Chaoschao222

BlazBlue Official Art Thread and Directory

Litchi's not the only one.

What the heck is going on with Azrael's proportions? His legs are way too short for how top heavy he is.

Other than him, Litchi and a few other stinkers, I'm liking what we got.

Since we are already on this topic: who was the artist for the character artworks of Calamity Trigger? Was it Toshimichi Mori or someone else?

I think they were some of the best ones because they had so much details, like cracks in Ragnas Blood Scythe or Bangs scarf which had many flaws, although the perspectives and vanishing points of some of them was kind of weird, like Tagers left hand.

And although it was already posted in the news thread, I think it fits here too since it is an official collaboration: Phantasy Star Online 2 X BlazBlue

I love them all, BLAZBLUE has always had the best character art out of any game, in my opinion. I've always loved Yuuki Katou's illustrations ever since I saw them from the novels.

Terumi/Hazama looking stylish as hell, as always.

Why don't you guys like Litchi's art?

Some of these characters look like they've only been eating celery sticks once a day for 3 years...

The artwork is indeed amazing though, all across the board... Except litchis. All of their personalities seem very well-captured.

Beanwich I cannot speak for others but I don't think litchi was drawn well at all. She is the only one though. Not only does she look very uncharacteristic, she also looks very disproportionate. Some other characters do too, but it can still blend in with them. Hers is like looking at a failed clone of her - more accurately, a rough draft of the real thing.

Why don't you guys like Litchi's art?

She looks like a smaller girl with Litchi's assets, which were already pretty disproportionate on Litchi. Her hips jut out like a cartoon character swallowing a large meal whole and having its silhouette outlined within their body. It's not the worst design in the world, but it's jarring.

And yes, Danaiden, Mori did CT's art.

Some of these characters look like they've only been eating celery sticks once a day for 3 years...

The artwork is indeed amazing though, all across the board... Except litchis. All of their personalities seem very well-captured.

Beanwich I cannot speak for others but I don't think litchi was drawn well at all. She is the only one though. Not only does she look very uncharacteristic, she also looks very disproportionate. Some other characters do too, but it can still blend in with them. Hers is like looking at a failed clone of her - more accurately, a rough draft of the real thing.

I see, well, I'm not a Litchi fan, so maybe I didn't notice, But I think if I saw it, I could see it as how Litchi looks.

Most of the characters do look pretty thin, but to be honest, I think most of the characters in this series are on the underweight side, except of course for the artificially created and insanely buff. But being anime characters, most of their bodies are already exaggerated anyway.

Is it ever said who's the artist for the story and arcade illustrations? The style in changed in CSEX but the old one returned in CP onwards.

I like many of them but the one I really love is Kokonoe, great piece of artwork.

Koko's might be my favorite out of the entire lineup. If you had to sum her personality up in one single image, no words or other explanations allowed, that'll do it perfectly. Lazy? Check. Loves candy? Check. Hates shoes? Check. Tager is basically her bitch? Double check.

There's just so much to love about it.

I never like the way Ragna comes out in those character portraits but I think this is the first time he looks decent.

Kurushii's site is back up and running, which means the thread isn't dead anymore.

That said, I'm still quite behind on updating, so there are still images missing, but nothing should be broken now.

So... when DL upgraded... every single link became a link to the first post. I don't now how... I don't know why... but I guess this is even worse than everything being broken...

This probably isn't even possible to fix itself, so I'll have to go do it myself. For images it's not too bad since I just have to change the links back to the correct pictures, but I don't have many, if any of the download links on deck so...