Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gosumog

[#r] #reload Johnny Discussion

Except for the basic stuff, AC Johnny is very different from all the other Johnnies. What you see here is what we got. Alot of of pre-AC information was lost in the transitions form gamecombos.com to romancancel.com to dustloop.com. Along with random forum purges. Back then, a few of the knowledgeable Johnny players here also sometimes cruised and answered questions on the gamefaq forums. So you might be able to find stuff there, but the discussion there never got too advanced. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I'm trying to learn Johnny and I've got all his special moves down and now want to learn some basic combos an maybe a couple more complicated combos. Also, character specific combos for Potemkin, the person I play most often uses Potemkin :P

Wait, was that a question, or did you just want to talk about yourself?

sorry, too much school work. no time to spoon feed ya. I'm sure I must of answered this exact question 3 or 4 times already, so just look around, if you can't wait till next weekend

...MMF2/LMF2, dash, K(ji)-HS>DBT>DB(frc), K-S>dj.S-HS-D>Ensenga

is the basic combo

That would be his basic combo, after you learn this one just improvise it to fit your needs.

...MMF2/LMF2, dash, K(ji)-HS>DBT>DB(frc), K-S>dj.S-HS-D>Ensenga

is the basic combo

something bugs me about that combo, its the dash, K(ji)-HS part. Problem is when i dash in to K it doesnt always work, hell it works 50% of the time.

Is the timing very strict? weight/char specific? or distance specific?(well i kinda guess if their too close or too far you wont need it but at mid i'm not sure)

Also, you have any Knockdown combos(I.E ending in a DB), say you want to keep someone in the corner instead of ending with techable ensenga, as my 1hit set ups are slacking big time

Timing is a bit strict. It's easier off a LMF2 (doesn't knockback as far) and lighter characters. Sometimes it's impossible of a MMF2. But LMF2 should work on nearly everyone but Robo and Potemkin, who you modify with a 2P-K(ji)-HS. DB doesn't knockdown in #r, so most knockdown combos are going to involve 1-hits or leveled Mistfiners. I'm going off by memory, so I'll doublecheck everything latter and get back to ya.

Question: In #R can Johnny MC his 2D? I played a little after not touching #R in almost a year, and I was doing all of these things I could do in AC that I'm pretty sure don't work in #R...I just need verification of this.

pre-ac, johnny can mc everything but 6K, 2HS, and 5D ac, johnny can mc everything but 2HS, and 5D

pre-ac, johnny can mc everything but 6K, 2HS, and 5D

ac, johnny can mc everything but 2HS, and 5D

I see. I guess my timing for it was off because in all the fights I had last night I tried to MC 2D but it didn't work. Probably was due to lag.

Goddammit AC needs online play already so I can stop playing #R!

Well, got a feq questions, example You hit with a DB FRC,you can: s, Ensenga jk, jD (what do I do from here? dunno if I can do a combo) In the corner, TK Ensenga, RC, 66, jk, Jd, Ensenga (1hit or go for damage) (im sure from this point on theres another combo i could try) you guys remember any of johnnys OTG stuff. johnny OTG combos and traps, ive picked up a few in the corner where I can airgrab and reset and techs, but I still dont know any OTG stuff:S What im really asking it variations to the combos, or whole new ones. ALSO whats his dustcombo? I normally just do JD, JD, jp, jk, js, JD, Ensenga

You hit with a DB FRC,you can: s, Ensenga

jk, jD (what do I do from here? dunno if I can do a combo)

What you get from an air DB(frc) depends alot on where they were when they got hit and where you were when you hit them. You can lay down more DB(frc)'s if you need to adjust the positionings.

You can almost always get some variation, or truncation, of the standard BnB aircombo.

Off a j.D, there are a lot more potentail followups, depending on the positioning, of course.

If you're both low and you get a near wallbounce, you can tag 'em with a c.S or 6P and continue with a BnB aircombo. If you got a Lvl2, you can HS or 6HS into a MistFiner combo. Midscreen, if you tag them with the j.D real low to the ground, you can nail 'em with a MMF2, or a MSDJH, or Super.

In the corner, TK Ensenga, RC, 66, jk, Jd, Ensenga (1hit or go for damage)

(im sure from this point on theres another combo i could try)

You can omite the last Ensenga and attempt the followups that I mention above.

you guys remember any of johnnys OTG stuff.

johnny OTG combos and traps, ive picked up a few in the corner where I can airgrab and reset and techs, but I still dont know any OTG stuff:S

You want OTG followups off of specific setups, or just general OTG stuff? I'll tell you the general stuff now, since it's real simple. You just jab them OTG with something that recovers fast, then you watch where they decide to go (if anywhere) and followup accordingly.

What im really asking it variations to the combos, or whole new ones. ALSO whats his dustcombo?

I normally just do JD, JD, jp, jk, js, JD, Ensenga

Sorry, can't help much here. It's not an area where I've put a lot of work. People shouldn't be getting hit by Dusts anyways.

I just do j.HS-D, then follow up with a BnB. It hits hard enough to make people want to worry about the Dust, and it looks weird enough that it makes unfamiliar people want to burst out of fear of something ridicules.

How you followup depends on how close you are when you hit them with the Dust. j.HS-D is also an ImpossibleDust when done right.

Hmm, funny enough, I never ever tried 6p or c.s after the Dust on TK ensenga:vbang: And yea, I guess only reason Dust works is because I play relold on-line. The OTG stuff wasn't specific but just general. Think im gonna look for a few matches on youtube to get some ideas of some stuff. its a shame as when I do play AC he's easier to use but I really struggle with him.

4r5, you forgot to mention that Johnny can combo 6k off a really low j.d (even midscreen)