Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CSE] Lambda vs Jin

Matchup Ranking: 5-5

The Enemy's Assessment: [CSEX] Jin vs Lambda

Overview

Considering Jin's decrease in midscreen damage, I'd say this match up has finally tilted in Lambda's favor.

General Strategy

Good Tools For The Match Up

Things To Look Out For

5B: 5B...5B>2B...5B.......5B...2A>5B....5B>6A!......5B......5- Not really broken, but you better respect that mixup and learn to perfect block.

Conclusion

Will Update With Feedback

D them. If they are doing 236A or 236B on ground, you should jump the sword and D their approach. If they are becoming predictable with them, you can also IAD j2DD to punish the sword. They should never do 236C against you in neutral, but if they do, just get your CH 5D combo.

If that are doing to j.236C, you can 6DD to hit them and jump cancel to IB the sword. If you aren't in range to do that, then just avoid the sword by either ducking or jumping and Ding their approach.

Is there any luck in direct approaches?

He doesn't rush in after a sword i jumped over, only after i blocked one which gives him time to close the distance. And he has quite a lot of patience.

Problem is sometime after a few seconds i loose my calm and try to get the initiative which...doesn't end up well :P

I know i shouldn't really be doing this but these flying ice creams get very annoying

Any way to get aggressive in that matchup that doesn't results in my getting frozen, pushed to the corner and getting bodied?

He doesn't rush in after a sword i jumped over, only after i blocked one which gives him time to close the distance. And he has quite a lot of patience.

Problem is sometime after a few seconds i loose my calm and try to get the initiative which...doesn't end up well :P

I know i shouldn't really be doing this but these flying ice creams get very annoying

The problem with going head-on against Jin is that with his various DPs/Counters, and his overall options at close range make it difficult to get in on him.

However, if he's throwing out 236A/B, I would IAD over the Ice Sword and use J.2D>Crescent Saber. The reason why is because if you can react to his sword quickly enough, you'll hit him with J.2D before he can recover. Another reason is that after Crescent Saber, you can use Spike Chaser/Sickle Storm (Depending on the situation) to keep him right where you want him.

Also, keep in mind that against Jin, we still have an advantage at long-range, so don't be afraid to "Flex your zoning muscles" against him.

Any way to get aggressive in that matchup that doesn't results in my getting frozen, pushed to the corner and getting bodied?

In my experience, I find that the best time to be aggressive in this match up is either when you have Jin in Sickle Storm Okizeme, or when you have him in the corner.

I haven't played against a good Jin in quite some time, so some of the above information might not be completely correct. :sweatdrop:

The best solution would be to stop losing your calm and just wait it out. Assuming you either 1: aren't in range to punish them or 2: don't have the reaction time to do so, it would be best to just sit there and avoid/IB the swords. If you IB them, he won't have enough time to get close enough to pressure you (if he can, then you could have punished him throwing out the ice sword).

If you really want to be aggressive, just walk forward until you are in range to punish ice swords and then wait. If you throws one out, punish it. If he tries to approach, do what you normally do to stop his approaches. If he backs off, you walk forward again until he either moves forward, throws a sword or backs himself into a corner.

However, if he's throwing out 236A/B, I would IAD over the Ice Sword and use J.2D>Crescent Saber. The reason why is because if you can react to his sword quickly enough, you'll hit him with J.2D before he can recover. Another reason is that after Crescent Saber, you can use Spike Chaser/Sickle Storm (Depending on the situation) to keep him right where you want him.

If you really want to be aggressive, just walk forward until you are in range to punish ice swords and then wait. If you throws one out, punish it. If he tries to approach, do what you normally do to stop his approaches. If he backs off, you walk forward again until he either moves forward, throws a sword or backs himself into a corner.

I see, thanks for the advice, these seem perfect for my case

Will try to work on the keep calm thing also :D

Patience seems like a bad virtue to be missing when playing that charachter

I just get the lead and block low until he tries to jump>overhead me and nail him with another 2C, or 632146D him if he tries to unblockable 623D