Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CSE] Lambda vs Hazama

Matchup Ranking: 4-6

The Enemy's Assessment: [CSEX] Hazama vs Lambda

Overview

Hazama is a versatile fighter. His drive allows him to shoot projectiles that he can then use to pull himself to that position. If anything, Hazama drive is reminiscent of our own. However, the problem with Hazama is: his drive can travel farther, in more directions, with more mobility than Lambda. Even his close range game is great compared to ours. Hazama outclasses Lambda in almost every regard... that is except one: Lambda is better at hitconfirming.

General Strategy

............................................................................. Run away and anti-air him when he approaches.

Good Tools For The Match Up

5A: Lambda needs all the anti-airs she can get... despite 5A not having upperbody invincibility, it is considerably faster than 6A/2C. With the speed that Hazama propels himself towards you at, he might land and block before for 6A/2C will come out.

6A:

2C:

Barrier Block (4AB): Hazama suffers from relatively low ranged normals, having to get close. Barrier blocking and perfect barrier blocking will push Hazama out of range so he will have to readjust.

Things To Look Out For

50 Heat

236236B: Hazama's signature move. 50 Heat section should usually come last... but this attack is so important to Hazama, his game literally depends on hitting with this. This super will lead to combos that involve Hazama dealing betweeen 4k~6k damage, generating almost all the Heat back in the process. Hazama deals fairly low damage outside of this super, it's important to keep it out.

6A: An overhead, can lead to his super.

(214D~A): A really fast overhead that can only be stopped by perfect blocking the attack prior to this and mashing 5A.

(236C): A fast command grab that will open Lambda up to Hazama's next attack. Even though the proration on this attack is big, this can still lead to good damage and massive Heat gain for Hazama.

Conclusion

Will Update With Feedback

Chains >>>> Swords

Hazama is still a dick.

Personally, I find being patient a better means of approaching Hazama. As mentioned before back in CS2, anticipate his moves, don't react because it's too late by then.

Rumor has it that 5A when he slingshots over is pretty good for stuffing his shit in. I'll have to look over that video again.

Do we happen to have anything faster than that guy's 2A?

I have the bad habbit of spamming 2B everytime i finish blocking a combo, and here against a friend of mine who uses 2A as a starter i get wrecked and blocking goes to waste :(

Instantblock anything possible

Wait for a hazama 214D~A(or C)

DP distortion>66A>j.5DD>dj.2DD>j.214D~C>j.2C>2DD>air swords>j.214D.

That will probably be your main damage against hazama if he does any of that.

Do we happen to have anything faster than that guy's 2A?

I have the bad habbit of spamming 2B everytime i finish blocking a combo, and here against a friend of mine who uses 2A as a starter i get wrecked and blocking goes to waste :(

Just barrier block. You can also jump or back dash in between gaps.

If he does 214D~A 5/6A works well. Just practice countering with it. 2B isn't good for poking out of pressure. Lambda's 2A is 8 frames and Hazama's is 6 frames, you shouldn't really attempt to poke out. Just find your opening of escape and make it happen. Barrier blocking/instant blocking/ instant barrier blocking will help. Try to mash less and you'll be fine.

And even though it's already been said, I think this should be said repeatedly, "HE HAS HOUTENJIN" so don't get stupid. Also, because even I tend to forget this, he also has other super so don't think you're 100% safe on the opposite side of the screen. Seriously, if I got a dollar for every time I 214D~C'd...

Ugh, I got destroyed by a Hazama online who seemed to know how to counter every option I had.

His opening was jump back, j.6DD>j.B. This countered opening 2D/IAD back j.6D/6D.

He even full screen snake dashed into an airgrab as soon as I leave the ground.

He knew the ins and outs of the entire matchup, including a sweetspot opening after a Burst that could avoid 6D/2D and get right back in.

I don't get destroyed or lose to many Hazama's online because they mostly assume they have a free in with their chains, when 5A easily counters it. For the better ones who know about 5/6A, you're basically stuck at playing rock, paper, scissors, with your reactions. It's hard to say what you can actually do to win, aside of being faster with your grab rejects. Though, if you're spot on with your swords/zoning, you can easily win. I guess, if anything, you need to adapt to the player at times like these since the rundowns only do so much.

That aside, my opening for Haz is usually a delayed IAD back, or something to react to what he's doing currently. I find that too many characters have much better openings than Lambda, and worse, they know what she will do, so delaying it seems like a good way to find out what they're going to do. That's just my take on it.

If you're getting CH'ed all the time, I suggest just trying to block instead. If you can see where he keeps on throwing his chains and CH'ing you, you should be able to work around it better.

A round, or even a match, is a small price to pay for better match-up experience. If you can record or save a match where you have trouble against a Hazama, watching it later should give you some ideas of what to work on.

Tried that. The thing is that I haven't got the faintest idea how Hazama's combos work and I do not want to let him get his mix-up game going by letting him get close.

The best I can do is use 236D~C and work from there.

His combo's? Unless he keeps on resetting you during his combo's, I don't think you have to worry too much about that.

I don't recommend 236D~C, since it's rather slow. 5A, 6A, 6D, j.D and j.2D are what I recommend for stuffing his approaches. It's not an easy match-up.

Tried that. The thing is that I haven't got the faintest idea how Hazama's combos work and I do not want to let him get his mix-up game going by letting him get close.

The best I can do is use 236D~C and work from there.

This matchup is a pain for Lambda but I would try to stay out of the range of his chains. You have to concentrate on the pattern of his chains.

While i use this with Mu, i think it should also work with lambda because they almost have the same a and b normals. 5a works surprisingly very well against his horizontal swing-in. It recovers fast enough to block incoming new chains incase he cancelled it and decided not to swing in, while it can be mashed to stop reckless horizontal jump ins

If he decides to use that stance (forgot it's name) mid combo as a pressure/block string, you can punish anything he throws except 236d b with (slightly dashed) 6a.

They normally can't handle corner pressure too well so if you can score a knockdown when he leaps towards you, you can easily bully them with your long reaching normals and pinwheels~ ufufufufuf