Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda Simple Questions And Answers Thread

don't know if the 665D or the 445D is a combo tool (I can see as a pressure tool, or like a zoning tool to pick up people), but for like 445C, I've seen it on some tournaments, where in the corner, they did the 6C > 236C > 214D at the wall, and then they speed back on an instant and continue to pick up from a 5C. I've seen on the combo thread that there are inputs like 445 or 665, and just curious how you enter that (since I feel I know what it looks like, but is not getting the results)

edit>

or maybe I am imagining this as happening... I saw some variance of 665 movements but not 445.... hmmm....

You're probably thinking of the wall dash-unders? The input only works off forward dashes, so you have to wait until they just barely pass over your head before you input the dash.

It may look like a 445, but you do it after they go over you so it's technically a 665 input.

TK crescent is out of the question cause i just can't do it lol. More than 1 hour in practise and i was able to hit it a mere 5 times. (is this normal btw, or im the only one with such input problems?)

Here's how I got over that problem. I firstly got myself to learn the exact boundaries my pad (or stick in your case if that's what you prefer) would accept for the 2147 input and what heights were determined the higher I went and vice-versa. After this I found the optimal placement and trained my thumb to keep doing that same motion on both sides of the screen. I also recorded several correct and incorrect inputs of my thumb doing the 2147 input and just kept doing it from there. Make sure that you drag the stick ALL THE WAY around, don't try and cut corners.

Hope that helps :3.

236D~C into a j.B.

236D~C into a 2B.

236D~C into a throw.

Or if you're not feeling it you can always run away. Or you can reset pressure. A good amount of options in that oki. If you want more bang for your buck, j.B yields more damage as a starter. Also, if you hit-confirm with j.B follow up with 4B, because in most cases they're crouching and 4B gets 100 P2 if the first hit connects.

edit: opps i thought this was the QA thread. Prob should move this post.

Spike Chaser in a blockstring is punishable with a good opponent, so be wary of that. Hit-confirm your string, and if it's blocked, you can use a jump cancellable move to get away. Or you could reset pressure and keep them blocking somehow. Lots of ways to do that, so that belongs in its own thread (that I'm slowly working on)

I have a question. Lambda's 214A/B/C, it has a 13 frame start-up. It also have throw invul. But, wouldn't it make a better punish than the majority of Lambda's abilities. Specifically, when I was doing the FC counter vid, I did a 214A fatal, 236C, 236D. Of all the abilities Lambda can use to punish a bad move, I want to know if gravity would be the best, midscreen or fullscreen.

I checked for the recovery on things like Inferno Divider, and it will become a fatal if she punishes with 214A, of course this would only work for things with bad recovery, mostly DPs.

Question: FC gravity > 236C > 236D. I've read the chart Emjay provided, I was just curious does 236C > 236D always connect on characters, or is it still the same as in the chart. I'm curious because gravity slows ascension which makes me wonder really. My extend disc went boom so I can't really test to see for myself.

If I'm not mistaken, you can get 6.5K meterless from an optimal FC combo. From an optimal CH 5C[1] combo, I think you could get 6.2K meterless.

The difference is that one uses Gravity and the other one doesn't. It depends on what you're comfortable doing, IMO. 214A is faster, but you'd need to dash. 5C has better range. For the most consistent damage, go for the FC combo IMO. You'll potentially get 6K meterless no matter what.

214A FC > 236C > (Dashing) 236D is different than something like 3C > 214A > 236C > (Dashing) 236D.

eg. 214A FC > 236C > 236D works on Tsubaki, but 3C > 214A > 236C > 236D doesn't.

Someone has to do a chart for FC's, since it's different (not sure how much different). I don't mind doing it during the weekend if no-one else can.

I'm not 100% sure (it's been a while since I tested), but I almost want to say that 214A FC > 236C > 236D is universal on everyone except Tager.

80% sure maybe?

Ah, thanks for the rapid fire responses. My reasoning for using it was because it would lead to a 6K+ meterless combo midscreen as far as punishes go and figured you could do the same with 5C, but you'd have to do that 236DD for the wheel to connect so I thought 214A would be better. The only problem I saw with gravity was the range. I just really wanted to know if it worked consistently on everybody then it I would make it my goto punish since gravity will more than likely be up by the combo's end.

I felt that FC gravity > 236C > 236D was different so I wanted to know if it was universal.

General rules for basic highly damaging combo's in CSE:

- No Drive until the until the air ender

- 1 or 2 5C's per 5C string, or better yet, none at all

- No repeat move proration

For truly optimal combo's:

In general, once you start lowering proration, you simply want to maximize Heat Gain and elongate the ender (the ender that leads into the air ender) as much as possible, which often means using as much Drive as possible, sometimes as much 5C as possible, and usually some repeat move proration as well.

Of course, it depends on the situation. There are many situations where one wouldn't follow these guidelines to the letter, but there will be times when they are practical and "confirmable" for certain starters. I could write some more posts on combo's if people were interested, and post them sometime later in a different thread.

General rules for basic highly damaging combo's in CSE:

- No Drive until the until the air ender

- 1 or 2 5C's per 5C string, or better yet, none at all

- No repeat move proration

For truly optimal combo's:

Of course, it depends on the situation. There are many situations where one wouldn't follow these guidelines to the letter, but there will be times when they are practical and "confirmable" for certain starters. I could write some more posts on combo's if people were interested, and post them sometime later in a different thread.

I think the highest I pulled off with Lambchops was 4k, with the exception of Calamity Sword. Is there a way to do like 5k or more?

I think the highest I pulled off with Lambchops was 4k, with the exception of Calamity Sword. Is there a way to do like 5k or more?

Plenty. Her higher ones are in the corner and can be from j.B or 2B starters into gravity. Basically, gravity makes 5k-6k combos happen for Lambda.

Here's a basic corner combo that does about 6k. (corner) j.B > 3C > 214A > 236C > dash under > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air stuff.

midscreen: FC 214A > 236C > 236D > stuff = 7k.

@Beave, I wouldn't say it's optimal, well it is, but getting a FC 214A is tough though. The person would need to do a move that has poor recovery or do a predicable grab. You could even do 236A > 214A to bait a grab. Either way, once you do a FC 214A following up with 236C > 236D seems optimal, you just have to do a lot of dashing moves to get the combo upwards of 7k. Check out Over's CV, he does a number of 6k-7k damaging FC combos.

@Overheat, is that why you were doing 1 5C hit and went into 6C in your CVs? Referring to your general rules that is.

Plenty. Her higher ones are in the corner and can be from j.B or 2B starters into gravity. Basically, gravity makes 5k-6k combos happen for Lambda.

Here's a basic corner combo that does about 6k. (corner) j.B > 3C > 214A > 236C > dash under > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air stuff.

midscreen: FC 214A > 236C > 236D > stuff = 7k.

@Beave, I wouldn't say it's optimal, well it is, but getting a FC 214A is tough though. The person would need to do a move that has poor recovery or do a predicable grab. You could even do 236A > 214A to bait a grab. Either way, once you do a FC 214A following up with 236C > 236D seems optimal, you just have to do a lot of dashing moves to get the combo upwards of 7k. Check out Over's CV, he does a number of 6k-7k damaging FC combos.

@Overheat, is that why you were doing 1 5C hit and went into 6C in your CVs? Referring to your general rules that is.

Oooo, I have stuff to practice now. :yaaay:

Oooo, I have stuff to practice now. :yaaay:

For a bunch of 6k+ practical combos.

If you want to try counters as well.

Hope that helps! :D

That aside, I have a question in general. Does anyone know how much damage guard crush adds? I'm fairly certain it increases damage in combos but I'm not sure by how much. I'm assuming it's maybe 110 P1, just a guess.

It doesn't (check here for an explanation: http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guard_Primer_(BBCSE) ). It just feels that way since only the P2 of your next move is used and 236C has a P2 of 94, compared to its P1 of 80 (since everyone pretty much uses 236C after a guard crush).

Oh I see. Wow, I did not know that. I was just amazed that the damage increased so much haha. But that makes sense. Thanks for the answer.

edit: Hmm, I have another question now though. If it goes based off the P2 after the guard crush, can you do 214A since it has a P2 of 99 and follow it up with 236C? The frame data for 214A confuses me a bit, but it says it has 44F of hitstun, which means you should be able to connect 236C with it right?

Nope, you can't do 214A > 236C on a grounded opponent unless it's a FC. You have to take recovery into account, since you're not cancelling 214A.

A Guard Crush has a P1 of 90, and a P2 of 100. The P1 does not count towards the untech time, though. It's just a damage multiplier in this case.

And yes, I try to limit my 5C's.

A Guard Crush has a P1 of 90, and a P2 of 100. The P1 does not count towards the untech time, though. It's just a damage multiplier in this case.

So that didn't change then? I wasn't sure since I hadn't heard that is was the same.

I think it's fair to assume as such. CS1's was also the same, but only with 70 "P1" IIRC.

It's simple enough to test out, though I don't think it's necessary.