Sign in to follow this  
RellyG

[Accent Core] Order-Sol General Discussion

I dunno if you have seen the Doppelganger CV but is 6P to lvl2 Gblaze really worth it other than for flash?

I saw that CV just recently, and I think the player is actually using lv3 GB, but because he's so close to the corner the 2nd and 3rd flames are bunched together.

What about changes to Rock It. TB posted it can't connect after 2D unless point blank. WTF ARC? I thought maybe its better to use his Force Break instead but if Sol can't combo into his maybe HOS can't either. I'm concerned that HOS might lose one of my favorite combos. What the hell then, use the force break as a starter then follow up with Rock It RC? Bullshit. That's fucking 75% tension for what could be a hell of a shitty combo. So what the hell is gonna happen to Rock It?

Whoa! AC HOS's charge is exceptionally faster compared to /. It looks like the flames only come out when he reaches another lvl in his meter, like an indicator or something. BHB's new animation and Fafnir FB also looks awesome.

That new wall clinging property after his throw also looks like it makes it easier for him to perform combos, which is sweet, since now there's no worry about the enemy going over his head(although it looks like it can be tech out of somewhat easily to balance things out). His far S also looks more useful compared to / since it looks like it can hit lower. I tend to get low poked out of /'s S since it always hit so high. I'm not going to say he's broken yet, since the game's been out for only a little while, but damn he is still looking crazy good.

FS told me he had heard of an interview where Daisuke said he purposely tried to make HOS into the strongest character in the game. It definitely shows. He is strong as fuck. kaqn does a corner combo off of the throw on Shadow's Eddie that looks like it did 35% damage or something.

It's great because we've been using the 'low tiered' version of HOS for a long time, which means we had to put more effort into winning. Now putting that kind of effort into the new HOS.... oh man my paints are going to get wet. [edit] Also, is there any word in on the timing for Dragon Install? The timing was strict as hell in AC, would be nice if they toned it down and made it abit more useful. Custom combo supers are really fun to do, but in slash it wasn't worth while at all... [edit2] Ok I just downloaded the last gamechariot vid, apparently you can combo into dragoninstall? TIME TO OWN SOME PEOPLE UP.

hos looks really good now...can seemingly combo off anything. and thank god for faster lvl 3(plus it's comboable). Hos is going to be a beast but for now...at least from 1st day stuff. Eddie and Faust seem way stronger.

He's not broken yet, kaqn can only charge because players try to zone him out. For example, take Dizzy, runs to the other side of the screen to setup her block pressure, kaqn charges and fucks her up. Robo-Ky, takes a hike, kaqn charges. Shadow, keeps the pressure on whenever possible, kaqn is nearly unable to charge... What I'm more postive about is that some of his normals actually seem to have lost their damage correction. And that damage on some has been upped. Though what I'm concerned about is that the j.S seems to reach further then j.HS and j.D, not sure how that will turn out in combos...

I don't see how you can sit there and say kaqn only charges cuz people zone him. That doesn't change the fact that charging is way faster AND you lose your charge gradually as opposed to all at once when you do a move. Case in point, watch him hit the Dizzy player with a level 3 Rock It, cancel the last hit into hj.S-HS-D -> Storm Viper and have the SV be a level 2 move. Absolutely wonderful.

I agree. Hos will get access to lvl 3 at least 3 times a round(at least thats how I plan on playing him ) and possibly more against zappa and potemkin.

watch him hit the Dizzy player with a level 3 Rock It, cancel the last hit into hj.S-HS-D -> Storm Viper and have the SV be a level 2 move. Absolutely wonderful.

I totally missed that the first time I watched. Damn, that is awesome! If Dizzy wasn't going to die from that lvl2 SV, kaqn could have probably done lvl2 BRP for knockdown. I can hardly wait to test out these new charge meter applications!

I don't get it the level 3 Rock it like pushes the meter to like borderline level 2. So the grey bit of the meter which you can see decreasing is still usable is it?

I wasn't saying he only charges on people trying to zone him, but he's barely been successful at obtaining l3 vs Shadow. And the difference in behavior is pretty much that Shadow kept rushing him down and the others didn't.

But again, that doesn't change the fact that getting charge is way easier in Accent Core. The Eddie thing is probably a matchup-specific deal. Unimportant Guy: Unfortunately, level 2 BRP no longer gives knockdown on air hit. You see it used several times in the Chariot vids by kaqn and it always gets teched. Sucks.

Yeah, saw it in the vs. Eddie matches just now. It can be tech out of really fast too...HOS has to be really low in the air when he pulls it off maybe. Still, that generally hurts his air game to lead to guaranteed knockdown. Oh well, regardless, HOS's AC tweaks are still vast inprovements over his debut in / so there might be better options over BRP lvl2 to be found. The game's only been out for two days.

For level 2, you will probably just use level 2 Storm Viper, since it still has a long untechable time after the third hit (although not completely) and does more damage than level 2 BRP.

Is it true that characters can now select between two different sets of colors by pressing the start button in AC? Or was that a rumor? I read it somewhere on the forum but can't remember where. I know /'s favored start color returns(although probably mapped to a different button), but does HOS have any other returning or all together new colors now?

Sign in to follow this