Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RellyG

[Accent Core] Order-Sol General Discussion

Saw some Sanma matches where he did some interesting combos, hitting lvl2 BRP on airborne opponents allows for different followups in the corner like 2D > lvl2 Rock It, or Fafnir.

Is this AC or ACR?

Saw some Sanma matches where he did some interesting combos, hitting lvl2 BRP on airborne opponents allows for different followups in the corner like 2D > lvl2 Rock It, or Fafnir.
Maybe you shouldn't suggest comboing l2BRP into 2D, especially because l2BRP knockdown as it is. What is more interesting is that you can do stuff like l1GB AC FRC(to level 2) followed by jH-D,djH-D l2BRP 5S jH-D, djH-D l2BRP or similar.

WolfCrimson: It's ACR

reaVer: I'm just saying what I saw, remember that in ACR lvl2 Rock It also causes knockdown. As for that combo you posted, have you seen it done in a video? Has someone posted it on JBBS? Just curious, as it looks a bit too long to be reliable.

I think BRP causes slide in ACR+, so you can combo afterwards...

Also, I think gunblaze does crossup from the frontside, just not if done meaty. Are you sure reaver that it doesn't?

lvl2 BRP does cause slide, it's really short though. You usually can't follow it up unless the opponent is cornered, and if it's on a standing opponent, you typically seem to only get a 5K to land in time, and it's a tight link. That's why I posted what Sanma was doing, because it shows that on an airborne opponent, you have more time to land other hits. I don't know if the air version of lvl2 BRP causes slide, though, so reaVer's combo idea might not even be feasible in that case.

reaVer: I'm just saying what I saw, remember that in ACR lvl2 Rock It also causes knockdown. As for that combo you posted, have you seen it done in a video? Has someone posted it on JBBS? Just curious, as it looks a bit too long to be reliable.

And I'm saying that if you do that, you potentially waste 120% of your level guage to get like... a whopping 40 damage. The combo I posted I haven't seen yet, but it should be possible, keep in mind that this is just a special variant of the dustloop; one of which I think will reach the corner a bit better than the AC one.

All l2BRPs cause slide afaik. There's also one or two more frames added to the hitstun on 5H allowing you to combo 5H into l2BRP voiding the need for the IAD combo if you have the meter and with this I reckon that if you're in the right spot you could do something like a 2S5Hl2BRP loop (which has to be started from 2D or fafnir).

As for plain l2BRP in the corner, you can only followup with 5K-> w/e. But it remains wait and see, once we get the patch we'll definitely see what goes and what doesn't go.

From video observation, air version of lvl2 BRP doesn't cause slide down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5MeLmV02XU&t=2m25s

Also here's the combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5MeLmV02XU&t=16m36s

Damage isn't super high or anything, but at the range/positioning, it might have been the strongest thing available to him that would still give a hard knockdown.

OK, I need help on how to set up buttons on my arcade stick to play HOS effectively. Currently, I'm trying to play using the default arcade layout, which is:

K-S-H

P-X-D

I keep my thumb on P, index finger rested on K, middle finger for S and ring finger for H and D. Ofc with HOS charge cancelling and 2D is really important so D is important, but it's very difficult to use my ring finger for H and D, causing me to accidentally press the 2H instead of 2D alot and sometimes doing 214H (which is just plain 5H) instead of charge. Is there a special button layout that HOS players use?

OK, I need help on how to set up buttons on my arcade stick to play HOS effectively. Currently, I'm trying to play using the default arcade layout, which is:

K-S-H

P-X-D

I keep my thumb on P, index finger rested on K, middle finger for S and ring finger for H and D. Ofc with HOS charge cancelling and 2D is really important so D is important, but it's very difficult to use my ring finger for H and D, causing me to accidentally press the 2H instead of 2D alot and sometimes doing 214H (which is just plain 5H) instead of charge. Is there a special button layout that HOS players use?

Once you get used to the game you will find you have enough time to launch 5H 214D and double tap both moves. Just practice it, it's not that hard on timing or anything.

i didnt know where thread, so i chose this one

1: why can HOS stand FD slidehead anyway? (if anyone has a real reason on why it works besides 'it just does')

and 2: does it still work in +R?

1: Order Sol is off the ground when doing a standing faultless guard. The same way he is doing Rock it.

2. Yes.

Wrong on the second point, tested on the vita. OSol still gets hit by slidehead even if he's standing up and FDing.