Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda Simple Questions And Answers Thread

236A is good but I'm not sure. I'm not entirely sure of it's start-up but frame data says it passes through the opponent 8f-13f, whereas the start-up for a jump is 4f. But you don't want to toss those jumps out all willy-nilly same with 236A. Paying attention to openings is key though. You can also use barrier to push the opponent back to create space so you can jump or 236A or what have you. And if you instant-block you can usually poke out by some means. There are a lot of things you can do, but guessing the correct one can be a difficult one.

Lately, I've been having some success with 4B, I've been using it for fun, not sure how it fares in a practical sense.

236A is good but I'm not sure. I'm not entirely sure of it's start-up but frame data says it passes through the opponent 8f-13f, whereas the start-up for a jump is 4f. But you don't want to toss those jumps out all willy-nilly same with 236A. Paying attention to openings is key though. You can also use barrier to push the opponent back to create space so you can jump or 236A or what have you. And if you instant-block you can usually poke out by some means. There are a lot of things you can do, but guessing the correct one can be a difficult one.

Lately, I've been having some success with 4B, I've been using it for fun, not sure how it fares in a practical sense.

Yes, looking for openings is critical. My biggest issue has always been the damn corner. Having Ragna, Jin, Bang or anyone else near me is like having a murderous boyfriend on top of you. x__x

I have much to work on.

when in doubt goldburst

especially Bang's D Nails its pretty easy to goldburst after block if he decide to mix you up

work well for me............... until I dropped the combo lol

Yes, looking for openings is critical. My biggest issue has always been the damn corner. Having Ragna, Jin, Bang or anyone else near me is like having a murderous boyfriend on top of you. x__x

I have much to work on.

Your comparison sounds so ironic because it's so how Lambda/Nu is :D

But I'm not going to sugarcoat it, being in the corner, even with those things I said, can be tough. Overall, I think it boils down to getting an adequate amount of experience and playing good players. I still have problems myself, but when I manage to escape its wonderful.

Your comparison sounds so ironic because it's so how Lambda/Nu is :D

But I'm not going to sugarcoat it, being in the corner, even with those things I said, can be tough. Overall, I think it boils down to getting an adequate amount of experience and playing good players. I still have problems myself, but when I manage to escape its wonderful.

Lolz, because Lambda/Nu is a murderous character. :3

Yeah, I need to stop being a chicken and fight good players. I get intimidated at times when I get outplayed. ._.

when in doubt goldburst

You sound exactly like my Mu friend XD

As for 236A, I've seen it pass through guys when Lambda is about 1-2 character spaces away. Which is why I made the suggestion. If I knew the frae data (or where to find it) I'd be like, "OMG!! I'ts SOOOOOO good!" or "Oh shit! Don't listen to me, it's suicide!"

You sound exactly like my Mu friend XD

As for 236A, I've seen it pass through guys when Lambda is about 1-2 character spaces away. Which is why I made the suggestion. If I knew the frae data (or where to find it) I'd be like, "OMG!! I'ts SOOOOOO good!" or "Oh shit! Don't listen to me, it's suicide!"

...Near the top of the page, there is something that says 'Frame Data'. How could you miss it?

Here is a link in case you still can't see it: http://www.dustloop.com/guides

Hey, finally playing BB and giving a damn.

Playing L11, she's fun, yada yada.

I lack extend atm, so these are cs2 questions. Everything cs2 was archived, so didn't know if I should just ask here.... or whats up. If these definately do not work in extend, please make a note! I dont care if they are the most optimal, but if they dont work at all, i want to get them out of my gameplay now.

1: in corner... 2c - tk saber - rc - delayed 5c x8 - 6c (all hits if possible) - 236d - 214d charged - 214d - 5c x8 - 6c - c pulsar - ???? (whats a good end for this.... i usually just 5c, 6c , pulsar and throw a blade for oki.... curious for more options)

2: midscreen, not close enough to corner for a 2nd c pulsar to hit... whatever - b pulsar - rc - 5dd - c pulsar - (At this point... if i cant land a 2nd c pulsar.... dash up grav well? is the damage worth the resource? should i just basic drive chain?)

3: i play lambda a little more in your face than some, opting for blades and c normals (long range 3c, j2c jump ins, 2c into mixup, staggered 5c in blockstrings) rather than long range drive zoning. not that I dont get the concept, i just dont like using that playstyle all that much? does that shit fly in extend? 2c got buffed as a AA, and im super excited, but is my model of play in general worse in extend for some reason. damage isnt the concern if its only a minor difference.

sorry if these questions seem dumb, been just learning by playing and by watching 1 combo vid to get ideas. im playing her like i play robo-ky, hence the going in with her normals, and enjoying it. just wanna up my game so im not super fucking free.

(also, hello lambda boards)

thanks in advance.

1: in corner... 2c - tk saber - rc - delayed 5c x8 - 6c (all hits if possible) - 236d - 214d charged - 214d - 5c x8 - 6c - c pulsar - ???? (whats a good end for this.... i usually just 5c, 6c , pulsar and throw a blade for oki.... curious for more options)

For an ender you can use 236C > 44B > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > jc > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D OR 236C > 446A > j.DD > j.2DD > jc > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D.

You can swap out the j.214D with j.632146D if you have the meter for more damage.

2: midscreen, not close enough to corner for a 2nd c pulsar to hit... whatever - b pulsar - rc - 5dd - c pulsar - (At this point... if i cant land a 2nd c pulsar.... dash up grav well? is the damage worth the resource? should i just basic drive chain?)

If you haven't prorated the combo too badly with your earlier hits, then dash-up 5C > Gravity combo works. You get about 800 damage more than doing this as opposed to ending it early with a drive ender, but it's up to you whether you use it or not. An alternative is to just do run up 5C > 2C > Aerial D ender instead for slightly more damage if you don't have any gravity meter.

3: i play lambda a little more in your face than some, opting for blades and c normals (long range 3c, j2c jump ins, 2c into mixup, staggered 5c in blockstrings) rather than long range drive zoning. not that I dont get the concept, i just dont like using that playstyle all that much? does that shit fly in extend? 2c got buffed as a AA, and im super excited, but is my model of play in general worse in extend for some reason.

Your play-style will probably work about as well as it did in CS2, but just remember that Lambda isn't really suited to that kind of play. If what you're doing works then go for it, but I would recommend trying to mix in at least a bit of zoning in your game since Lambda doesn't fair that well at CQC against most of the cast.

Good luck improving your game and welcome to the boards.

Yea I zone when appropriate, I would just rather keep pressure up than be full screen neutral. L11 has some nice frame traps if you stagger shit, but I do get your point. Main reason I use the c normals, the range on them helps them work as a mid-close range space control, rather than a mid-long range.

Thanks for the reply though!

In that corner situation, i thought i saw in combo video that you coulda ~~~~ 236c - something - tk saber - 6dd - 2dd - etc.

Does that not work in that particular combo? Or am I mis thinking the combo piece? A lot of L11's shit is very freeform, which is awesome.... but makes things harder to remember exact details on. :(

Thanks for the reply though!

In that corner situation, i thought i saw in combo video that you coulda ~~~~ 236c - something - tk saber - 6dd - 2dd - etc.

Does that not work in that particular combo?

No problem~

236C > 44B > 2DD > TK Saber > 6DD > etc. does work, but I'm not sure if it does or doesn't in that particular combo. To make it work in other combos though, you'll want to make sure you haven't prorated your combo too much (i.e. not used 6C/236C too many times) since the link is fairly tight, TK at the lowest point possible and hit your opponent as high in the air as possible too.

Also, Lambda has quite a few ways she can end her combos, but you can only use certain enders depending on the combo beforehand so you might not have as much freedom as you think. You'll eventually learn when and where you can pull of certain combos with her though, so you shouldn't worry about getting lost halfway in-between one too much.

I'm not really fond of a Lambda that does CQC with C normals. The bad thing about her normals is that most people know when it's the end of a block string, and that you'll end with a variation of 236B or 214D. If you want to get slightly better with Lambda try tossing in some mix-ups into the dish. Run in 4B[2] or dash TK saber, something like that. Also, if you aren't doing it, it's probably best to actually commit to CQC after they're in 236D, it's one of Lambda's best moves.

Preferably, if I'm rushing in, I'll use 2B, a really good normal for spacing, punishing mashes, and bad DP reads. Also, it's really good to use for cross-unders. Anyways, hope my advice helps. Good luck with Lambda :D

Hello again! More questions, and again, feel free to answer and ignore what you choose.

Digging more into the combos, but a concern I have.

What are important combos to learn? Not the exacts, but more of a 'I hit with xxxxx, do i know a combo from it?'

Current list of 'know combos for':

midscreen....

most close range normals

6d (nothing that great)

2d(nothing that great)

4d

5d

5d ch

3c at close range

236236d

4b 2nd hit

grav well a vs grounded opponent

grav well a ch vs grounded opponent

charged spike chaser

sawblade

c pulsar

6c

2c

2c ch

corner....

mostly everything non-ch

tk saber ch

the bulk of it requires a grav well, or 50 meter (or might just be a shitty 'several hits into b pulsar' kinda thing)

any other ideas as far as 'must learns' go? Thanks in advance!

Grab / air throw, TK Saber RC midscreen.

And yes @ lot of gravity well usage for big damage but the combo length lets you recover a lot of it.

Several hits into B pulsar RC is pretty standard, but you can do 1 normal into 3C into gravity I think.

yea i got stuff for tk saber midscreen too :)

sounds like i am in decent shape then.

thanks for the quick reply :D

I'd recommend you also take a look at 2B starters, 6A starters, and how to properly deal damage on crouching hitconfirms. 2B can do some good damage if you have heat, and always leads to a good knockdown and oki if you don't. 6A is a good anti-air to know, and if you manage to get a CH with it, you can go:

6A(CH)->66->3C->214A->2DD->2147D->6A->6C->236C->etc

In regards to crouching confirms, I'd advise you to always watch your opponent when they're being hit to see if they're being hit while crouching. Even if you manage to hit them with a 2B and they're crouching, you can go into 2B->6B->(5C(xN)Optional)->4B->2DD->214A->etc. Just remember that if you get a crouching confirm, always confirm it into 4B somehow if you have a Gravity Seed. It leads to good damage, corner carry and oki and can really help you out in a pinch.

Important combos to learn would be any combo that can get you 4k damage and you can end it with calamity for more damage. Gravity combos are good midscreen, most end up corner carrying and provide some good heat. Here's a few I do every now and again. Grab > 662DD > 214A > 2DD > 2147D > 6A > 6C > 236C > stuff. Another would be 4B[2] > 2DD > 214A > 2147D > 6A > 6C > 236C > stuff. Pretty straight forward. Air grabs are good as well if you have meter and like Beaves said, if you get a crouching hit try to get 4B in somehow.

Other things to remember are counter hit drives. CH 5D > 236C. 4DD > 236C. 6DD > 236C. These will make some beefy combos.

Some other stuff 214D~C > 236C. CH 2C > 214A (in the corner expect 7k at least).

An interesting 2C combo midscreen would be 2C > 214A > 2147D > 6A > 6C > 236C > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 236C > 66A > j.dd > j.2dd > dj > j.dd > j.2dd > calamity sword. Most of that depends on their position in the corner, but it'll get you about 7k-8k if you do it right. Though, since this is the Extend QA, I'm fairly certain it won't work in Extend only CS2 lol.

Abuse grabbing, abuse 236D, abuse overheads. You'll be a happy camper then :D

Okay so I was playing around with this combo and I was curious which variation of the combo would you guys consider as optimal. I have five different versions of it, I'll explain a bit down below. All of these assume the opponent is in the corner.

[CH] 214D~C > 214D > 214A > 236C > dash under > 5CxN > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 236C > 4B[2] > 2DD > j.DD > j2.DD > dj > j.DD > j2.DD > 632146D – 59 Heat, 6860 DMG

[CH] 214D~C > 214D > 214A > 236C > dash under > 5CxN > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 2DD > j.DD > j2.DD > dj > j.DD > j2.DD > 632146D—54 Heat, 6864 DMG

[CH]214D~C > 214D > 214A > 236C > dash under > 5CxN > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 2DD > 2147D > dash > 6A > 6C > 236C > 6A > j.DD > j2.DD > dj > j.DD > j2.DD > 632146D—68 Heat, 6946 DMG

[CH] 214D~C > 214D > 214A > 236C > dash under > 4B[2] > 632146D > 5CxN > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 2DD > j.DD > j2.DD > dj > j.DD > j2.DD > 632146D—50 Heat, 7284 DMG

[CH] 214D~C > 214D > 214A > 236C > dash under > 4B[2] > 632146D > 5CxN > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 236C > dash under > 4B[2] > 2DD > j.DD > j2.DD > dj > j.DD > j2.DD > 632146D—60 Heat, 7518 DMG

All of these combos are situational, maybe practical. Mid-screen you'll probably have to do 2147D > 6A > 6C after the gravity seed. The second and fourth combos should be doable in extend with slightly less damage. But yeah, all of these are the same combo with slight variations after you do 214D~C > 214D > 214A > 236C, however which of these would be considered optimal is my question.

The particulars should be that it pertains to damage output, heat generated, and ease of use (the bottom two are tricky). Also, let's assume Lambda is broad enough that [CH] 214D~C happened frequently and the opponent is usually in the corner. Probably not a "simple" question, but I wanted a better understanding of optimal aside from "does the most damage."

I personally don't find this to be that practical. It's not really anything new, and I think it's actually more practical to get a Guard Crush, and then do a Dashing 214D~C, if you'd like to go that way. This is CS2, as you alluded to, but it's important to point that out once more, just in case. Mid-screen, it's possible. Just very very unpractical, unless in a controlled situation like a GC.

With that out of the way, I feel that it's really important to keep the opponent in the corner. Considering Lambda's corner carry without Gravity is simply average, it's important to sacrifice damage for positioning a lot of the times.

IMO, optimal combo's are a mix between damage and practicality. Grinding combo's helps raise that damage and success rate. Also consider the situation... Can you KO the opponent by switching from an air ender to an air DD ender? How much Heat do you currently have? Where are you on the screen? Is it worth it? You can expand on those questions, but I kept it fairly succinct. I can clarify if need be.

On another note, I personally don't like using her 632146D mid-combo. It doesn't add much more damage than a TK at the end of the combo to justify using it, IMO. If it makes it easier, and it's available, etc. etc., then go for it. I recommend doing the best damaging meterless combo you can do, without sacrificing positioning.

Yeah, I more or less placed those combos up there as some examples I was working on earlier today, and I wasn't sure exactly which one would be the optimal combo if I was in a controlled situation for instance. Though from GC the combos would be impossible because the counter hit is needed.

That aside it was just something I was curious about because people kept telling me my combos weren't optimal so I wanted to understand the particulars of it. Sacrificing damage for positioning seems like an ideal way to think about it.

The CH isn't needed. It just makes it easier. In a controlled situation like a GC, it's entirely possible to do a Dashing 214D~C and follow-up with 214D, mid-screen or corner. Whether or not it's worth the trouble in that case is up for you to decide.

Summarizing my post above, I think you should, when possible, do the best damaging combo you can do, while keeping in mind those other questions and their implications.

First, this is the first time that i post here, but i was reading this subforum the last 2 months to improve my lambda. Guys, your work is really great, in the other characters subforum (like mu) the information isn't enough for me to improve too much my gameplay.

Second: I have problems punishing tager. I am still in cs2, and I know is easy with 5d CH 236C, i need to be as far as possible and DDDDD him. I also know the 236B CH 66D 236C (sounds too risky for me). But the problem is with sledge, i can't punish it with 5D ch. Usually i was using 5D or 6D, tager sledges, and i haven't got enough time to throw 5D CH. Because of this, i am doing far j2D, and if he sledged, delayed j214D, but this is poor reward for a CH (maybe i can do the j2d lower, to RC the j214D... i need to try it)

So guys, can anybody link me a good vid of a good tager getting punished a lot of times? I cant found anything good enough to learn :S the tagers of my friends doesn't play very well this MU, and i usually win, but the sledge annoyes me a lot, cause they will learn in the future...

Thanks in advance, this subforum is really great :)

Second round of this match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3NWm4cpT6I#t=19s

Punishing Tager for sledge isn't particularly that hard. If the Tager is using sledge to go through your drive moves, you can cancel into a special move to punish him for it. Or you may just want to throw less swords on average so when he tries to sledge through them, you are ready with a CH 5D sword.

Thanks, now i know how to punish that. That vid showed me also the calamity (i forget the blockstrings of tager were so bad)

Soon i will upload some videos to ask what things could i improve ^^