and you want to surprise said opponent, use 236A and attempt to grab him/her.

Again, I must explain that these are gimmicks and are to only be used when the opponent wouldn't normally see them coming.

Also, bare in mind that these are just what I like to do; I encourage you to try and experiment with what situations would be best to use 236A. Good luck! :)

236A is quite unsafe if used in the wrong situation (I found that out the hard and painful way.), however, let me give you some advice and give you a few examples of places where it would be useful to use 236A:

Bare in mind that these are somewhat gimmicky and used to confuse, annoy, and/or troll the opponent.

First a quick overview of the move:

236A/Act Parser Zwei could be considered an auto-forward dash or teleport. Strangely enough, it has absolutely no invincibility (Sadly), and is quite punishable due to several factors. However, phases pass the opponent if you're right next to them and it can be used off of just about any attack that connects (Exceptions are Distortion Drives, the other Act Parsers, Spike Chaser, and Sickle Storm.). It's meant/usually used on rare occasions to escape the corner, confuse the opponent, and even to get a surprise attack on said opponent.

Now, here are a few attacks that (IMO) utilizes this move to its fullest:

3C: This would be the first one and most basic Normal that most people use it off. ONLY use 236A after this move if you've gotten the opponent in a BlockString, and you want to either want to gain some distance from the opponent without using a Jump-Cancelable move, or if you want to bait a mash, or DP and follow up with 5D or 6D.

5C: This would be (IMO) one of the best Normals to use with 236A. "Why?" you ask? Because, since it hits up to 8 times, and has quite a few Gatlings, the opponent WOULD NEVER see this coming, and it can be used to bait quite a few attacks (Note that you have to be right next to the opponent for this to work).

2B: This would usually be used with 236A in a similar fashion to 3C, you can bait DPs or mashing with it.

5D: It's because of 236A that I find 5D actually useful, it's best to use it after the first hit, since the opponent would likely expect the second hit over 236A.

6D: If you catch the opponent in the air and you want to surprise said opponent, use 236A and attempt to grab him/her.

Again, I must explain that these are gimmicks and are to only be used when the opponent wouldn't normally see them coming.

Also, bare in mind that these are just what I like to do; I encourage you to try and experiment with what situations would be best to use 236A. Good luck! :)

If only I could do more than say 'Thank you.' This was really helpful, it actually made me realise that there are things I can't learn just by watching pro Lambda players (Yoshiki :yaaay:) and looking at the combo thread. Really, thanks a lot.

So I want to try and learn Lambda/Nu because I've been doing fairly well some long ranged fighters from other games.

I've managed to get down most of the simpler BnB's in training mode, and I can pull them off in a match, but I'm absolutely baffled on what to do in neutral.

What are some general strategies to use in neutral in terms of zoning other then staying out of the foe's reach? Like, when's the best time to use Spike Chaser? When is it best to pressure with Sword Summoner? Or can Sickle Storm be used for anything else other then Oki and Combos?

So I want to try and learn Lambda/Nu because I've been doing fairly well some long ranged fighters from other games.

I've managed to get down most of the simpler BnB's in training mode, and I can pull them off in a match, but I'm absolutely baffled on what to do in neutral.

What are some general strategies to use in neutral in terms of zoning other then staying out of the foe's reach? Like, when's the best time to use Spike Chaser? When is it best to pressure with Sword Summoner? Or can Sickle Storm be used for anything else other then Oki and Combos?

Can't say I'm a pro-Lambda player but...

I think one of the main things to learn about Lambda is how to play aggressively defensive and that probably doesn't make much sense. It's one thing to stay out of the foe's range, but it's another thing to stay calm and make the right moves under pressure. 6A vs 2C vs 2D vs 4B 6D. Burning meter for a Counter Assault, Calamity Sword or use a burst. Personally, learning her defense options are just as important as her zoning skills because once the opponent is in, those zoning skills aren't really going to be hitting anything.

If "Sword Summoner" means her general D-swords, then that would be your main zoning tool and depending on the opponent, that can be easy (Tager)or a complete guessing game (Hazama, Tao, Valk) or completely asinine (Lambda). As for her specials, using them are dependent on how much meter your opponent has (Jin, Ragna, HAZAMA). Other than that, check the match-up section, most of them have great insight as to when to use what (or if at all).

so 4B>6321476D (TK Distortion)>632146D totally works.

You mean people AREN'T doing this in their combos?! 4B into everything is so good, tho!

I need some help to figure out how to do blockstrings, everytime an opponent blocks my moves i just freeze up and back away since i dont know what to do, and that usually leads to my opponents gaining the advantage and destroying me, so some tips on applying pressure would be great

thanks

Try ending blockstrings in 2B or 2C

2B is neutral on normal block which means you can usually reset pressure easily.

2C is jump cancellable and you can do IAD things, crossovers, j.2DD>Crescent Cancel>Falling j.C, ect

man I should follow my own advice. I always go the unsafe path of 3C(block)>Sickle.

Yes and yes.

Be mindful though that Lambda's normals aren't particularly fast. You aren't at advantage after 2B, it is just back to neutral. You are relying on the fact that the opponent will respect your gatlings and won't press a button while you reset your pressure. If you constantly try to start a new string after 2B, they will probably be able to mash you out of it.