Sign in to follow this  
RellyG

[Accent Core] Order-Sol General Discussion

lately I've been trying to incorporate L1BRP into my mixup strings to ill effect. unless i'm at max length, i tend to get rocked on block or if i try to follow up a hit.

at most i can fish a CH j.H or 6K from it, but it's a bit gimmicky. should i be bothering with this move at all, or is it really just for FRC tick throw?

Oh well you can always try this:

2369 K, RC, IAD, J.S-J.HS, 5c.S, Rock it Lv 2, 66 5c.S, J.HS-J.D, Jc, J.HS-J.D, 236 K

I´m still noob with Order Sol, so i couldn’t add 2 more rep of dustloop in that combo... o well, I hope that vid can be useful for you.

neat combo. i think my problem is that i'm using BRP1 with < 50 tension though, otherwise I switch to 2H or hopefully have level 3. i guess i'm just trying to turn it into a more effective move earlier on in the round, usually in conjunction with 2S and RI1.

Do it from a distance you're going to land outside of throw range, or at least from a little bit of a distance. The sooner you hit them the sooner they are recovering. A properly placed 236k is not punishable, at least not by throw. You shouldn't be trying to use it all the time, but is an effective way to close distance in a pinch(think slayer 2h, and those kinf of moves) and as long as you dont do it from too close and jump afterwards you shouldn't get punished too hard, and might even be in a good position to keep up offense depending on your opponent/their character. I guess just like all of his moves, its up to your discretion to use it properly. See where its dangersous and then decided where it's good. And make sure to learn the frc :vbang:

If you position your BR after a combo/block string that ends in a 5HS then you will generally be safe enough to throw out a 2P that should beat out anything non-super that they wana do.

anybody still playing hos out there? i almost quit the man myself, but after this recent tourney i'm gonna stick with him.

anyways, i've been making up some fun shit for hos. let's take the start of the round for instance. iad j.H, j.D knocks the guy an inch away from the corner. run up immediate gunblaze crosses them up dead in the corner. slightly delayed gunblaze does not. if you do cross them up, you can dash backwards (449) and get a full dust loop. it's good shit that's stupidly hard to block, but it comes off of a stupidly risky round opener. you can also cross up with iad j.K/S, too, but those are more obvious crossovers. combo vid shit like lv3 BRP crossup works too, but how are you gonna set something like that up with lv3?

i'm also using more mixups after lv2 gb when it leads me into the corner. i almost always just did lv1 gb back the other way, but lv2 gb ac frc, backdash throw hits like everyone. and obviously you can mix it up in a ton of different ways after that, i just really happen to like doing that.

I still play HOS, Kuma Moon! Never give up! Although I STILL have problems with Fafnir -> 66 -> 2S -> 5HS -> IDA -> j.p -> j.S -> SV... :sad:

I still play HOS, Kuma Moon! Never give up!

Although I STILL have problems with Fafnir -> 66 -> 2S -> 5HS -> IDA -> j.p -> j.S -> SV...

:sad:

i think i'm gonna main slayer

he gets tension faster and does more damage in just about everything

oh and BBU

i think i'm gonna main slayer

he gets tension faster and does more damage in just about everything

oh and BBU

ewwww. nigga you gay.

what's all this crap about you quitting Blake? will you still play at final round or are you hanging it up for good?

shrug we'll see. I'm not quitting until I beat Frank down. After that, it's questionable. I may just play at majors for fun and not enter any tournaments. Unless there's a revival in NC or a new GG hits.

I still play him :psyduck: Although it helps that I don't terribly like any other characters as much as I like HOS.

All this talk of quiting the game or dropping HOS makes me feel cold inside :( Even when my only sparring partner is the cpu I'm just not able to bring myself to drop the character/game, I wouldn't even consider it after all the time and effort I've spent on them.

I still love HOS, despite putting some miles on chumpkin. any time i think about dropping HOS for awhile, I end up having some fantastic matches and I'm hooked again. playing HOS is like driving a muscle car, and every time I take him out for a spin, I get pumped and feel manly.

just pick him up and i'll start playing robo again. it'll be like freaky friday. btw when are you coming back? you missed me clashing DoT with BHB. fucking manly.

any time i think about dropping HOS for awhile, I end up having some fantastic matches and I'm hooked again. playing HOS is like driving a muscle car, and every time I take him out for a spin, I get pumped and feel manly.

This.

Omg yo... I dunno if its just me or... Is it scary when your knocked down in the corner and a Potemkin is over you? When your all the way across the screen from a Pot? When your running up to a Pot? When your C.Slash distance from a Pot? Pretty much is it scary at any situation with a Pot on the screen? ._. *shivers*

Depends. A Pot who likes to jump a lot is a Pot I'm not particularly scared of. The respect is always there due to sheer damage output, but unless he's in striking distance, I don't feel scared.

Oh right - the whole dang screen :psyduck: Also, lately I have been throwing in another Oki thing: Meaty 5k -> j.p -> j.HS -> j.D Meaty 5k -> 5s -> j.HS -> j.D Is that wise? People have time to DP (because it completely wiffs if they are ducking :8/: ) although I can just FD it and I have the option of double jumping. Seems risky but its another oki option on an alrdy oki heavy character. Should I stop? :psyduck:

Sign in to follow this