Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CSE] Lambda vs Mu

Matchup Ranking: 5-5

The Enemy's Assessment: [CSEX] Mu vs Lambda

Overview

General Strategy

Mu is at a disadvantage. Her normals and drive have considerably more start up than Lambda. Mu's main advantage comes from appropriate set up and range which trumps our own. You do not want to give Mu an opening to set up her steins. You give her that set up, you give her control of the match until you can hit her out of it.

Good Tools For The Match Up

5D: The best midscreen punisher of stein placement.

6D: The best aerial punisher of stein placement. Sadly for Mu, when she sets up a drive, her aerial mobility halts as to give us an easy target for us to hit.

4D: A questionably good fullscreen punisher of stein placement. Just make sure you don't throw this out too close... because Mu can dash forward as a bait and pencil you into 5k.

236C: An anti air that covers a lot of screen.

Things To Look Out For

Pencil... 6C: This attack has specific, but great startup and range.

214D: This isn't necessarily something to look out for. Mu can set this up against you in the corner for free pressure. Don't overlap with a stein, just incase Mu explodes them- they actually do a considerable amount of damage.

236D: If you hit Mu and this attack is coming at you, make sure you go into a jump cancellable move to escape Mu starting a CH combo on you.

Conclusion

Will Update With Feedback

Quite an irritating match up for Mu, if you ask me.

Advantages : (not many since I dont play Lambda cant offer that advice really)

- Lambda's drive is fast and dangerous for an inexperience Mu player that mindlessly throws her drive out there

- Lambda's ability to out-zone Mu is quite evident in this match up as long as you KEEP it to out-zoning her

--Powerful AA, spacing and neutral game can keep Mu from getting in any steins or normals

Watch-out-for

- Allowing Mu to get in on you can easily mean the end of the match. In fact this is often my priority, with ADV Mu oki I often lock-down any Lambda in corners.

- Allowing Mu to place the appropriate steins will destroy you, forcing you into a block string that will either : end with you at the ass end of an ass-kicking or push you into the corner (easily done via Charged Assault ) with few options. Her lasers stay on the screen longer than your Drive Swords and always seek you (TRY TO KEEP THIS IN MIND)

- Mu's Normals seem to beat out Lambda's quite harshly so tread cautiously -- dont mindlessly throw out your 5C/6C (@ midscreen) swords expecting Mu to run into them -- too many times Ive seen Lambda's pull this BS and its an easy 6C Fatal.

- BE WARY of sitting at full screen, Performing spike chaser or even DD pressure are likely to earn you a bomb or 6C in the face

- Most if not all of Mu's projectiles will render your drive swords useless if they clash leaving you @ a possible frame disadvantage '

- Mu's DP has level 3 guard point attribute which makes it immune to all throws/attacks/specials/DDs w/e and has an amazing tendency to clash with w/e

Matchup Ranking: Well I haven't played CSEX yet, but if its anything like the CS2 MU (which it looks to be that way) than its 50-50.

Overview: So this MU is a lot like the lambda vs Ragna MU IMO. The main difference is that Mu has projectiles. DO NOT THINK SHE CAN OUT ZONE YOU! Because she can't, do not let her set up steins wherever the hell she wants, you will regret it later on. If she starts to throw out steins all willy nilly just 6D or 2D (dash 6D/2D works as well) and CH her. I fine that this MU is one of the more stressful and hard to handle MU's that Lambda has just because Mu CAN force your hand. On the same token, Lambda can force Mu to do things she doesn't want to do as well. What I'm getting at is that you must be in control of this match or you will lose horribly (that of course goes for Mu as well). 236D Oki is very strong vs Mu because (as far as I know) she can't really do to much about it, plus as I said earlier, the person in control of the match will win, so naturally 236D oki goes well with being in control.

General Strategy: ZONE HER! Do not get into the corner against her, its a freaking nightmare. Its hard to summarize this MU just because of how diverse and awkward the situations you may find yourself in can be. You want to zone her, but then she spams steins, so you rush her down, then she rushes you down. Its so weird, you just have to find the nice middle ground in which shes trying to stop you from controlling the match rather than you trying to stop her from determining what happens next. Overall this MU is just a solid 50-50 MU between two vs close characters on the tier list.

Good Tools For The Match Up: 6D, 2D, 236D (oki), 5/2A. 6D and 2D are good AA tools used against Mu that work surprisingly well. I have already went over 236D oki a lot in the above. 5/2A keeps her locked down, which if your a lambda main you know how it feels to be locked down.:vbang:

Things To Look Out For: 6C (OMFGWTFBBQ DONT GET HIT BY 6C), exploding steins, 2B, and last and certainly not least... 2C!!! 6C... How to describe 6C... Its like being hit by a truck and then eating a ragna blood kain combo to the face (i'm exaggerating calm down). But seriously don't get his by a CH 6C, shit hurts so much. Exploding steins, Oh yes these should not be hitting you, but when they do they hurt like a bitch. This comes back to when I said not to let her place steins wherever the fuck she wants to, because these exploding bastards will bite you in the ass. 2B is what every Mu player uses to approach/poke. Its just an all around good move for her. 2C oh... my... god... 2C. That AA is soooooo godlike, it makes me want to cry my self to sleep. AND IT LEADS TO BIG DAMAGE!!!

Conclusion: Zone her. I didn't repeat anything (at least I don't think I did) of what Nemesis said because he covered most of it I just wanted to give my 2 cents about it and from the Lambda side of it. Now go read his post if you haven't already!

Last thing before I'm off, if you guys have any specific questions or situations just bring them up. As I said earlier its hard to summarize this MU just because of how awkward some of the situations can get (for both characters).

6C nets 7K midscreen in CS2. I dont think thats changed in CSEX.

4D is better if you are a full screen away because you can combo into 236C, and Mu can't see it coming. So 2D and 4D are the better 2 swords vs Mu while zoning.

But yeah. DON'T USE 5C UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU WILL HIT MU. Mu's 6C has better range. X_x

6C nets 7K midscreen in CS2. I dont think thats changed in CSEX.

4D is better if you are a full screen away because you can combo into 236C, and Mu can't see it coming. So 2D and 4D are the better 2 swords vs Mu while zoning.

But yeah. DON'T USE 5C UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU WILL HIT MU. Mu's 6C has better range. X_x

4d's startup has more indicators than the actual projectile, I at least know Lambda's summon animations well enough to pick out which one she's doing.

4d's startup has more indicators than the actual projectile, I at least know Lambda's summon animations well enough to pick out which one she's doing.

If you see 4D coming, what would you do? Avoid it and set up steins or something like dash forward and punish it?

If you see 4D coming, what would you do? Avoid it and set up steins or something like dash forward and punish it?

Slip forward and punish the recovery on whiff with dashing 2b.

You mean when you are in the air setting up a stein, i can whiff and you can get a 2B in from nearly a full screen away? =O I Never Knew.

I shoulda worded that better.

4D is better than 6D for punishing air steins, but on the ground, 5D tops all.

lulz I was wondering where all you guys got so much Lambda/Mu experience and then it hit me. :p

You mean when you are in the air setting up a stein, i can whiff and you can get a 2B in from nearly a full screen away? =O I Never Knew.

I shoulda worded that better.

4D is better than 6D for punishing air steins, but on the ground, 5D tops all.

Why? 6D combos into 236C as well and it is faster. There is no difference in the amount of damage they cause either.

I make a considerable point of not using air drive/specials in this matchup, it's just not a good idea.

My main stratagem against Lambda isn't much different than any other character v. Lambda; put her in a position where shes going to have to guess which approach option I'm taking, then capitalize on a whiffed sword, put her in the corner and kill her.

Why? 6D combos into 236C as well and it is faster. There is no difference in the amount of damage they cause either.

I never could get the 6D hit confirm into 236C, I haven't even seen anybody do it either, I know people say it works and I am not question its credibility but I was just wondering what was its secret

it could just be me not remembering how to play this game lol

I have a hard time doing as well. At least in mid match... I can do it in training mode but I find that its a lot more difficult to do where as 4D > 236C is a lot easier.

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

At this range, you are aiming to keep Mu from setting up steins by using your drive. Mu will most likely try to set up single steins to play it safe and eventually get you to whiff a sword so she can dash in or use her 236D/214D to force her way in. If she sets up a stein, you want to make her block a sword so the laser won't come out. 214D isn't that useful here since it lets her set up a stein and she can easily cancel it out. However, our drive is very powerful here and prevents Mu from easily getting momentum, making it hard for her to get close. Be careful about using 214D~C as Mu can dash 6C and FC you.

Medium Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

At this range, you generally need to watch out for her C moves. FC 6C deals ridicous damage (like 7K+) and She will be aiming to make you guess 5D/6D and punish your whiffed drive. You will either be aiming to punish her whiffing a move or setting up a stein or creating space. Your own dash 2B or 3C can be good for stuffing her 5C/6C if you think she will do them.

Don't try to fight Mu air to air if you are within her jC range. It is faster than our air drive moves and Mu has forever to pick up a combo from a CH and it will deal good damage.

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Her buttons are better than yours. Her 2A, 2B and 5B (which is like our 6B, except it has issues hitting crouchers) are faster. 5C can catch our backdash as well as if we are holding upback. Her AAs are good and her 2C in particular has a large hitbox and gives them an easy CH combo.

Offense and Defense

Her Offense

Moves that gatling into her overhead: 5A, 2A, 5B

Moves that can be jump canceled: 5A, 6A, 5B, 2C (on hit only), 3C

Mu will be mostly using stagger pressure. Very similar to what Lambda can do except safer. Her steins can be very annoying and the lasers can be used as frame traps to prevent you from mashing out and reset pressure. She can also use them to set-up crossups. Her overhead is safe and since both hits are overheads, you have to watch out for 6B[first hit] RC 2B. She can also do jump cancel > j2C for another quick overhead. She can convert from it with 50 meter or a CH. Otherwise, she will probably cancel in 236A to make it safe.

You will be doing the same as always. IB to make gaps and barrier block to make distance. Backdash is pretty good to escape Mu's A and B normals, though you have to be careful since she does have pokes with long range. You have to respect Mu's pressure when it is backed up by steins. Avoid 214D and 236D as much as you can.

Her Defense

The most noticeable thing here is her DP. It is different from all the other DPs in the game. Rather than being invincible, it is guard point. So safe jumps and meaties are useless against it. But it has short range and it tends to clash a lot, which is a good thing.

Her AAs are as good as yours and her pokes are faster so be careful or mashing and trying to reset your pressure with jump cancels. Her backdash is the same as Lambda's so deal with it accordingly. If you are pressuring her and a laser is coming at you, either throw her or jump cancel.

If you are too far away when you land 3C, Mu is able to backdash 236D on wake-up. She can also do a dashing 632146C on wake-up as well to beat 236D.

Frame Data: Advantageous, Disadvantageous, and Punishable Moves

Neutral/Advantageous Moves:

• 2B: 0
  • 63214C (Lv 3): +3
  • 63214C (Lv 4): +7
  • 214D: +40

Disadvantageous Moves:

• 5C: -4, can cancel into steins or special moves, can gatling into 6C if she is far enough away or 3C if close range, be careful
    • 6B: -1, can cancel into special moves, be careful
    • 6C: -27, can cancel into steins or special moves

Punishable Moves:

• 63214C (Lv 1): -10, space dependent, have to be pretty close
      • 63214C (Lv 2): -10, same as above
      • 623C: -27
      • 632146C: -32

Gimmicks and Resets

6B is two hits. Both of her 6B hits are overheads and each has 18 frames of blockstun. A popular thing for Mu to do is 6B (1st hit) RC 2B. This is gapless and pretty much turns any situation where you block the first hit of 6B and Mu has 50 heat into a 50-50 where you have to guess if she will RC and go low or just let the second hit of 6B go

Match Summary

Zone her. This is a momentum based match. Lambda's tools do very well against Mu near full screen since it stops Mu from freely setting up steins and Lambda can force Mu to block so the stein lasers don't come out. This makes it hard for Mu to start playing the way she likes to. However, if you mess up your neutral and Mu manages to get in and land a knockdown, you'll be hard pressed to get out due to her pressure (with steins) and oki being great.

Misc

[*]6C > 63214C can whiff if Mu is too far away. A good distance to remember is the distance between characters at the start of the round. If you are that far away when Mu makes you block 6C, then 63214C will whiff. Good Mu will cancel in steins. Bad Mu will let you CH 5D them when they whiff 63214C.

[*] Can follow up 236B in the corner with 5B and 5A

[*] Can do 236C > 236D with or without the dash

Discuss and let's see what's wrong with it