shtkn

Dustloop wiki feedback thread

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki

if you have any suggestions about the layout, content, etc. please let us know here.

Anyone can edit the wiki, even without an account. You will have to answer an anti-bot question, and your IP will be recorded.

if you'd like to get an account (so you can stop answering anti-bot questions), please contact the staff and include your desired name and email address.

You should seriously bring this whole forum section higher.

my thought was to keep the administrative stuff out of the way for hte most part. that's why i kept it at the bottom. why do you think it hsould be higher?

as for colors... maybe someday if i have any spare time (yeah right). if anyone out there has experience in changing wiki skin stuff (probably just css and knowing what exact values to change), please pm me.

So it's easier to see. A lot of people don't like to search, so they'll probably waste some of your well spent server space making a new thread in BBG or something.

Do you think the Frame Data template should include Guard Attributes (High, Low, Air)? If so, I'll take the liberty of editing it as well as adjusting it for each character page.

it used to be, but in an effort to make it cleaner we removed it.

i will be porting the full frame data pages for bb/gg onto the wiki when i get a free day to write some scripting stuff

it used to be, but in an effort to make it cleaner we removed it.

i will be porting the full frame data pages for bb/gg onto the wiki when i get a free day to write some scripting stuff

I started working on the Bang wiki and in regards to the frame data stuff, what "format" should I be using as of now?

When I first went to the page the template frame data has,

"Attack Data-BB" which includes (Damage/Heat Gain/P1/P2/Start up/Active/Recovery/FrameAdv/Hitbox).

As I was working on it I've been looking at other character pages to get example "templates" and Valkenhayn for instance has the frame data as

"Attack Data-BBCS2" which includes (Damage/P1/P2/Guard/AtkLevel/Startup/Active/Recovery/Frame Adv./Untech/Hitbox)

As it is now the Bang page's frame data was all just put in as a template so none of the data is correct (it's all the same) and is just a placeholder. But since I've been working on it now, I was wondering which one of those should I be using? I would assume the "BBCS2" one since it has Guard while the other has Heat Gain which isn't as important I guess.

Or should I hold off on even messing with the frame data until we possibly get the up to date Extend frame data?

go with "Attack Data-BB"

(the shorter one)

you don't need to worry about it too much since i'm not sure what values will change once we get frame data

I wanted to talk a little about what can or can't be added to the Wiki pages, since I was told they all should be consistent and follow the same format and no page should have anything the other pages don't.

Before I knew that we were supposed to make all pages look the same, I thought it'd be a nice extra touch to include a small section showing Bang's colors. It's obviously not important to gameplay but it wasn't like it took away from the purpose of the Wiki page, and it added a little more to it. I remember checking out the SRK 3S Wiki and on Ken's page (maybe others), they had a picture showing his colors as well, so I thought that'd be something I'd add to Bang's page. But since other characters didn't have anything for Colors I was told to remove it, even though we probably have all the characters colors available.

Another thing I added was Bang's "profile". Again it's not gameplay related, but it's just extra content that is apart of the game and adds to the characters. I removed this as well for the same overall reason. But would it be possible to add a section/table under the character's big picture to put the character's profile? If you look at athlete's pages on Wikipedia you see that they usually have their "Personal Information" on the right-hand side under the picture. It's not like we don't have this information available that we can't put it for all of them.

The other sub sections I removed were "Tutorial Videos" under the "Strategy" section and "Combo Videos" under the "Combos" section. Other characters didn't have these as well so I figured I had to remove them. I have seen some pages with videos in them but they were just put into the already made sections so I guess I could still do that. The Combo Video section again was something I thought I'd add just for added content.

Also, should we have a Match-Ups section on the character pages eventually? It was something else I thought about adding but didn't get around to it, then I was told about the pages thing so I didn't bother.

I was looking at the Wiki as a way to have comprehensive information about the game/characters without having to look through forums. So that's why I was adding things that I thought were relevant to making them as "complete" and in-depth as possible. But this was before I knew all pages needed to stay the same.

Just thought I'd ask before doing anything else.

i thought chars did have a small profile?

i'm fine with videos if they're relevant. it's not like we're guaranteed that every char will have tutorial/bnb/strategy videos

as for colors... i dunno, i'm pretty meh on the matter.

maybe it's time to look into splitting char pages into multiple pages

i thought chars did have a small profile?

i'm fine with videos if they're relevant. it's not like we're guaranteed that every char will have tutorial/bnb/strategy videos

as for colors... i dunno, i'm pretty meh on the matter.

maybe it's time to look into splitting char pages into multiple pages

I actually meant the arbitrary small profile from like the CT Artbook or I guess now from the Materials Collection info since I think it is a better resource, more accurate and updated. Stuff that's listed like Height, Weight, Hobbies, Likes, Dislikes. Obviously it isn't "needed", but I originally put Bang's just cause it was "character info" but instead removed it and just redid the small description like the other characters as I was asked.

I wasn't sure how hard it would be to get it to look like it does on the right side of Wikipedia for other stuff like that.

Like how this is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryu_%28Street_Fighter%29

Not saying we have to include ALL that information, but maybe just the "story related" stuff that's given to us. Although Voice Actor stuff might be nice cause some people are into that kinda stuff.

I don't know though, like I said I was just trying to put extra little touches on Bang's at least before I was told otherwise and changed it.

our goal is more about competitive gameplay, and there's already bb/gg wikis for storyline stuff on wikia (and probably other places as well).

as for videos, try putting them in a collapsed table. see the tsubaki section for an example.

You could put it in a table underneath the character portrait, but I'd say at most a short paragraph describing the character in the story is all that is needed for that. For GG we have the PWAB reports, I don't know if BB has an equivalent.

remembering what iplaywinner did in some youtube video, maybe each character can have a small video of some combos preformed by top players, mainly 3

1st: stander BnB combo

2nd: one that's a little trickier but still possibly

3rd:one that is impractical and just looks cool/ a practical combo that takes a lot of effort to learn

Example:

that seems okay.....right?

Edited by E3vE3 WAZ HEA

I noticed you exported the frame data to the GG character pages. I figured the frame data was fine where it was, and the wiki should be more about strategy. If there's a specific direction you wanna take the character pages, you should let the authors know so we don't end up copy-pasting our old shit back on there. :P

i moved the frame data there since it should be easier to maintain in the future if corrections need to be made or if the format should be changed.

the goal of the wiki is to move the character guides and whatnot there in a format that is not intimidating for newbies who don't want to navigate the forums as well as being easier for everyone to maintain since it's generally easier to edit a wiki than to edit html. we're trying to keep the format consistent between characters to make it easier to read, but suggestions are welcomed.

i'm eventually going to remove the link to the frame data section since it will be rendered redundant.

Well, I really like the idea of having a paragraph or so of analysis for each normal, and I think most people prefer guides to be written that way. There really aren't any provisions for that in the current layout, though.

Oh, so it's ok to break up the tables like that. Alright then.

Oh, one more thing; where can I find the attack animation gifs? Or do you have them just ready to go when the page is otherwise complete?

ppl have been finding sprites for them and adding them themselves; you can probably find them all in zepp museum. i have them all somehwere on my comp. i made a few bb char's pages since no one was working on them

gg has a problem in that i couldn't find any ggac sprite rips, just slash ones. hence i couldn't add stuff like ky's new 6H and lightning strike

Hey Shtkn.

I'm having a problem linking with Valkenhayn's html links with wolf attacks. The fact that it requires the [w] is where the problem arises. For instance, when I place [w]5A for the link, it provides an unintentional. I tried using it without the brackets, and I get forbidden pages. Can you tell me how to go about this please?

Sorry for the previous post :v

Edit: I was tampering with stuff more and I found out that by placing '%5bw%5d5A', it works. Odd really.

Edited by Kiba

91; = [

93; = ]

(remove space between # and 9)

91;w 93;

(remove spaces between # and 9)

will equate to [w]

going to convert these to something less annoying once we get extend hitbox data

edit: oh that works too? interesting.