Sign in to follow this  
RellyG

[Accent Core] Order-Sol General Discussion

Ok, it seems all changes have been reported.

- The sweep range looks the same to me.

- GB proration changed 100% -> 80%, pillars guaranteed to come out is current level - 1.

- charge bar drains slower

- 6P staggers rather than floats

- l2BRP knocks down guaranteed again(like in Slash),

- l2BHB floats and wallsticks (if the wall is in range, otherwise it will send your opponent outside your reach), with 25% FRC it seems to have similar ranges to gun blaze as far as cornercomboing is concerned. There has been no change to its drain on the guard bar or proration, so now l1GB and l2BHB do about the same damage as their followups are concerned; which in the corner caps OS's l1 to l2 damage to ~170 from any normal hit.

- l2Ri knocks down, no matter the situation. Gives free action charge, I reckon the damage is around 120 from the average combo, from the BHB AC chain I posted a while ago, the damage would end up around 170ish + guaranteed knockdown + guaranteed level 2

- l3 seems effectively unchanged, now if only our opponents would let us get to l3!

- fafnir seems unchanged(no damage reduction or proration).

So in short, overall damage reduced; Abare increased, but worth it? I'm not so sure.

^ Good stuff, Reaver.

His dmg does seem to be reduced a bit now that I've watched the stream, which makes me sad as his burst dmg was one of my favourite things out of him in AC. On the other hand, that HOS was raping everyone left and right aside from I-No who seems beast now as well.

We'll see how it plays out.

I like the changes I've seen so far. Honestly he doesn't seem that different, some of the changes make him feel more stable though. His overall gameplan won't change much, so a lot is dependent upon changes to other characters in the game. Also not seeing the overall damage being reduced, still seems to be able to do a lot of damage in the right situation.

itd be fuckng godlike if lv 2 brp>fafnir worked cuz it looks like it might be able to connect if its like a 1f link :O

Ok, I played a bit vs Kliff AI (in AC) to get some feel for what the matchup would be like.

So far, it seems that sweeping or GBing kliff is out of the question, he seems to have low profile covered too well. Same with air moves, the best option seems to be hitting him from the ground. Other than that, he's lighter so some combos might not work. On the positive side, Kliff eats damage like a bitch: 2x 6H followed by 5S2S5H 632146S ~P ~K ~S ~H ~D ~K ~S 63214H will instant kill!

I thought I'd heard at some point that Dragon Install was reduced to 50% tension cost... is that still a thing? Or did I dream that up in my own little fantasy world?

any tips to connect in the corner 2D bhb1 ac frc dash 5S? seems pretty hard lol

Edited by Gramas

It actually is pretty hard:P First of all, the 2D needs to be close range, then the BHB needs to be followed up with an immediate action charge(so while the BHB is still in startup animation) and then you will need to FRC it at the earliest possible moment(shouldn't matter if you miss a few frames) finally you get the ability to do 66S and you can continue from there. Do mind that noone ever uses this combo. In the corner it's not as useful compared to 2D 214D 5K-S + followup due to the fact that it doesn't cost any tension. For midscreen realistically, you probably shouldn't sweep at such close ranges :p BUT, you can do the 2D 214D 5K-S + followup or 2D 236S 5K-S followup depending on what you prefer.

any tips to connect in the corner 2D bhb1 ac frc dash 5S? seems pretty hard lol

Unless it's going to kill, take your knockdown and begin fuzzy-guard mixup and pressure.

Unless it's going to kill, take your knockdown and begin fuzzy-guard mixup and pressure.

I was aiming for this combo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5vEZp_GeWQ#t=169

But I could only replicate it using bhb1 rc

I am just practicing on a ps2 emulator(which seems perfect),working on combos for next wednesday... gotta study the fuzzy-guard options and overall gameplan now :>

I have never seen the top order-sol doing wakeup SV RC,isnt it a good option?

I just hope ragna didn't kill my execution lol

Edited by Gramas

The way reaVer said to do it is pretty much correct. 2D 236P D (you can press D early, it will buffer the action charge) FRC 66 5S -> air combo.

SV RC can be used if you're really desperate but I never found myself using it, most people prefer using Dead Angle to get out of pressure, HOS has a pretty good one.

SV is quite ok if your opponent will be attacking you with 'slow' normals and a reason to pick SV over DA attack is that if you hit it, you're out of pressure and you don't need to RC it anymore, saving you 50% tension. DA attack is good when people use safejumps, projectiles and what not to prevent the SV coming out but keeping what would normally be guaranteed pressure. For example, a moment to SV would be when Potemkin Hammerfalls and is trying to go for the potbuster vs 5S/Heat knuckle mixup (even if you don't hit it, it's still adding that guarding to his mixup, which is an option beneficial to you); and a moment to DAA would be in Eddie's Mawaru loop being used to give him mixup attempts.

If anything, I'd recommend you experiment with both yourself and see how you can make them work for you. One more things about this, if you RC SV, try to make sure you RC the second hit, as RCing the first hit sends you flying across the screen.

As for Inoue's combo, it's really just a load of bullshit from a technical standpoint. Not that you should never do them, but I wouldn't spend my time practicing them. This is just a combo he pulls out of his ass because he brainfarted on something real, which is still good, but not the best. I recommend spending your time focusing on the staple combos first.

OK after playing a bit I find myself always going for charging at max when I am at full screen and my opponent is comfortable at full screen too

I always go for 5k 5S/2S or 2k 5S hitconfirm into Rock it+followup if I have a level2,Is this wrong?The reward seems always good(and I know this is nerfed in +R lol)

Some times I go for autopilot normal XX bhb1/2/3 XX AC frc * X even on combos lol

anyways I love the character and the game overall is very good,I need to hitconfirm the 2D CH xx charge 2S 5H sjIAD combos more

Is there any reason after a j.HS CH to use the 2S 5H sjIAD combo over the dash 5k 5s 5h?maybe spacing wise?

and I don't know when I have to us fafnir....that move is weird lol

Edited by Gramas

OK after playing a bit I find myself always going for charging at max when I am at full screen and my opponent is comfortable at full screen too

I always go for 5k 5S/2S or 2k 5S hitconfirm into Rock it+followup if I have a level2,Is this wrong?The reward seems always good(and I know this is nerfed in +R lol)

Some times I go for autopilot normal XX bhb1/2/3 XX AC frc * X even on combos lol

anyways I love the character and the game overall is very good,I need to hitconfirm the 2D CH xx charge 2S 5H sjIAD combos more

Is there any reason after a j.HS CH to use the 2S 5H sjIAD combo over the dash 5k 5s 5h?maybe spacing wise?

and I don't know when I have to us fafnir....that move is weird lol

1- charging fullscreen isn't bad depending on matchup, sometimes you need to have that charge time, but characters like faust/potempkin will punish you for charging

2- sometimes you might wanna toss in a lv 2BHB so you can push them into the corner and keep your pressure up if they are getting wise about your oki game. you could also go for tick throws which will also bring them to the corner.

3- you don't need to frc lv 3 because the stagger is long enough, otherwise its fine. but you want to be judicious about your meter use, you don't know when you'll need to DP RC or lv 2 savage fang for punishing (its like instant in 1/0 frames or something so it will hit them if they aren't blocking when you cast it)

4- CH 2D can also be a charge cancel -> dash-> 5K-5S dloop (j.H/j.D in the corner) depending on the spacing so 2S 5H sjIAD combos aren't bad but remember about that

5- it is spacing, the closer you are the better chance you can get a dash 5K combo off. if you have 50% meter and you aren't sure of the spacing you can also go for 2 fafnirs and it will KD with respectable damage for an easy combo

6- fafnir is mainly a low mixup with very very good CH potential, i mainly use it for punishing or fishing for CHs. learn the moves that fafnir can punish (slidehead on pot if you're in range) and you'll know when to use the move

Sign in to follow this