Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda Simple Questions And Answers Thread

Thanks, Haki! I really appreciate you taking the time to translate that.

Also, I didn't realize if I just did 2366D that I'd get the sliding version instead, I was doing 66236D to get it out.

I'll be in training mode for a few days before trying to play anyone, I still have get the muscle memory down, then I have to kinda have to think about improvisiation and spacing.

Lambda from CS1 had a lot of issues, to be honest, all her damage came from 236C/corner loops, and her awful spacing required for TK combo's was brutal, I saw top Japanese players whiffing her stuff.

Also, I'm assuming most characters got their damage nerfed significantly?

236DD is actually really easy to do, however, I couldn't land it once in a combo.

I got the 236C>236D somewhat down, the 236C has to be just a tiny bit delayed, and the character has to be hit by Lambda's head or just slightly above it, and 236C has to be entered as soon as you saw the character slam into the wall. I couldn't for the life get 2366D to work in the combo's though, nothing seems to get buffered while you're in the middle of 236C

I'm actually not entirely sure these 236C>236D combo's are worth it, the timing is so tight you could easily screw up

You need the opponent to be pretty high for 2366D to connect.

Easiest combo is 5DD > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > 2366D, until recently I just used to mash 5DD after RC, but I found out that mashing screws up the timing and it's not consistent. Timing the 5DD immediately after the RC should put them at the correct height after 236C.

I must be falling behind. The only new combo of Lambda's I bothered to do was 236C > 5C > 214A > 2DD > 4B. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to learn new combos when the old ones are just as good. I still manage 6k in the corner if I get a good hit in. Though 236B > 5B > 6A > 2147D in the corner is mad awesome. Gotta perfect that one for sure.

I must be falling behind. The only new combo of Lambda's I bothered to do was 236C > 5C > 214A > 2DD > 4B. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to learn new combos when the old ones are just as good. I still manage 6k in the corner if I get a good hit in. Though 236B > 5B > 6A > 2147D in the corner is mad awesome. Gotta perfect that one for sure.

Why not just do the 236B>dash>5a>6A>2147D in the corner?

Achedsphinx, where do you get your combo list from? I don't remember seeing too many corner combo's with 6k?

To do 236C>2366D, the timing of the 2366D was the hardest part for me. Holding down forward+D for the additional BB input buffer can help abit to get the link more consistently. If I ever have "important"(lol) matches, I'll probably just do the combo on characters where i know it works without the dash. But in all other matches I just go for it to get it down better.

lol @ the lambda execution discussion. Only because there are hardly vids of players doing these combos in matches, doesn't mean there aren't any. BB exe really isn't that tough compared to the stuff thats required in many other games. My oppinion is, that it's a game where you can learn your combos just from trying them in normal gameplay for awhile. After the initial few days of pmode, when a new iteration comes out and my vid is done, I usually hardly ever hit practice again. From then on I see any match played (outside of tourneys) as my pmode. (and no, my execution isn't godlike. anyone can do that)

5C combos after 4B? cause i'm pretty sure i saw it in a tourney but practice bot keeps teching it

Only on counter hit. On normal hit you have to do 2DD to follow-up.

Why not just do the 236B>dash>5a>6A>2147D in the corner?

Achedsphinx, where do you get your combo list from? I don't remember seeing too many corner combo's with 6k?

The basic CS2 combo of Lambda's in the corner. If you do 214D, I think that's the closest to 6k combo. 2147D RC, probably does it as well. Also, an impractical combo that does 6.3k roughly, would be 214D~C > 214D > 214A > 236C. It's tough to actually do in a game. But if you want a more steady way to get 6k, you can start with 236C > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 2DD > air stuff. In most cases, since you can't do a second 236C you can do a second 214D, though the timing is rather tight.

I haven't tested any of the combos I just mentioned, they're basically off the top of my head and I'm guessing they work. Oh, I forgot about Legacy Edge, which can get rather close to 6k. All in all, the combo I have been using are weird 214D tech traps after a second 236C. [CH] 2C also gets roughly 6k in the corner, I need to test it mid screen though. It should be noted, I always end my 4k-5k combos with Calamity because it's easy to do the 236D oki after wards.

Most of my combos are Lambda's old combos from CS2 and most do a great deal of damage. I need to test some more since I can't really do her new ones as easily and really seek reliable ones.

Oh and that 236B > 5B > 6A, I just browsed through Lambda's challenge mode combos and saw it. It looked rather useful so I considered trying it out later. Though, with 236B > dash > 5A, I'd be afraid of doing 6A instead of dash 5A lol. Does anyone know if 236B > 5B if it's character specific in the corner?

Does anyone know if 236B > 5B if it's character specific in the corner?

Yeah, it is character specific. Emjay made this chart to show who it does and doesn't work on though:

Lambda_CharSpecific.png

Ah cool. Looks like I'll stick with 236B > 5B then. I'll just have to add the dash in more. I've gotten fairly good with the TKs now, but I need to follow through with those j.B crouching hit confirms.

I think dash 5A is the best option. My performance with it is a little sloppy, training with it on a dummy is much different than when you're under pressure in a real game, I keep fucking up and dashing 6A

I always have problem on the part to dash 5B after Zwei blade.

I know that this is one important corner combo that usually seen JP people use, and feel like to master it. but then of 50 random tries I could success on this part around 1-2 times. I m still trying to figure out the timing for this. Does anybody has any suggestion? I m stuck at no idea if I should do it faster or slower.

the result usually either come out that I dash 6B instead or that I dash 5B but miss.

Any tip that you learn it from training?

If you dash 6B than you don't go neutral fast enough, it should be 66(lift your finger from the dpad / let go of the stick)B.

If you miss 5B just do it faster.

6k combos

Sadly all those starters (except 2147D RC maybe) will never happen in against someone who can block.

back with my newbie questions

my anti-air is pretty weak (actually scratch that, its non existant), should i spend time learning challenge #5, the one from 6A, or is there anything better for me out there?

back with my newbie questions

my anti-air is pretty weak (actually scratch that, its non existant), should i spend time learning challenge #5, the one from 6A, or is there anything better for me out there?

6A CH dash 3C 214A do a lot of dmg, something important to practice i think. From non-CH, challenge 5 i think is good enough

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Sadly all those starters (except 2147D RC maybe) will never happen in against someone who can block.

True enough. Though, it is a good way to punish slip ups and mistakes at least.

6A CH dash 3C 214A do a lot of dmg, something important to practice i think. From non-CH, challenge 5 i think is good enough

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

thanks

Would you suggest it against a Hazama's blocked ouroboros followup, or should i go for something else?

thanks

Would you suggest it against a Hazama's blocked ouroboros followup, or should i go for something else?

If you think the Hazama is going to attack from the front on a blocked Ouroboros then go for it. However, I wouldn't just autopilot input it every time he flies in because if he chooses to appear from behind you he can deal some huge damage since the anti air would whiff.

thanks

It might be worth noting that after a 5D-D chain pull on block I think he can space a J.B well enough to hit Lambda while keeping himself out of the way of 6A.

Also if you normal block a 5D-D chain pull I think he can mash J.A and it hits before you can get a 6A out in certain circumstances.

And if the haz really knows their stuff they can bait someone who's auto-pioting 6A by canceling the 5D-D chain pull with a normal while zooming towards you, which causes Haz to land on the ground just within his 3C range. You do 6A, he gets 3C CH. lol

You gotta react to where he's pulling himself from, what height, what chain pull type. His approaches from the air are even more diverse.

Try messing around with it in training and see what scenario's let you 6A him out of things and where you get hit too early or miss. And then it's down to reacting and punishing it.

(I'm sorta new btw lol I hope Hexa will vouch that I'm not talking nonsese :kitty:)

I'm sorta new btw lol I hope Hexa will vouch that I'm not talking nonsese :kitty:

I'm not gonna vouch for you. I'll let the people decide whether they think you're worth their time or not. :kitty:

Even if you are pretty legit~

thanks

Do it only if you instant block it. Even if he attacks, the 6A will come out and punish him. However, the better Hazama's will notice an instant block and think twice about auto-piloting in.