Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CSE] Lambda vs Lambda

This match-up is pretty open in that you can both pushdown and/or space with success. This is about as momentum-based a match-up can get, since Lambda doesn't have any sort of reversal without Heat.

At the start of the round, I think the 2 safest options are to either jump away or to backdash. A good offensive option would be to start the round with 3C, hoping for a CH 3C[3] > 236C/236D.

- Lambda's 5A hits a crouching Lambda, so it's useful for pressure.

- Lambda's also one of the characters that you can do 236C > 236D on, without the need of a Dash (eg. X > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > 236D).

- You can also do 236B > 5B > 6A without the need of a dash, in the corner.

- If the other Lambda doesn't have at least 50 Heat, then you can abuse staggered pressure (delaying gatlings or ending in 5B/2B, usually) to catch mashing.

- If Lambda does a far 3C > 236D for oki, you can usually backdash out of it.

- If she does a close 3C > 236D for oki (like in the corner), then you can dash and cancel into Barrier out of it sometimes.

- If 3C is blocked, and they lead into 236D/214D, you can punish it. If the Lambda does 3C > 236B and you block it, you can do a Dashing 5A to catch her mashing or begin pressure.

If you whiff a Drive, Lambda's one of the few characters who has the range to punish it. I don't recommend using 4D from full-screen in this match-up since it has minimal reward, too much recovery, and is easy to react to. If trying to approach Lambda, running and cancelling into Barrier is an effective and safe method of closing in. Running and cancelling into 2A or 2B also can low-profile Lambda's j.2D. 5D can cancel out 214D and 214D~C.

You can super flash buffer your own reversal if the opposing Lambda does 632146D. Your backdash and air backdash can be caught by 632146D if mistimed, so be careful if you're trying to bait it.

If a Lambda does a random 236236D, you can super flash buffer 236236D as well, with some, if not all, hits cancelling each other out. Or, if you're already in a good position (which means the other Lambda did a really bad 236236D), you usually can dash or air dash and punish her Legacy Edge in the blind-spot. If you can't do either, then just jump and block.

If you have to Burst at Lambda's air ender, then you have two options.

(1.) Burst at something like 6DD > 2DD > (burst) > j.DD whiff.

(2.) Burst at something like dj.DD > dj.2DD > (burst) > dj.632146D whiff.

The first is kinda hard to do, and doesn't always work. For the second option, make sure you burst a bit pre-emptively, so it's not too late. If you're the offensive player in option (2.), then you can do dj.DD > dj.2DD > RC > dj.DD > dj.2DD to bait and punish the burst. It's better if you have 100 Heat for the DD ender, of course. Having to burst against Lambda is a very bad position to be in...

A lot of these points are also applicable to most of Lambda's match-ups. A few good reads by any player will usually win them the round. It can be a frustrating match-up at times, but that also means you can frustrate the other player too.

This match-up is pretty open in that you can both pushdown and/or space with success. This is about as momentum-based a match-up can get, since Lambda doesn't have any sort of reversal without Heat.

At the start of the round, I think the 2 safest options are to either jump away or to backdash. A good offensive option would be to start the round with 3C, hoping for a CH 3C[3] > 236C/236D.

- Lambda's 5A hits a crouching Lambda, so it's useful for pressure.

- Lambda's also one of the characters that you can do 236C > 236D on, without the need of a Dash (eg. X > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > 236D).

- You can also do 236B > 5B > 6A without the need of a dash, in the corner.

If you whiff a Drive, Lambda's one of the few characters who has the range to punish it. I don't recommend using 4D from full-screen in this match-up since it has minimal reward, too much recovery, and is easy to react to.

A lot of these points are also applicable to most of Lambda's match-ups. A few good reads by any player will usually win them the round. It can be a frustrating match-up at times, but that also means you can frustrate the other player too.

I'm going to take it, this also applies to Mu as well.

More or less, yeah. Some of these are just general tips anyway. But I wouldn't exactly treat Mu like Lambda, of course. Before knockdown, I think Lambda is a lot more scary. I also think Lambda can punish better than Mu.