Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Team St1ckbug Needs PCs 1/28 Brooklyn, NY GG/BB/MBCC/GEXVS (exhibition)!

Lmao.

I hope you're trolling.

I hope *you* guys were trolling - I know I don't quite understand a lot of jokes, but after listening to 20 minutes straight of "whatever, I used to play this game but it fucking sucked so I quit" and you can't actually tell the difference between fucking Calamity trigger and Continuum Shift...and then go into talking about new versus old players then bitch about how you just wanna go home, Idk what to think, man.

Seriously, play back that recording and think what it looks like to others. You guys should hear what you say sometimes. You really think that's the kind of shit that eventually got butts in seats and got MK9 and KOF into EVO?

Lmao.

I hope you're trolling.

Your perspective is strictly from the Stream Monster's point of view. You have never been to any of the events we run (locals, majors, gatherings) . Leave your fucking house, show up to an event and then maybe your opinion would have credibility.

Why would I play games with people that don't like the games or players?

Your perspective is strictly from the Stream Monster's point of view.

So you're saying that the things that come out of your mouths are a screenplay?

I've only been to one event, and it wasn't this one, but I thought the guys there were pretty friendly and inviting. They didn't have any particular sense of alienation around them. The guys on the stream probably just naturally act like that because their audience is a group of anonymous viewers from the internet, it's different when you come to meet them face to face.

Would've liked to come to this one, but my schedule didn't work out. Maybe next time.

Well, this WAS my first event, and I didn't feel put off, alienated, or otherwise made light of. I also didn't notice any actual "this game sucks" conversation from the organizers, though they did speak to the virtues of GG and MB, that's fine - those games deserve the love.

I don't know what went on on the stream, but I didn't overhear any negative commentary. x.x

I've been to like 3-4 tournaments so far and it's pretty cool, I think. The entire anime fighting game community of EC seems like a giant tsundere to me.

supposedly he is broke as fuck and cant afford the trip into new york. apparently it costs approximately 130 dollars.

Can we run a tournament for this nigga? Im down for donating like 20 bucks to him if he comes out.

supposedly he is broke as fuck and cant afford the trip into new york. apparently it costs approximately 130 dollars.

Can we run a tournament for this nigga? Im down for donating like 20 bucks to him if he comes out.

Are we still talking about Star Demon? Because it cost me about $130 to get to this event (and back) from BOSTON. Something is messed up if it costs that much to get there from Long Island. :P

$130 from Boston? I'm sure you can take a Chinatown bus for a lot cheaper, you should look into it. We go from NY to Philly for $20 round trip.

As for Star Demon all you've accomplished was making a target out of yourself for future trolls.

Min went out of his way to stream the event for us because St1ckBuG was restreaming God's Garden at the time. Min was on the mic clowning and shit because he doesn't play the games, he was doing us a favor and streaming. The usual commentators weren't there (Me, St1ckBuG and LK were commentating God's).

Your point of view is limited by what WE show you. If you come to an event you'll see everything not just what's on your computer screen. There's no "in" crowd if you play anime and come support Next level and Team St1ckBuG then you're a part of the community, simple as that.

Don't come on here bashing our event if you have not participated in any of them.

P.S You can eat a dick until you leave your house.

Star-Demon, come to a TSB tournament first and then I'll let you tell me to my face what kind of douche-bag event it actually is.

Then I'll buy you lunch. There's a really good Chinese place nearby.

Sincerely,

_-EAD-_ || <<BHTW>> St1ckBuG

On another note; I'm going to be at NL for skillionaire this friday, GG casuals anyone?(since I missed out on TSB casuals since I arrived late, then after tourney Mahvel took over).

Honestly Star, I think going out to any tourney would help you. I would definitely like to see some change. not just in how you play, but how you act. I think the main reason why you do a lot of things most people around here call stupid is cause you're ignorant. You need to learn what and what not to do and best way to do that is to just be there and listen. You also don't need to actually play in the tourney. You can just pay the venue fee and play casuals. It'll be a great learning experience and maybe you can meet some people that help you learn some Litchi stuff. In fact, that's really what you need to do. Go to a tourney with the intent to learn as much as possible. Do that and I think you will leave the place feeling 10x better.

$130 from Boston? I'm sure you can take a Chinatown bus for a lot cheaper, you should look into it. We go from NY to Philly for $20 round trip.

Took the train. Was really very pleasant. May try the bus next time though.

Why would I play games with people that don't like the games or players?

You knew I was going to tell you how my trip to NL was, why would you blow up the thread just because the stream was bad? As you knew and said, GODSGARDEN was the same day, and was started 12 hours earlier, so quite a few TSB veterans were MIA and it should've been expected.

So I'll start with the bad -- the ONLY downside to that trip was the lack in CS2 setups. About half of the setups there (I guess ~6 is a good number to guess) had BB on the hard drive, but it wasn't updated to CS2. I don't know how that even happens, but it made it very awkward when you have 10-15 guys there ready to play and only two setups, one of which was entirely dedicated to the TSB brackets. So basically, we only had one setup for casuals. That was bad.

The good -- EVERYONE was approachable, everyone was in a positive frame of mind, everybody was down to play, and nobody heckled anyone. I shit you not when I say that me and a Mu player were probably the most free things in the entire BB bracket. Zero problems for either of us (other than getting bodied of course). We didn't get heckled, we didn't get booed out of the arcade, etc etc.

I don't know WHAT happened on the stream, but I don't think any of the commentators were playing BB. I know Min wasn't, I don't know about the other guest commentators (I wasn't keeping my eye on the table). I know I spent most of my time speaking to new blood and non-commentators that were actually playing BB, and they were legit.

tl;dr -- It wasn't a negative experience, it definitely wasn't the best experience either, but it was damn well worth going out for.

Off-topic: Is Dai posting the tourney results by any chance?

Everyone at this event was really chill and cool with each other, if there was any shit talk if at all it wasn't anything serious. *Insert you need to come out and see it for yourself post here*

On another note; I'm going to be at NL for skillionaire this friday, GG casuals anyone?(since I missed out on TSB casuals since I arrived late, then after tourney Mahvel took over).

Skillionare is already this Friday? Hype! Let's try to get you out of random Grand Viper, you def improved a lot :D

results?

Just got onto the computer. I needed sleep, and I didn't even watch Godsgarden.

Also Star Demon, I can't buy you lunch like St1ckbug....I don't have job, but if you come out I can give you a big hug!

^_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________^

On a side note, I did not criticize BB once the few brief times I did commentary. I cannot speak for anyone else on commentary (Min, Zidane, Flash, Hal, Mahouko etc.), but as can be said from out guests, no one heckled any BB player about playing BB with any seriousness.

P.S You can eat a dick until you leave your house.

Quote for empasis on chodes. Also wheres da futa at animed00dz~

I've been travelling the North East for years for tourneys/freetime/whatever you have the choice of megabus/boltbus for a dollar to 7$ if you order a month a head of time if not you can take the fung~wah or just look up Boston's chinatown bus to NY it should be 20$(maybe 25$) roundtrip last I checked...(two years ago)

post-58-139515167151_thumb.jpg

GvG where da twin sticks at!?