Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CSE] Lambda vs Hakumen

Matchup Ranking: 50-50

The Enemy's Assessment: [CSEX] Hakumen vs Lambda

Overview

General Strategy

Have you ever been in a starring contest? That's what this match is going to be. It will be Lambda and Hakumen moving back and forth from mid-to-full screen away, controlling space amongst one another. Lambda will be throwing out swords every so often as to keep Hakumen on his toes and punish mistakes in approach/defense, meanwhile Hakumen is going to play the reactionary foil to this and use those openings to approach/cut projectiles.

To Be Continued

Good Tools For The Match Up

All D moves:

Crescent Saber (j.214D):

Things To Look Out For

Projectile Barrier:

Magatama (Heat):

(623A):

Conclusion

The victor of this match is truly determined by your patience and your reactionary skills. Don't get caught making a mistake, otherwise it may cost you the advantage, which in turn can cost you the entire match. Be patient...

Will Update With Feedback

Why are you guys so free to Mac? I don't think I've ever done that bad against him, outside of playing him after a month of not playing BB.

And how has Hakumen changed? Did his damage, corner carry or ability to get in get better or stay pretty much the same.

I haven't had the pleasure of playing him yet so I'm riding the Mac Hype Train. Am I cool now? >__<

You will always be cool in my heart.

I was kidding guys >.>

But seriously thought, just from my speculation I think it will be 55-45 for Lambda, 50-50 at worst. But hey that's just from what I have seeeeeen.

Why are you guys so free to Mac? I don't think I've ever done that bad against him, outside of playing him after a month of not playing BB.

And how has Hakumen changed? Did his damage, corner carry or ability to get in get better or stay pretty much the same.

That was you only after 1 month. But you have not taken into account that I'm always in that boat every time we play. ;p

I want to play you sometime again, but you're probably all rusty with Extend now so I wouldn't be able to see if my tactics are effective.

As for this matchup, his corner carry ability improved. However, I don't think it's enough to have a drastic effect on the matchup. Either way I'm looking forward to both sides analysis of it once they get their hands on it.

Does it? :3 That's one of the things that gives Haku the most trouble. You would probably have to start charging 4C way before you throw out 6D though, which means it could easily get baited.

Really? I doubt much has changed in the match up. Nothing so dynamic has happened to either character since Nu got frameraped and Hakumen got the projectile barrier. I'm going to list this as 50-50 for now since Hakumen got a bit better and Lambda got a bit worse.

If Lambda really got dominated so hard by Hakumen she'd have to be like D tier since he should be the one character aside from Tager that she should have the least trouble zoning.

I'm still trying to get my bearings back, (I also have a faulty Y button) but give me a holler, I'm startin' to FEEL IT AGAIN! I should be able to put up a decent fight.

And in my opinion, from what I've fought (mostly newbs and people trying to get back into the groove of things) not much has changed, here. It's still the same game as before, keep him out, and don't throw things out he can easily make a barrier out of of.

Same old same old.

6D (Whiff) over and over.

When your opponent starts 2Cing to try to bind them, nail him with a 4D or 665D to combo.

When haku starts dashing pick him up with 5D to do:, 5DD(Airhit)>236C

If he uses 623A to go through em, do a pizza wheel.

This matchup is still as simple as ever.