Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda Simple Questions And Answers Thread

Could someone give me a relatively optimised combo of a raw legacy edge? Mid screen and corner variant would great, thanks in advance

Sorry, I don't know how I didn't see this earlier.

(midscreen) 236236D > 236D~C > 214D > 236C > 5C[8] > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > air ender

You may have to adjust your positioning a little depending on the character. You can also run or airdash before doing 236D or 236D~C for greater corner carry.

Unless it's a midscreen to corner combo, there's not much you can get off of something like Legacy Edge unless you increase the difficulty by a very high amount.

(midscreen to corner) 236236D > Dashing 236C > Dashing 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 5C > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

5C in this combo is pretty much optional.

(corner) 236236D > 214D~C > 214D > Dashing 5C > 214A > 236C > Dashing 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 5C > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

Try to get as few hits of 5C as possible. You can probably omit the first and last 5C if you try it out a little bit. The 2DD > TK > 6DD can just be replaced with 2DD > air ender if you're not comfortable with that link at that proration.

If you'd like more difficult combo's, then let me know.

Hey, um... I know this is the CP General Discussion thread, but I'm in desperate need of help!

You see I have absolutely no idea what Lambda's corner combo options are. The only one that I can ever manage to pull of is something like...

3C>Gravity Seed>6A>Crescent Saber>6A>6C>236C, followed by Sickle Storm Oki.

So, my question is WHAT other combo's are there? And are there other ways of starting a corner combo besides 3C>Gravity Seed Etc etc etc?

Also, I'm not completely sure what TK [Tiger Knee?] means in terms of using Crescent Saber, so, could someone please explain it to me?

Oh, and I know one other combo where after using Crescent Saber you pick the opponent up with 6D followed by the standard air sword combo , but I have trouble doing so because the opponent usually techs before 6D will hit. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance. :D

You see I have absolutely no idea what Lambda's corner combo options are. The only one that I can ever manage to pull of is something like...

3C>Gravity Seed>6A>Crescent Saber>6A>6C>236C, followed by Sickle Storm Oki.

So, my question is WHAT other combo's are there? And are there other ways of starting a corner combo besides 3C>Gravity Seed Etc etc etc?

Also, I'm not completely sure what TK [Tiger Knee?] means in terms of using Crescent Saber, so, could someone please explain it to me?

Oh, and I know one other combo where after using Crescent Saber you pick the opponent up with 6D followed by the standard air sword combo , but I have trouble doing so because the opponent usually techs before 6D will hit. What am I doing wrong?

Corner combo's from 3C.

3C > 236B > Dashing 5A > 6A > TK > 6A > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C > 6C > 236C > Dashing 3C.

3C > 214A > 6A > TK > 6A > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C > 6C > 236C > Dashing 3C

- this is the combo you listed with a simple extension, but it gets more damage and Heat without much more difficulty.

3C > 214A > 236C > Dashing 5C[2] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

- this is pretty much the best combo route. I don't recommend focusing on this right now, but it is another route.

Ending in X > 236C > Dashing 3C allows you to try a mix-up on your opponent's wake-up, or catch a roll with 2B > 2C > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C.

To answer your question, a TK for Lambda/Nu is a low height Crescent Saber, usually done by inputting 2147D. There are other ways to do a TK, but focus on 2147D for now.

Check the Extend combo thread for more corner combo ideas.

(corner) X > TK > 6DD not connecting usually means that the opponent wasn't high enough for the 6DD follow-up, the TK was too high (and you therefore landed later), or you did the 6D too late.

I'm new with Lambda and pretty interested in learning her with no knowledge of her CS2 past.

I was just now trying out some of the combos that were posted on the first page but I couldn't stop dropping them to save my life. Idk if this is a good spot to ask, but could I get some tips on landing the -j.214 D~C > falling j.2C-

The full combo is... Anti-air 6A>2C>jDD>jc>j2DD>j214D~C>falling j2C>2DD>jDD>j2DD>jc>jDD>j2DD>j214D maybe the combo is dated or my timing is just bad but any tips would be appreciated.

Sorry to derail the thread but is learning Lambda's combos and trying to incorporate them in my game a good way to go about learning a character?

Moved your question to this thread since it seems a bit more appropriate.

Anyway, to do that combo you'll want to do a couple of things. First, make sure you hit the 6A with your opponent as low to the ground as possible; the lower your opponent, the easier it'll be to get the j.2C part down. Second, make sure you're doing j.2C as soon as you can after the Cresent Saber cancel. Since that's where you said your problem is, could you elaborate a little on what goes wrong when you attempt that part so we can give you more specific help on that? Also, you might want to practice on a larger hitbox like Tager's since it's a lot easier to do that combo on him.

I don't recommend that combo. It's fine if you can practice it and do it consistently, but considering the spacing, I don't think that it's worth the effort. There are a lot of other combo's that would be more effective to learn, IMO.

At an intermediate level, I think learning Lambda's combo's are a great way to learn how to play her better.

yeah at first i tried it on Jin which didn't go too well. after posting i tried it on tager and still couldn't land it but i didn't know it was height specific

anyways the trouble was my falling j2C was always whiffing probably cuz i'm doing the hammer cancel too slow

but if that 6A starting combo isn't worth it is there a better one i should learn?

P.S. thanks for the move + feedback didn't mean to cause a problem :P

It's not really better, but (for now, at least) I think you should just stick with the normal 6A > j.DD > j.2DD > (j.214D~C > j.DD > j.2DD) > dj.DD > dj.2DD > dj.214D. The feint is optional, of course.

The air Drives seen in most of Lambda's combo's are what most refer to as her air ender. So you could shorten the notation by writing 6A > air ender, for example.

I think it's better to focus on other combo's right now (corner combo's or midscreen combo's, from practical starters). Try to find more rewarding (in terms of difficulty, damage, and Heat Gain) combo routes that you can do. You could look through the combo thread, ask for a decent combo from a starter, or watch some CS2 or CSE Lambda CV's for ideas.

You're very welcome. This wasn't a problem at all.

The way i've been trying to learn lambda was from the v2 combo thread thats up. I just noted down the combos that have practical starters eg: AA 6A or other starters that i feel would be useful in a real match that also have high damage and heat gain which i presume are the hard combos at least.

I'll have to wait till i'm out of school to get more time to mess around with Lambda's combos. When i'm comfortable with her combos i guess it'd be smart to work on her set ups and resets and such huh?

Thanks for the new 6A combo even if its easier its better than a dropped combo lol

out of one hole and into another. i dont get how to use 214A in combos eg: after a 3C or 4B[2]>2DD>214A.

tager always seems to tech before i can get the next move out either 236C or j.214D any tips?

out of one hole and into another. i dont get how to use 214A in combos eg: after a 3C or 4B[2]>2DD>214A.

tager always seems to tech before i can get the next move out either 236C or j.214D any tips?

I'm assuming you you want to do "Gravity stuff>j.214D>5DD>236C>ect..."? I noticed the timing for it is pretty weird. I remember Ached telling me you need to delay 5DD to get the link. If it's litterally 214A>236C, then yeah, either you need to be in the corner or get a fatal off of 214A.

For 4B[2]>2DD>214A, I don't know what to tell you, I think I do the TK around the time 214A lands. I have to admit I have trouble with this combo myself at times, mainly getting the dashing 6A snd getting the 6C>236C. Just keep practicing.

If I'm wrong about something, let me know, I'm not a good Lambda player myself just yet. Any critique is welcome.

Gravity combos aren't that difficult to time. From 4B > 2DD > 214A, you have a long amount of time to actually judge when you should be doing the 214A. Typically, you will need to look at the frame of the opponent and as they're near Lambda's head, do 214A. After 214A is successful, the typical route is 2147D > 6A > 6C > 236C. If you're having difficulty timing the 6C > 236C, try doing 6C with as few hits as possible, and eventually you'll be able to judge when 236C will land.

For the 2147D to hit after the gravity, input it as Lambda finishes her gravity seed animation.

Gravity combos can be used in any combo if you want more damage. Throw > dashing 2DD > gravity. Remember that 4B can hit if they're crouching, so something like 2B > 4B > 2DD gravity can work midscreen as well, if its a crouching confirm.

For 3C > 214A > 236C to work midscreen it is difficult to time properly and I'm not even sure it can be used in a practical sense, unless you can guess the 1-3 frame window where it will connect.

Not really sure how to help you there. Just keep on trying. Are you inputting it during 214A?

For X > 214A > 236C, that's best done in the corner.

Yes, the midscreen version is somewhat impossible. I wouldn't even recommend it. Though it does a do some soviet damage if you actually manage to perform it correctly.

I'm assuming you you want to do "Gravity stuff>j.214D>5DD>236C>ect..."? I noticed the timing for it is pretty weird. I remember Ached telling me you need to delay 5DD to get the link. If it's litterally 214A>236C, then yeah, either you need to be in the corner or get a fatal off of 214A.

For 4B[2]>2DD>214A, I don't know what to tell you, I think I do the TK around the time 214A lands. I have to admit I have trouble with this combo myself at times, mainly getting the dashing 6A snd getting the 6C>236C. Just keep practicing.

If I'm wrong about something, let me know, I'm not a good Lambda player myself just yet. Any critique is welcome.

The delay is weird for that combo. Sometimes it can be a height problem as well so it can be one of the more difficult ones to do. A more reasonable route could be something like 2B > 3C > gravity > 5C > 6C > 236C, fairly easy to do. If you're intimidated by TK crescent, 5C > 6C > 236C can be a safer option in a gravity based combo.

Jeez thats some tough stuff... so just to recap the X>3C>gravity chain is pretty much impossible midscreen

as for other gravity combos like... say in the corner combos you were talking about are you supposed to hit the opponent with the gravity animation? or just whiff and cancel into the 236C or whatever thats the part i'm most confused about.

Is there any video tutorial that goes over how these should work?

Jeez thats some tough stuff... so just to recap the X>3C>gravity chain is pretty much impossible midscreen

as for other gravity combos like... say in the corner combos you were talking about are you supposed to hit the opponent with the gravity animation? or just whiff and cancel into the 236C or whatever thats the part i'm most confused about.

It works, you just can't do 236C directly afterwards.

For corner combos it works like X > 3C > gravity > 236C, that's the optimal route. The gravity > 236C can be tricky to time because gravity doesn't cancel into 236C so mashing out 236C often times doesn't work. You'll have to feel the timing. Just watch Lambda's recovery animation for gravity seed. Once it's over input 236C. It's one of those practice until it works kind of things. A safer route can be something like X > 3C > gravity > 5C > 6C > 236C. Does less damage but you will get your combo to land.

I don't think there are tutorial videos detailing the timings for combos. I could be wrong though.

You are supposed to hit the opponent with gravity well.

X > 3C > gravity works midscreen but you need to be close to your opponent for it to work. It won't work if you try to do it from a max range 3C.

As for the issue with people teching out of 214A before you can do j.214D, you can pretty much always replace put 2DD before j.214D to make it easier. So for example, instead of doing 2B > 3C > 214A > j.214D > dash 6A > stuff, you would do 2B > 3C > 214A > 2DD > j.214D > dash 6A > stuff (remember to be close enough where 214A's animation hits them). This is typically easier.

Also make sure you are TK'ing j.214D and not trying to jump and then do it.

Alright thanks for the tips guys. i've gotten used to pulling off j.214D~C so all thats left is getting used to gravity stuff and the 4B[2] distance correct? or am i missing another quirk with Lambda?

I wouldn't worry about 4B[#2 only] distance too much right now. If anything, just get used to doing Dashing 4B[#2 only]. For example, you're at fullscreen, or 3/4 of a screen away from the opponent, and do a Dashing 4B.

If by Gravity stuff, you mean something like (midscreen) X > 214A > 2DD > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C, then yes. That's something you should get used to doing. It's still somewhat relevant in the next game.

That should be good enough for now, IMO. Just focus on basic combo's (BnB's), and maybe a few more intermediate combo's, and get the feel of her moves and spacing.

I recommend going online to play some matches, or you could go to an offline meet-up if there's one nearby where you live. It's hard to learn everything at once, so just give it some time.

It's hard to just give a number for how much BnB's she has, since she could have many or a few, depending on how you count.

Pretty much all of Lambda's combo's end in her air ender, I'm sure you know. You have to be able to do that. You can replace the last move, dj.214D, with dj.632146D for an extra 1040 guaranteed minimum damage at the cost of 50 Heat.

Here's a good example of a BnB:

(midscreen) X > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 2C > air ender

(corner) X > 236B > RC > 5C[8] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 6C > 236C > Dashing 3C

X could be 5DD, or 2B > 6B > 5C > 3C, or many other things.

Learn combo's that you are comfortable with from common starters (Throw, Air Throw > RC, X > 236B, 3C > 214A, anti-air CH 6A, to name a few more common ones) with midscreen and corner variations (and midscreen to corner if you can). I can list some for you to practice if you're really lost, but I think you should be able to pick out a few from the combo thread that you like.

What do you play on? What type of controller do you use? Who can you play or practice against?

(My bad, I'll just assume you play on a PS3, can play online, and use the PS3 pad.)

oh yeah i knew the question of what i play on would come up. i play on ps3 with a pad. i have 2 other local friends i play with who aren't any better than me (its a learning process for all 3 of us) and i do have access to online but im honestly scared to play online with my minimal character knowledge :P

Playing more and playing online against other players will accelerate your learning.

Going to an offline meet-up would be even better. But I suggest you stick to online for a little bit. Online can be quite fun.