Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda Simple Questions And Answers Thread

okay thanks for the advise, another question. Is it possible to combo off a 234B without rapid cancelling?

I assume you mean 236B and yes it's possible with a counter. It is also possible in the corner if you're close enough on some characters. It's also possible with a micro dash 5B. The basic combo would be 236B > dash 5B > 6A > 2147D > 6A > 6C > 236C > stuff.

Off a counter the combo route would be 236B > 5C > 6C > 236C > stuff. In the corner of course.

Midscreen I believe you can hit certain characters after counter hit 236B with 6D. Don't quote me on it.

TK Cresent Saber. It's a shortcut to do a Cresent Saber off the lowest possible point off the ground.

Midscreen I believe you can hit certain characters after counter hit 236B with 6D. Don't quote me on it.

Tager is the only character that works with.

If you land CH 236B close to the corner but are too far away for a 5C follow-up, you can follow-up with 5D instead.

can't you also link legacy edge off of 236B CH midscreen?

I've stopped combo experiments with lambda but I seem to remember doing stuff like that.

can't you also link legacy edge off of 236B CH midscreen?

If I remember correctly, yes. And it leads into some pretty good damage if you happen upon the corner during the Combo (Which 9/10 times, you will. XD)

I've stopped combo experiments with lambda but I seem to remember doing stuff like that.

Aw! So, I'll be waiting until CP to see more of your awesome combo exploits? :(

That is missing the point. If you have 50 meter, you can just RC 236B to combo after it. We were talking about continuing meterlessly off of 236B.

Ah, my mistake.

Well, I don't believe that anyone has mentioned it yet, but 236B>RC>236C can lead into quite a few VERY damaging combos with quite a bit of corner carry as well. And if memory serves, (With and without a Counter Hit) 236B>RC>5C>(Whatever you want to add) is also a strong (Abet flashy and not-so-viable) combo option.

Ah, my mistake.

Well, I don't believe that anyone has mentioned it yet, but 236B>RC>236C can lead into quite a few VERY damaging combos with quite a bit of corner carry as well. And if memory serves, (With and without a Counter Hit) 236B>RC>5C>(Whatever you want to add) is also a strong (Abet flashy and not-so-viable) combo option.

I was actually aiming that at SWD, not you...

I was actually aiming that at SWD, not you...

Oh, I thought that since it was right below my Post... and there wasn't a Quote specifying who it was directed at... I think it easier to just say "My mistake" again. XD

236B>Anything gives you huge damage =|

True... Though, it defiently one of the better combos off of a Counter hit 236B (At least, in my opinion.)

but if we are talking corner meterless combos,

236B>662B>214A>236C>445C x1>6C>236D>66214D~C>214D>6A>TK Crescent>6A>2C>Air Ender

I had no idea that 236B could link into 2B. You wouldn't happen to have (Or know of) a video demonstrating this, would you?

(Luna) 5DD > 236B > 22A > 5DD > 4DD > 4B > 2DD > air ender

Does this one works on all characters?

Because i really can't get 4b to connect on platinum and noel (too far) while it was ok with some others i tried.

Oups, wrong topic.

Sorry plz delete

So how useful is 236A? I know it's good for scooting past SLEDGE! HAMMER! but I don't really know when else to use it, which is a shame since it's a great way to get around problems. I guess I just need to learn how to time it.

You can use it in midscreen combos after 6C to track the opponent so you can drop 236D, basically this just gives a lot of corner carry plus some oki. You can use it after 3C to cross through, dash up and do 4B for a crazy cross up overhead. You can use it after drives to pressure with her quick normals or do a throw. It's also one of the few ways Nu can actually get her astral to work. You can use it after 3C in the corner, cross through, and astral.

I usually drop 236DC(the one that comes from the far side of the screen, not sure what to call it) or 246DC after 6C. It's pretty rare to actually get somebody with them, but it keeps them mindful of the ground and usually forces them to come toward me via airdashing. And hey, if it does hit, I'm not complaining. So 236A is a super-dash in essence? Good to know.

EDIT: Alright, didn't want to double post and I have a question that would suit the matchup thread better, but it's been archived. When fighting against Hazama, what do you do once he gets in? In my experience, once a Hazama gets past my zoning, it's over. How do I make it not over and fight back? I can't seem to punish anything when blocking.