Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CSE] Lambda vs Bang

Matchup Ranking: 4-6

The Enemy's Assessment: [CSEX] Bang vs Lambda

Overview

A bad match up for Lambda, and it only got worse. Bang is a highly mobile, mixup king. He's got every option available to rush Lambda down and the damage output to make her quake in her scissor boots. He's got double jump, double airdash, nails, bumpers, guardpoints with teleports, and the extremely threatening Fu-rin-ka-zan. The only things he doesn't have is a reversal move and a dependable anti-air- both of which belong to supers... void in a match where we avoid rushing him down, anyway.

General Strategy

Play smart and patiently. Defend the best you can and watch out for mixup game. Respond to his openings with good anti-airs like 5A/6A/2C and 3C as a good pressure stopper. Anytime you have the ability to deal pressure, make sure you have an escape plan via jump cancel or 236A, or a good confirm.

If you think you have a chance of winning the match and Bang is on the verge of getting all 4 seals, Burst out of it. You should always feel like you have a chance at winning, but there is urgency with preventing that Fu-rin-ka-zan. The mixup potential it gives him is insane.

Good Tools For The Match Up

Ummm....

6A

2C

214A/B/C

236A

Things To Look Out For

623C: This command grab is powerful. And with 50 Heat and the corner, can lead to a good 4~5k combo. Its only downfall is its range and its lack of combo ability...If he's doing a pressure string, he has to run up to do it successfully. If he's too far away or Lambda is in blockstun, this attack will whiff for an amazing 60+ frames of recovery.

j.623C: The aerial version of his command grab. This one is a bit scarier because he can pop this on you as soon as you aerial tech a combo. Don't fall into his trap... The best way to make sure you're safe is to note if he's used all of his airdashes, then aerial tech away.

Nails:

Guard Point Moves

5D: A great guardpoint, but also one of the hardest ones to time.

6D: The fastest guardpoint that comes out frame one. Sadly for him, it's also the one with the most startup. If he's guardpointing a non-D move, you can probably mash a fast normal to stop him.

2D: You're retreating and you do a j.2D. He does this and teleports under up to anti-air you.

j.D: If you're shooting a 6D/2D, and he catches it with this move, he can teleport and smack you.

50 Heat

Fu-rin-ka-zan (632146D + 4 Seals): Go to the next round.

Conclusion

Will Update With Feedback

How do I beat Bang? I was playing (and the name feels so appropriate) "STAYFREESCRUB" and bang just rapes sideways with nails. I'll upload the matches I saved to show you.

i find that 2c>3c works well against all guardpoints, esp since 2d, the guardpoint that quards everything till the first active frame can be hit by a low, and everything else gets interrupted by the multihit

2c antiair is a must, but other than than i dont know what else to say to help lambda out since i literally just faceroll and do whatever i want after air dnails and just get in there

yomi 6d is a bad idea though, i caught a ton of people guessing that i would iad towards them for a free fatal 3c

I could explain how to play against him but it probably wouldn't matter due to the fact that this is a very hard match up and there is no easy way out.

Heres a flowchart for the basics:

MATCH START

IAD Backwards

Did he throw nails?

--Yes--

Mash 5C to clash the nails and cancel into 4B just in case after. Repeat if 4B doesn't Land. Combo if it does.

--No--

5D

Bang Jumped: (Jump) 6D

Bang used drive: Dash Grab, or 6C

(Finish any combo with j.214D and 6D for your Oki)

Bang is putting pressure on you:

5/2A: Mash Backdash and be ready to grab Reject

5B: Block next attack High

Bang is in the air: Block next attack High

Nails: Backdash and be ready to grab reject

Anything Else: Block low.

This is just a basic flowchart, of course, and should only be used for netplay. If you are playing offline, I suggest you actually try as Netplay and offline's ~2 frame input time difference makes all the difference.

it's the same lol

6-4 in favor of bang :p

on a related note you could grab bang if he do guard point on wake-up on the Wheel oki

Some nice, useful tips for anyone facing Bang. The best way to win is of course, zoning. Bang is basically a rushdown character without an effective way to get into without nails, however, you can jump in specific ways to avoid them and make him waste nails. You want him wasting nails. Ever fight a Bang without nails before? Yeah, match-up becomes 5.5-4.5 (Lambda's favor) when he doesn't have them.

You can bait him a bit if need be. 214D is good for this. Do it. He does drive. You punish in several different ways. Be patient overall if you want to defeat a Bang. If you throw out drives blindly he can easily use that second air dash of his to punish you for it, so be careful of that.