shtkn

Dustloop wiki feedback thread

I don't know if it just me but, on the wiki sidebar I am unable to open/close any of the drop down menus. They will do so for a split second and then close/open up right after. This makes looking into the past/future games pages slightly annoying, so I just wanted to let you all know in case it isn't just me. If it is just me and my browser (on Chrome) then you all can disregard this. 

yes, i've noticed that problem too, but was unable to fix it. anyone with advice, please reach out to me!

edit: got it fixed!

should we be updating the wiki with 1.1 changes? there isn't going to be a new wiki for 1.1 right, so yes?

correct, but as far as i know, no official frame data for 1.1 was released correct? i would also like to save off the 1.0 data for archival purposes on the wiki as well.

In a sense we have the most official frame data we've ever had because the actual company listed frame data changes.

Outside of that tho we have nothing.

I haven't touched anything because I haven't known what the situation has been. But there are changes we can make.. The universal jump attack proration changes, each of the individual changes for each char, etc.

Or hidden nerfs or things people have found it. Rachel's lotus is an F starter in 1.1, the frame data says N. Mook might have been wrong or it might have been a hidden nerf.

If it were pre 1.1 I might've just updated it. etc.

yeah, i'm going to make a copy of hte 1.0 stuff we've got on the wiki tonight. need to find a tool that will copy pages including their revision history.

feel free to start updating to 1.10 tomorrow.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Aigis_(P4AU)#Move_List

experimenting with giving each move an editable section. let me know what you think

pros:

*easier to edit individual moves

cons:

*forced to disable table of contents for items level 3 and lower

unsure:

*extra vertical space between moves

There are lots of characters that have literally no move information on the P4U wiki, like Naoto. I'm considering just copy-pasting the P4A info so that there is something on the wiki, rather than nothing. I'm aware that some of the information will be wrong, but the wiki is a crucial resource for players learning the game. It's not like the Naoto forum is dead, either.

I personally have updated the wiki when I felt like I understood the character well enough to explain the uses of moves, but I don't have enough experience with enough characters to update lots of the wiki responsibly. Would the best approach probably be to just ask each forum directly to post a quick rundown of their character's moves and their uses?

There are lots of characters that have literally no move information on the P4U wiki, like Naoto. I'm considering just copy-pasting the P4A info so that there is something on the wiki, rather than nothing. I'm aware that some of the information will be wrong, but the wiki is a crucial resource for players learning the game. It's not like the Naoto forum is dead, either.

I personally have updated the wiki when I felt like I understood the character well enough to explain the uses of moves, but I don't have enough experience with enough characters to update lots of the wiki responsibly. Would the best approach probably be to just ask each forum directly to post a quick rundown of their character's moves and their uses?

I don't think copying inaccurate info is going to help. Start a wiki thread for the character, maybe? It's how we got Ken's done relatively quickly (that and Skype chat) -- VR and I kind of coordinated who'd write what, I wrote a lot of base text that's he's since (praise Jesus) touched up to note the finer points. Some characters had great wiki write-ups along with not-so-overwhelming changes (see: Narukami); others are just going to need more effort. It's not like the P4A wiki was built in a day. And it doesn't help that several characters don't have frame data. Not sure how high the level of interest is in fully completing the wiki... I'm trying my best to patch in Shabrys and Aigis.

Regarding the wiki as a whole, I've already had to take out erroneous transfers from the P4A wiki (Shabrys does not have a high-low unblockable any longer, for example), and then there's stupidity that's floating around -- Liz's playstyle is described as "boss character." I feel like I lose enough time taking out things that are wrong, sometimes repeatedly. :vbang: If only for my own sanity (GODDAMNIT I ALREADY TOOK THIS OUT STOP ADDING IT BACK I TOLD YOU NOT TO), I think limited to no info is better than incorrect notes from just copying over P4A data, particularly since there's no guarantee newer players will check frequently and see revisions.

Ultimax query: for moves that have remained the same from Arena to Ultimax, should we link the Arena hitbox images and/or copy those pages and rename them for Ultimax? I'm referring to moves such as Labrys's and Shadow Labrys's 2B, Aigis's Mode Change and j.C, for example -- Shadow Labrys's start-up and recovery on 2B changed, but not the hitbox; Aigis's j.C is still Jesus, as Anne would say, etc.

I know we don't even have full sprite sets for some characters, but for moves with identical hitboxes and hurtboxes between games, is there any reason not to add that data to the Ultimax wiki?

it's hard to say what moves have the same hitboxes from arena -> ultimax -> ultimax 2.0 as differences can be subtle. I don't want to show false information, so for now, i think we shouldn't link hitboxes from previous games, even if you think they are the same.

Fair enough. It's a fine line.

Here's hoping 2.x means official frame data for some characters and that we eventually get those last few sprites.

(I guess this is the right place to post this, apologies if not)

I get the reasoning for replacing XRD -Sign- with Revelator on the main page list, but Revelator is also still listed under upcoming games, and over the next couple of months in the interim to the full release, a decent chunk of the XRD population is still playing sign (Everyone who doesn't have a PS4, which is a lot), and yet all the information for the game is now really difficult to find from the main page.

Perhaps Sign could be added to the list of games under the top line (the group containing AH, BF, ACPR etc.)?