Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CSE] Litchi Faye Ling - Combo Thread

I'm Somewhat new to this game (in technical terms. I never played BB serious when I first knew about it during CT.) and the FGC in general. I know a couple of basic beginner things. I'm just wondering exactly what Litchi's BnB would be as of CEX? I'm pretty sure once I know that I can take off from there.

I'm Somewhat new to this game (in technical terms. I never played BB serious when I first knew about it during CT.) and the FGC in general. I know a couple of basic beginner things. I'm just wondering exactly what Litchi's BnB would be as of CEX? I'm pretty sure once I know that I can take off from there.

EXTREAMLY BASIC

with staff:

5b[m] 2c[m] 5c[m] tsubain haku hatsu chun (timing after tsubain is a bit strict, but its easy once you get it)

w/o staff:

5b 6b 5c 2c 3c haku hatsu chun

these are really basic, i started off with litchi only using the staffless combo and now ive gotten a lot better, trust me put in enugh effort and she'll become a monster in your hands

these are really basic, i started off with litchi only using the staffless combo and now ive gotten a lot better, trust me put in enugh effort and she'll become a monster in your hands

I appreciate the help. I enjoy litchi's playstyle and her obvious assets. I think I can pull it off with enough practice indeed.

Thanks a lot

I appreciate the help. I enjoy litchi's playstyle and her obvious assets. I think I can pull it off with enough practice indeed.

Thanks a lot

no problem everyone has to start somewhere im just giving a helping hand

Maybe the easiest possible "complete" corner combo would look something like this...

5B[m] 2C[m] 6D Hatsu Haku Chuun Haku Hatsu Riichi A Ippatsu A Tanki Hatsu 5D Chuun 6D 5B 6C(1) 4kote j.B dj.BCD falling j.C 6A

If you're feeling more adventurous you may want to give that a shot. The ending is a bit challenging if you've never done it before but other than that, the combo is mostly just long; the timing is not strict.

Corner 2A starter to Crossunder 3C~

2A > 5B[m] > 2C > 6D > Hatsu > Haku > Chun > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > Ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu > 5D (slight hold) > Chun > 6D > Crossunder 2C > 2D > dash j.Hatsu > j.Chun > staff2 > 6C > dash 6D > 3C

Damage: 3215

Meter: 62

Point: Hit with 2C while they are high. There are some characters where the crossunder doesn't work if you hit while they're low.

I'm trying to do this combo, and I have two questions.

Does the crossunder 2C happen automatically? As in, do you have to buffer a dash into it? I'm pretty sure I don't have to, because I made work, but just want to confirm.

Second question is, how do you do that dash hatsu? (after 2D and 2C) I'm trying to do hatsu in different ways but Litchi ends up not crossing over the opponent.

Appreciate any help or explanations.

I haven't tried that combo, it seems a bit too awkward to try and make into a BnB :v:

But watching the video, all I can see about making her cross over the opponent is to try to space j.Hatsu and time Chun so that the opponent hits the ground as Litchi goes over them, so that she ends up on the other side. If you play around with intentionally earlier and later timings, and see how Litchi's position changes relative to the opponent based on timing, you should be able to figure out whether you need to hit earlier or later or higher or lower than you have been.

We need BnBs. I've had three other Litchis tell me I'm reading and writing down and trying the wrong things in this forum, and to stick to basic stuff.

I take another look at the combo thread.

I'm like "There's nothing basic about this character, you either can play her or you can't. Learn 25-input easily dropped combos or GTFO."

As far as I know this stuff IS our BnB.

Well her basic combo's (and i don't just mean haku hatsu chun) are usually her like old school corner combo , midscreen wall carry = basics.

forgive me if i make it sound easy if its not , im sure maining litchii for long has that effect on me (NOT saying im great, just he combo's are easy, her in game playing strategies and game play (which varies depending on players) is where people mostly struggle / match-ups etc

Half the time I manage to land a hit on anyone, I am spending my time thinking: "I hit - but I'm not in the right place. Goddammit."

and if I drop it's immediately punishable. I would no be surprised if dropping was simply not an option because she takes so damn long tio recover unless you drop and rapid or something. What a waste.

We need BnBs. I've had three other Litchis tell me I'm reading and writing down and trying the wrong things in this forum, and to stick to basic stuff.

I take another look at the combo thread.

I'm like "There's nothing basic about this character, you either can play her or you can't. Learn 25-input easily dropped combos or GTFO."

As far as I know this stuff IS our BnB.

Here's what I've been using as BnBs in various common situations. For the sake of shorter notation, I'll use these nicknames:

starter1: 5B[m] > 2C > 6D > Hatsu Haku Chun > Haku Hatsu > RiichiA > Ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu

starter2: 5B[m] > 2C > 6D > Hatsu > RiichiA > Ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu

6A ender: 5B > 6C(1) > 4kote > j.B > dj.BCD > falling j.C > slide 6A > (5D Kokushi)

Midscreen staff:

(2/5A xN) 5B > 2C > (5C(1)) > Tsubame. Recall the staff in different ways to continue pressure from here. Use when opponent is fairly close.

(2/5A xN) 5B > 5C > 3C > 2D/Tsubame depending on distance.

Midscreen staffless:

5B > 6B > 5C > 2C > 6C(1) > Chun > dash 5B > j.B > dj.BC > j.Hatsu > j.Chun. Gives you a crossunder opportunity if you land behind the opponent, which is fairly common. Honestly this is probably not all that good of an idea since it carries really far, leaving the staff too far away, for not all that much damage. Haven't really had the opportunity to think too hard about what I want to get out of a staffless midscreen combo.

Corner staff:

starter1 > 5D (slight) > Chun > 6D > 6A ender

5/2A > starter1 > 5D (slight) > Chun > 6D > 5D (slight) > 6A > 6BF > itsuuC > Hatsu > Chun > Four Winds

5/2A xN > starter2 > 6A ender

4D > Hatsu > RiichiA > Ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > j.2B > j.Hatsu > Haku > Chun > 6A ender

Corner staffless:

5B > 6B > 5C > 2C > Hatsu > Haku > Chun >

--- (if staff is close) 6A ender

--- (if staff is far) 5B > 6C(1) > 6kote > j.B > dj.BC > j.Hatsu > Chun

I haven't tried to optimize throws or anything. In the corner you can do throw > 6D > Hatsu > RiichiA > rest as usual to 6A ender. Midscreen I just throw > dash 5B[m] > 2C > Tsubame to be safe, unless I'm really confident I can get the 4D wallbounce demonstrated in Chaoto's video.

I learned the midscreen and corner 6B[m] CH combos since, while situational, they give over 5k damage and 6B counter hits more than it should.

For odd starters, I do the following:

j.2D > staffless BnB

itsuuA > 6kote > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > Ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu > freestyle. I've tried other things (like itsuuA > 5D > Chun carry) but I haven't really hammered anything out.

itsuuC > j.B > dj.BC > j.Hatsu > Chun. I can get another thing involving held 5D working in training mode sometimes, but only inconsistently.

But yeah, the point is that odd things like the crossunder 3C combo aren't really necessary to have a strong combo base. In particular, that combo does not translate well into learning a lot of other combos, since it has a unique attack path. Litchi's most "basic" BnBs are going to be the ones that include as many commonly-used combo parts as possible--for example, starter 1 > Chun part > 6A ender. Getting that down means the work is half done for you when trying to learn other combos. Sure that crossunder 3C combo will be useful/optimal/better than the options I have in some situations, but it's a very low-priority thing for me to learn since it doesn't help me learn anything else.

You can do your starter 1 into Chuun 6D etc. off of both forward and back throw. You don't have to do the lower damage (6D Hatsu Riichi A) one.

Star-Demon: Learn the combo I posted on the last page. It is one of the possible constructions of the post that Cobalt has outlined for you (It's starter 1, the first part listed under corner ender, and then 6A ender). It is NOT hard if you start it on 5B[m] (it can be more challenging off of 5/2A[m] or throw). It is a BnB, as in the difficulty is reasonable enough that you are expected to be able to perform it in every match. It is also a very commonly-used combo, as it works in the corner off of several moves. The equivalent for more heavily prorated combos is also pretty easy:

(opener) 2C[m] 6D Hatsu Riichi A Ippatsu A Tanki Hatsu 5D Chuun 6D 5B 6C(1) 4kote j.B dj.BCD delay falling j.C 66A

You can open this combo with almost anything; I've done it off, like, 2A 5B 6B 5C staff2 and other random crap in the corner. And, if you can't do the proper combo off of 5B[m] you can do this and you'll have tonnes of time to do it.

EDIT: I learned this from Chaoto's video for Itsuu B and it works off of A too.

Itsuu A 6kote haku hatsu riichi A ippatsu A 2 6A 5D hatsu* chuun 6D 5B 6C(1) j.B dj.BCD falling j.C 66A

You have to delay hatsu more or less depending on your distance to the corner. I don't know how optimal this is but it works more often than, like, tanki hatsu dash hatsu haku chuun, which basically only works really close to the corner.

I would be interested to know what's good staffless midscreen, because I'm doing crappy CS2 shit off of crouching hits and 5B 6B 5C 2C 6C(1) 6B 5C j.B dj.BC hatsu chuun off of standing hits.

this is what i use as a midscreen staffless BnB

5B 6B 5C 2C 6C(1) Chun 2C 5C j.B dj.BC Hatsu Chun

On Top of the Bnb , there will be times when ur staff is in the wrong place, but its up to you to put it there, retrieve ur staff, and put it somewhere else, whiles clapping ur opponent in the right direction , Litchii being one of them characters that have good dmg or wall carry depending on where staff is.

She's tricky but u'll get the hang of it , some litchii players tend to pressure the opponent with the staffless 4Kote6 intervals (which is punishable if not used wisely) and move the staff whiles pressuring the opponent , u'll soon find ur own personal way of putting the staff where u want,

The combo's will come soon after. Learnin her combo's is one thing, her strategy is another. Getting tings in the right place (or putting it in a place that u know will annoy the opponent and give em easy counter hits lol

Here's what I've been using as BnBs in various common situations. For the sake of shorter notation, I'll use these nicknames:

starter1: 5B[m] > 2C > 6D > Hatsu Haku Chun > Haku Hatsu > RiichiA > Ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu

starter2: 5B[m] > 2C > 6D > Hatsu > RiichiA > Ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu

6A ender: 5B > 6C(1) > 4kote > j.B > dj.BCD > falling j.C > slide 6A > (5D Kokushi)

I can do both starters but I've never been able to pull off falling j.C->anything. I'll try it, but have no idea how it works.

I can do both starters but I've never been able to pull off falling j.C->anything. I'll try it, but have no idea how it works.

you kind of have to delay the falling j.c now, you cant just throw it once you fall, u have to just about hit the ground so once staff 2 hits you can 6a

you kind of have to delay the falling j.c now, you cant just throw it once you fall, u have to just about hit the ground so once staff 2 hits you can 6a

waaaa....ooookay. I'll try it later today.

waaaa....ooookay. I'll try it later today.

Yeah, you have a lot more time to delay it now due to the extra hitstun on staff2, and you need to in order to connect the 6A at the end. It's the tightest thing I've found in all the combos I use.

I haven't tried that combo, it seems a bit too awkward to try and make into a BnB :v:

But watching the video, all I can see about making her cross over the opponent is to try to space j.Hatsu and time Chun so that the opponent hits the ground as Litchi goes over them, so that she ends up on the other side. If you play around with intentionally earlier and later timings, and see how Litchi's position changes relative to the opponent based on timing, you should be able to figure out whether you need to hit earlier or later or higher or lower than you have been.

What the problem actually is, is giving her momentum with that dash hatsu so that she ends up going over the opponent. But I haven't figured out how to input that. Maybe something like 2C > 2D 966236B? or 669236B? I tried doing it on its own, but if I make Litchi airdash, it's too long before she can do hatsu.

Well I missed that.

I mean do you drop the j.C (which will subsequently cause you to miss the 6A) or do you land the j.C and then miss the 6A?

If you drop the j.C, you're doing it too late. If j.C doesn't come out, you're doing it too early or on the ground (lol).

If you drop the 6A, there could be a few things wrong.

- You may have whiffed the 6A. You need to dash input it.

- You may have jumped wrong and subsequently been too far to connect the 6A; both jumps should be inputted as 9.

- You may be inputting it too slowly.

- You may be inputting j.C too early. You have to delay it quite a bit.

That's basically all of the reasons I can come up with. Optimally, both jumps are 9s, the j.C is quite delayed, and the slide is buffered inside the jump so that it happens as soon as you land.

I usually mash the falling J.C

heck, I'm even mashing almost everything...

if ur playing online thats understandable mashing out the buttons seems to work even in the worst of lag >.>