Sign in to follow this  
RellyG

[Accent Core] Order-Sol General Discussion

Well the idea was to do something that made absolutely no practical sense, but looked nice on screen... Of course there are limitations to all things I guess, but I can dream or do the dust launch and poke them to 19 hits then finish on the land. Still not going to be much of a practical thing, but it accomplishes the dream. Although the j.HS>5D>5HS>DI warms my thighs, I'll make use of it.

... Instant kill? It is according to Youtube. All that trouble learning it for an Instant Kill. Everyone else has easier IK's. Oh well, I can only get to 9 hits. How fast do I have to input the 632146HS command?

First of all if the last hit(Tyrant Rave) kills the opponent the IK occurs. People call it HOS's IK because of that. The point of the move IMO isn't to IK whoever, its to deal massive damage by expending all of HOS's resources. Points to consider: -HOS combos into DI. -No one else combos into their IK. -Even if HOS whiffs the DI activation he still keeps his tension guage. Personally even though it's a major improvement over the / version I still keep away from it because I feel it limits me too much. And please next time read the threads. There is enough discussion on HOS's DI without having to start another thread for it.(General discussion).

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so stupid. I won't make the same mistake twice. Thanks for giving me that information anyway though. Most people would've made me look it up which would've taken I while. I do appreciate it.

Forgive me for the double post, but I'd rather do this than to make another topic concerning this attack. Well, I finallyt got to 10 hits. He finishes by blasting his opponent, but doesn't transform. Will he finish the attack on Training Mode or did I do something wrong?

I remember long ago when I saw c.S,CC,f.S,CC,6HS. Is this just too much trouble to learn? Is that why no one does it? Or is it because it's not practical?

well you could cancel into c.S, f.S, 6HS anyway. why would you need to CC. i think CC only gives advantage on 2D and 5HS anyway. but only enough to combo after a Counter Hit.

6HS doesn't connect after f.S unless f.S is a CH. So there's no way c.S>f.S>6HS can combo normally. That's why I think it may have to be CC to land 6HS in a combo without a CH.

i know that it dosn't combo. but it gatlings. CCing f.S wouldn't make it combo since CCing just makes move recover faster(sometimes). but a gatling skips the recovery so there is no need to CC.

Yesterday when i was experimenting using OR I succesfully deals 5hs,bhb lv 3,charging,run 5s,5hs,DI in training targeting Sol. I don't really think that anyone can do this in real battle coz the slip recovery I set to 0. The question is : Does DI is trully invincible at its active frame? coz in some cases i oftenly CH my friend with DI as he blows normal/special moves.

Wow... today I just realized how easy it is to make high(well, high for me, a complete newbie) damaging comboes... 5S©>5S(f)>5HS>(lvl3)236S>j.D>236K>AC 184 damage on Sol. Really simple to use, just be past the halfway mark on the stage, otherwise the j.D knocks the enemy too far. Although, I'd imagine j.HS could remove that... If you can't get close enough to make sure the 5HS gets in, just remove the 5S©. Instead of 184 damage, it's 177. Sure, I know he probably has much better comboes at his disposal, but it's simple, easy, and fast. I think I'll show it to my friends, perhaps that'll help them get into GG. I mean, it's a pretty easy combo, I'm sure they could get it pretty quickly...

Well, you can 6K CC to start your rushdown but you better be good at FDC your run just in case. You can also try 6K>2D CC, 6K CC f.S CC. If I do 6K and it gets blocked, I either 2D CC,or RARELY BRP, CC begin my rushdown, or CC and do nothing to anticipate an attack. Also 6K CC dash in throw(could be a bit risky). And you can go for 6K>6HS but if the 6K isn't a CH your opponent can backdash out of it(applies to all CH>6HS normals if the required normal isn't a CH). 6K on block CC can be used for a bunch of reasons. Throws, fafnir, rushdown,mixups, frametraps,pokes,charging. But you should familarize yourself hit confirming(if that's what it's called)if you land a 6K CH you can take advantage of the 6HS followup. Know your pokes(2K,2S,5K and such) and your mixups. Overall it's up to you and the situation you're in.

Hopefully the other Order-Sol players here can add in more input.

yeah i thought that too (;-_-)> yesterday i just know if 6k was combo after iad s, jhs ... i wonder if it can connect into some zomg combos ... but i guess it's better used for mix up

hey i found some corner after throw combo inspired by kaqn.i don't know if anybody has notice this but,hell here it is order sol corner after throw linking(may not work on Johnny) j.s,j.d,land,5s,run(no frame),jump,j.hs,j.d,djc,j.hs,j.d,BRP at lv 3 when the target bounce just do a simple 5k,5s,jc,j.k,j.s,djc,j.k,j.s,SV

Well it is possible to combo after corner air throw with HOS on a good amount(if not all) of the cast. The common method is using a Savage Fang for relaunch but there are tension free solutions as well. I will be tesing for corner airthrow tension free combos all weekend. Hopefully other HOS players like Gunblaze will post their findings as well. EDIT:@Gunblaze: The Order-Sol combo thread started by LM Akira and contributions from WUT,LM Akira, and Titanium Beast cover corner throw combos. Did you check there? Here's what was posted:Throw (wall stick) dash j.HS, j.D, dj.HS, j.D land 5S© HJC hj.S, j.HS, j.D, Lv1 236K (Vs ...May, Millia, Sol, Testament... chars will be updated soon) The combo you posted can help players get used to performing the throw combo on May as well as give another option in case some players can't land the combo posted above. So it's not worthless. Good find.

Hey I was wondering about something. Here is my case : my only friends that can play with me are a Venom et Testament players and I am playing order sol. Theses matchups are really frustrating and I can't find a way to really win against them... I looked at the matchup thread but the only thing I can find is "Be patient, don't be frustrated". HOS is good against some characters but for characters that want you away from them and can manage to not let you approach, is Order Sol already dead before begining the match ?

Hey I was wondering about something.

Here is my case : my only friends that can play with me are a Venom et Testament players and I am playing order sol.

Theses matchups are really frustrating and I can't find a way to really win against them... I looked at the matchup thread but the only thing I can find is "Be patient, don't be frustrated".

HOS is good against some characters but for characters that want you away from them and can manage to not let you approach, is Order Sol already dead before begining the match ?

It's not quite as bad as that, but it can be frigging frustrating (within the group I play with, I have 2 Venoms, 2 Testaments, Potemkin, Faust, Slayer, Johnny....I could go on but I think you get the idea...).

The thing you need to bear in mind with Order-Sol is that you can't win on gimmicks/tricks alone nor can you by playing from range. You will literally have no other option in these kinds of matchups but getting right up into people faces and pressuring them. Order-Sol has great normals and excellent speed but this is not going to help you if you're on the other side of the screen. Basically what I'm trying to say is that once you get "in" on someone, you need to stay "in" and keep the pressure on. Easier said than done at first I know.

With chars/players who can zone well, you need to be creative in your approaches...you need to utilise things like dash FD brake, dash 2K/sweep, low jump forward dj back, j.P (whiff) j.HS, dash buffered Lv1/2 BHB AC FRC, IAD (if you can punish something) and so on...bait them into whiffing moves and try to punish or at least try to close the gap and start your pressure.

Check out WUT's primer for some detailed ideas.

i have the same problem as neithan.sometimes my friend even "perfect" me using those badass... but the mix up that akira explain still needs a close up battle range.do order sol have a high priority move that can get him up close?i've tried rock it! but still no use...

Let me explain how special moves act in getting you closer: Rock it: the fist is FAR in front of Order Sol, and the move knocks back. So it's a good move to get yourself away from your opponent, not closer. Gun Blaze: Well, this move has potential, since it doesn't knockback, it's just too bad that if the flame whiffs, which is most likely will from far range, you got your opponent running in on you and taking as much life away from you as possible. Next to that he'll reset the distance issue so you can start all over again. So this one does drop out, unless you have lvl3 of course since then at least one of the flame pilars will hit him. Storm Viper: It's a good shut up move, unless the opponent is already shutting up, then you'll just get punished and reset into your problem. Block Head Buster: In slash this move was actually useful for these kind of problems, too bad they felt like changing it, so now, the move doesn't work, no matter what level you're on. Bandit Revolver Prototype: This move actually has the most potential to be the best and safest way of getting... too bad it's stuffable, -4 on block and with FD you're opponent still knocks you away, you could use the FRC to guard from any incoming attacks perhaps, but he'll just knock you away which is his primary target. Fafnir: slow recovery, knocks back, like SV it serves only as a shut up move. So in fact, no special move serves the purpose of getting close(yes, life sucks). Fortunately, OS can move pretty fast, so you can run/jump towards him without requiring airdashes. That means you're always able to guard in the air without losing speed. Any opponent that does not want you near him will eventually start moving backwards into the corner, and then it's your job to keep him there.

Life is Pain (with HOS).:psyduck: In fact the problem I have is that the Venom player is really really good (been to japan 2 months et when he came back WAHOO) and when he wants you away he can do it pretty easily : ball + 5HS, Stinger Aim EX and BLAM 1/4 of life is gone. :vbang: After that he keep pressuring but manager to always be away when I can counter attack. SO i begun to think that order is not as good as he seems first. He have a good pressure (but not extraordinary...) but have many counter things : obligation of making the same gatlings that will make you at the good distance for following pressure with a GB, he cannot approach at all if a good player does not want it... To be honest I am quite bored : even if I tried to pressure them, the fact I can only count of two maximum pressings in the match is not enough to beat an opponent.

Venom doesn't really like air, yeah sure, he can counter you in it, but his options tend to be slow. So if you do it right you'll be stuffing anything he fires at you with a j.H. As for his gatlings, he's actually one of the characters that isn't obliged to do anything actually. He can do 5K-S and then just stop, or perhaps chain into 2H or 2D, he's on advantage after most attacks (even if he isn't, he is). So that what you said isn't entirely true, he can always keep going, just by varying whether you're gonna dash or not the slightest bit. What you should stop thinking about with OS is pressuring them, actually forget about that with any character, you want to hit them, or chip them to death, which one you may chose, I don't care. But pressuring doesn't do damage, pressuring will only look cool for a certain period and after that it will be your grave. Damaging them is what will work however and it will force them to do things they don't want to. Now damaging your opponent or getting an entrypoint to damage is what OS is good at.

What can OS use as oki? I'm mainly asking this because most of the people I play aren't exactly afraid the oki game either throwing out a shoryuken (mainly the chipp player) or somehow grabbing me when I know I'm outside the throw range (I use 2S to measure/set-up a lot).

Sign in to follow this