Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CSE] Lambda vs Rachel

Pay attention to her Wind bar. When she has Wind, she can approach you very quickly (and at awkward angles too, if she wants to), make her unsafe moves safe (with pumpkin), extend pressure and attempt hard-to-block mix-up, and avoid your oki.

It's important to note that Rachel's 5A and 5B are her only jump cancellable options, so look out for those if you expect her to do her instant overhead in a blockstring. If you're stuck blocking her frog or Tempest Dahlia, then she gets a free approach and mix-up. If you can, try to IB most of both. If she tries her ground overhead in a blockstring, you can usually mash out of it. Just be wary of her frog and pumpkin. She can hold onto her 3C to have more low hits connect, and it's not punishable, unless the later hits whiff, of course...

From about 3/4 of the screen away, you can punish a lot of Rachel's mistakes. You can super flash buffer Legacy Edge in reaction to a random Tempest Dahlia from around this range and further, too. If you're stuck up close, and the Rachel's fond of spamming her A Lobelia when you're in the corner, then you can IB and CH 3C[3] > 236D > Dashing 236A > Dashing 6C > 236C > 5C[1] > 6C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender.

Remember to use your Counter Assault every once in a while. Other than that, Barrier Blocking and IB'ing are very useful as always. Rachel has a reversal of sorts - her cat chair. It only has guardpoint starting from its 5th frame, though. You can Throw her out of it, if you're feeling brave. If, for example, you get caught doing a 4B that gets absorbed by cat chair's guard point, you can RC it and punish her.

Be careful about using Spike Chaser in this match-up. It's great at fullscreen, but at any other range, she can punish with a Lv.2 j.2C if you don't space it right. She can also do this if you screw up a TK and get 214D instead, like in a corner combo. So you may want to consider opting for easier combo's sometimes, if you don't want to risk dropping it and getting punished.

For Drives in this match-up, I recommend 6D, 2D, j.D, and j.2D.

236C > 236D works on her midscreen. You can OTG her (if she doesn't tech, for example) with 5DD and continue with 6DD or 236C. Throwing Rachel, even if it's a purple Throw, will destroy her pumpkin and frog.

Just a note since this happened to me yesterday and I've never seen it before. Even when Rachel does a bad burst in a typically burst safe combo, or if her burst gets baited, she can still use her wind while in the air to dodge the punish from an unsuspecting person below. It should probably be easier to adapt to this with Lambda, but since I was using Ragna at the time and was just waiting directly below her to fall, she got away the first time she did it. This could be pretty dangerous if Rachel manages to burst in what normally would be a burst safe combo, and then uses her wind to horizontally dodge an autopilot 2D/6D punish.

Yes, good catch. I forgot to mention that. She can control wherever she goes, so she can try to go through some blind spots. I don't think it'd work all the time if you're in a really good position, but sometimes she can wind down and escape 6DD, or wind towards you and escape 6DD and probably be at a frame advantage.