Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gosumog

[#r] #reload Johnny Discussion

imo johnnys signature move is when he continually coins for untechable mistblade against a wall. thing is i cant get a clear sight of what pros r doing in low quality-barely visable(the camera focuses on the opponent) johnny replays. im sure theres tons of notations for weight/distance but gimme an example for against ky what u can do as they fall .. what ive been trying and thought i have seen is (sometimes K) HS coin upperMF. and far slash, coin, upper MF but it rarely ever hits is there any staple way to hit a falling char with a coin -> MF like how i can almost always get K D ensenga after any launcher

The Mist Finer loop isn't exactly hard to do. Just to make sure, you have to be near the corner to do it. (At least, if I remember right) There's really no timing to it, it's all links. Whatever-(L2MFP xx Coin)x as much as you feel like. At least, that's how I did it, I don't think I ever used f.S in the combo. Something to note is that the person is 'falling on' the coin. The coin's thrown out pretty early, and then as soon as they fall on the coin, you L2MFP them again.

Yeah, it's basically upperMF2, then coin over and over again. Eventually you'll be pushed back and need to dash back in with a f.S or HS.

thanks guys, ill try it out... i swear in the Slash videos hes always HS or f.Sing, if possible is there a #R video u can link me too i would be so happy. i got a community to start playing a bit and i want to get people more interested, we play at a hobby shop with a bunch of HD screens and i know we could get more people into it if i could do JO juggles (all i needed was a makoto vs Niga vid 4 years ago, i dropped tekken 5 [which i played with team MN weekly] havent played since, for guilty gear just seeing JO do some juggles) sadly i cant consistantly do dbt~db FRC's and im the best player in our group =( but srsly, its my 21st bday, the vids could be a gift ya? ^^ *edit* u said u have to dash in when ur pushed too far back, so u dash > coin > mf2? or coin > dash > mf2 ps im well aware how pathetic i sound, im like some kid crying about EWGF frames (JUST PRACTICE!, and i do practice JO a lot). but this is my first 2d fighter and ive never had the pleasure of meeting a good player IRL.

The basic form of the MistFiner Loop is: coin, then HMF2, and repeat. During the combo, depending on your and your opponent's position on the stage, you may have to do variations of the basic form. Variations that I remember: ...HMF2, dash, Coin, HMF2... ...HMF2, dash, HS>Coin, HMF2... ...HMF2, Coin, dash, HS>HMF2... ...HMF2, Coin, dash, f.S>HMF2... .....and others I don't remember Not sure about that last one. I don't even have #reload anymore. It's literally been years since I've touched #reload, let alone did a MistFiner Loop (since you don't actually want to do the loop.) So when to do which variation, I can't help you with.

why the hell do they always tech out? ive posted about this a year ago before i lost my net. why in gods name is it so hard to hit the DBT~DB(FRC) after dash k hs (this is #Reload btw, on box) specifics PLEASE i need helpful details :D (everything u say i will test and learn from) oh btw is there some guaranteed juggles on every char off 6p on any height? is it like 6k where i just super jump, D, Ens on a height launch ps help me and i will be the white MSY =) im pretty good at poking but it doesnt even look cool without guaranteed juggles

I had the same problem when I was learning DB combos. You probably aren't doing the DB out of DBT fast enough. Pretty sure the usual j.K-S>j.K-S-D>Ensenga should work off a 6P at any height. You can just set the training dummy to jump and hammer out a few combos till one works. Be sure to also check it against other characters.

Just to regurgitate everything 4r5 said. K-HS-L2MFM-Dash-K(8)-HS-DBT-DBFRC-Air combo I forgot. And for 6K, unless you hit them airbourne, j.KS-dj.KSD-Ensenga is probably better than just sj.D-Ensenga. j.KS-dj.KSDE is probably the super universal combo that works on everyone. (Except Pot, except he's a monster, so let's forget he ever existed) If it helps, there should be a video in some other thread here that tells you how to do what you're thinking of. It's the exact same thing you're asking, ignoring everything that involves Jackhound.

is there some distance regulation, if im more than half my blade away from them is the alternate combo just dash > hs > coin > dash > k > far slash? when do i know, any other alternates? and i finally did a coin loop in game ^^; got a rise out of my friend who had never seen it and who was the victim. i can see how the loop is pointless, you just start it then u should go into IAD k d E right?

Yeah, you gotta be close enough that the fastest executed DBT>DB won't whiff. There's a tad bit of leeway, depending. Yeah, just do enough of the loop to setup the positioning for a: coin, iad.K-S-D>1-hit coin, DBT>DB(frc), combo, to 1-hit or whatever else you come up with.

TBH, there's really no point to this. I don't think that would be worth it for either unless you were really that close to offing somebody. Both 6P and 6K prorate, and wasting 50% tension for JUST another Ensenga is not worth it.

Just to add to that...I found that back during late XX/early #R when I was missing DB it was from hitting characters too high with 5K. Make sure they drop as low as possible generally before you use it or the DB will whiff no matter how quickly you do it. It's also character specific. For example, hitting Sol with DBT->DB is far more precise and annoying...and you have to get a feel for your max distance on it too. I'd reccomend starting with easy characters like Dizzy, Slayer, and Chipp.

ya that became obvious, they float super high if 5k is off. watching some reps i see db(frc) , d, e when do i know when to omit the kick? (this is probably a more general question having to do with how jo's air moves float and where they hit, so specifics would be appreciated) =] and DC against a wall does bacchus oki, 2s>MF2, dash, HS (no kick, was this for better prorate? he proceeded to dbt>db frc and just dust, then jump after hitting the ground for something like p k s s hs d e (vs may in battle opera or w/e she made a full HP comeback from like 5%)

and DC against a wall does bacchus oki, 2s>MF2, dash, HS (no kick, was this for better prorate? he proceeded to dbt>db frc and just dust, then jump after hitting the ground for something like p k s s hs d e (vs may in battle opera or w/e she made a full HP comeback from like 5%)

I never played #R, so I can't be certain of why he did it, but I thought I'd take a crack anyway. Omitting the 5K isn't for better proration, since 5K doesn't prorate, I think, and furthermore I'm almost certain that it doesn't *force* proration. So here is why I think he didn't put that 5K in: The 5K would put May too high in the air, just like how the 5K puts the opponent too high sometimes in a DBT-DB combo. If he put the 5K in, I think that May will be high enough in the air after the DBFRC-j.D that she can tech out, and Johnny can't continue the combo if he lands first, and then jumps up to proceed like DC did. To hit someone with a j.D and try to land, then jump into the rest of a combo requires you and the opponent to be somewhat low to the ground so that Johnny has time to land and then jump back in while the opponent is bouncing off the wall.

what do i do when i hit mf2 too far to dash, k, hs, dbt~db(frc). looks like theres alternates but something like coin dash f.s (all i know is the object was to get another coin and add guaranteed hits). also, is there non-coin alternates that do more dmg at the clutch? that would be hawt btw admin here is cool, in other forums my #R stuff gets deleted (JO = style = cool admin ^^)

roar, couldnt play for a week when i posted this. came back and finished the first match with it w no practice ^^ btw im still wondering why pros omit moves after the FRC (such as k,s or s but always include D,En) same DC vid =P watched that clip too many times. btw when do i know i can bacchus oki? also, whats the oki in general like in this game. i dont see pros aggro vs grounded opponents much so i assume they have some bad frame disadvantage (#R)

Sorry, can't offer you much help with this one. You're stretching the limits of my memory. Coin, dash, f.S>etc; sounds about right. If you can do that, you could probably do Coin, dash, HS>DBT>DB(frc), etc; though that might maybe be char specific or maybe just really tight timing. I kinda remember MMF2, 6HS>something, something. Fool around in training mode, you'll figure something out. Or at the very least, build up some execution.

btw admin here is cool, in other forums my #R stuff gets deleted (JO = style = cool admin ^^)

Thank you, I do think I'm a pretty cool (and rad) guy. In all honesty, I'm mighty tempted to merge this thread with your previous #r DB-Combo thread, they're both practically the same topic. But the last time I tried doing something like that, the guy seemed to of got pretty upset (I think, shrug, internet) and didn't understand what I was trying to do. So now I just let things run their course and wait for passions to run cold and forgotten, before I go moving and merging posts. And I would never deleted posts. The forum's boogie man does enough book burning, I don't think I need to add to the fire.

I didnt see this til now, kinda late but: DC didn't put the 5K in for 3 reasons. 1. Distancing, he didn't want more pushback in the corner, 2. Height. May is really light and hitting her too high with 5K 5H limits your combo options becaaauusee... 3. He didn't plan to jump install anything because he was going to do random air poke->falling D->rejump combo...or according to you just falling D in this case, so there was no point in him adding in the kick. Generally the rejump combos did slightly more damage than just jump installing as well.

this game is so nuts. johnny is so nuts. to think they do this off instinct/visual timing am i lame for putting dbt~db(frc) as my cell backdrop ^^

noob question, but what is DBT? and MF2M means Mist Finer mid (246+K), at Level 2?:psyduck:

DBT stands for Divine Blade Transport, the ground special move where Johnny leaps forward 623S.

Do not mistake it for DB, the pillar of flame part. DB can be done in two different ways : either as a follow-up of DBT (input S during DBT) or plain DB midair version (in the air : 236S).

To avoid confusion, DB as a follow-up is often noted as DBT~DB

If you have further questions concerning notations and such, I suggest you read the

-> "Forum Rules/Johnny FAQ, read here before posting!" topic <-

Happy reading and exploring the depths of Johnny's gameplay.