Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CSE] Litchi Faye Ling - Combo Thread

Thx TD ... I was able to refine the midscreen version with your ideas!

midscreen AT combo

AT > ItsuuC > 6Kote > Hatsu > Riiichi > Ippatsu > j.[D] > falling j.C~]D[ > land chun > staff2 > 66 6A > 6B > 6D > F

it's character specific (the 6B part) but it works anywhere midscreen with excellent consistency and gives corner oki

If you're close to the corner that 6A won't connect or playing against light characters, just dash 6C(1) > DP

you can replace 6A with TK Chun but then you would have to stop due to proration.

There's absolutely no reason to not do it, should the situation arise. You earn back your meter and you get 6K + oki.

Sucks that I haven't found a way to do it without 6B bound starter, would be sweet :v:

what's the j.2D crossup side switch combo? need it to put ppl in corner when j.2D is used fullscreen

I remember 6C > dash 2C > Hatsu > etc

I find a hard time connecting the hatsu or maybe im doing it wrong.

EDIT:

nevermind, i figured it out (shoulda played CS2 :vbang:)

The combo is:

j.2D Crossup > 6C > dash 2C > TK Hatsu > riiichi > ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu > Hatsu > Haku > Chun > 5B > 6C > 6Kote > 5D > Chun > 6D > 3C > 2D > 6C

used when you crossup and your back is facing the corner

note: when the stick is so close to the corner that tanki hatsu would either whiff or change direction, drop down and airdash back hatsu and go from there.

so here is an interesting combo i figured out:

(Midscreen)

41236D~B>66C(1)>623D>3C>236A>236B>63214A>A>Drop Down>6A>D>236B>236C>6C>41236D~C>j.C>421D>Oki

also in the corner, if you haven't used a 236B or a 236A>236B yet:

X>236C>5B>6C(1)>421D>6A>6B/236A>236B>63214A>A>B>j.B>dj.B>j.C>j.D>j.C>Ender

And if you prefer flashiness over damage off of a fatal:

(Corner)

5C(FC)>[623D if staff isn't set vertical]>3C>236A>236C>5B>6B>j.C>j.D>j.B>6D>236B>63214A>A>B>6C(1)>421D>j.B>dj.B>j.C>j.D>j.C>66A>D

Is there anyway someone can concisely point out the most reliable and consistent midscreen and corner combo, that would help branch out into learning others?

What exactly is tanki hatsu/?

Is there a specific reason that her combos are listed entirely by move name(specifically names featured no where in the game) instead of input, it made even learning some more basic things quite a hurdle.

Also last question is it fair to assume that every "ippatsu" that i see in a fair number of combos is simply the a follow up on staff? It seems like not all combos specify.

Is there anyway someone can concisely point out the most reliable and consistent midscreen and corner combo, that would help branch out into learning others?

What exactly is tanki hatsu/?

Is there a specific reason that her combos are listed entirely by move name(specifically names featured no where in the game) instead of input, it made even learning some more basic things quite a hurdle.

Also last question is it fair to assume that every "ippatsu" that i see in a fair number of combos is simply the a follow up on staff? It seems like not all combos specify.

There's no one specific way, but the two easiest combo paths are:

Opener > (Haku >) Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > Tanki Hatsu...

5D > Chun > 2C > Staff 2 > TK Chun > 2C[m] > 4D > 5D > IAD > j.C > Staff 2 > 6D(2) > Ender (Out of the corner)

5D > Chun > 2C > Staff 2 >TK Chun > 2C[m] > 6D(2) > Ender (In the corner)

Opener > Staff Launch > Haku > Chun > Staff 2 > TK Chun...

2C[m] > 4D > 5D > IAD > j.C > Staff 2 > 6D(2) > Ender (Out of the corner)

6B[m] > 6D(2) > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > IppatsuB > Ender (In the corner)

Those are the most simplistic corner carry combos, if you want to see a lot more advanced combos you can refer to this post. (And the one beneath it)

We don't have a comprehensive combo listing/guide for you to look at, so you'll have to read through this thread to pick and choose what works well for you. (This will be different for CP) But the post I linked has a good amount that will do fine for you as of now.

Ippatsu is the stance where Litchi is standing on the staff, so when you see IppatsuA/B/C then you'll be hitting A/B/C while on the staff. Tanki Hatsu/Chun is just IppatsuB/C.

Most people use names because she has a lot of moves, and a few moves share inputs from staff to staffless, so it can get confusing and a little annoying trying to keep up with inputs when you are referring to them in different modes. By using move names you know exactly what move is being used without having to check inputs or modes every time. It's all personal opinion.

There's no one specific way, but the two easiest combo paths are:

5D > Chun > 2C > Staff 2 > TK Chun > 2C[m] > 4D > 5D > IAD > j.C > Staff 2 > 6D(2) > Ender (Out of the corner)

5D > Chun > 2C > Staff 2 >TK Chun > 2C[m] > 6D(2) > Ender (In the corner)

Opener > Staff Launch > Haku > Chun > Staff 2 > TK Chun...

2C[m] > 4D > 5D > IAD > j.C > Staff 2 > 6D(2) > Ender (Out of the corner)

6B[m] > 6D(2) > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > IppatsuB > Ender (In the corner)

Those are the most simplistic corner carry combos, if you want to see a lot more advanced combos you can refer to this post. (And the one beneath it)

We don't have a comprehensive combo listing/guide for you to look at, so you'll have to read through this thread to pick and choose what works well for you. (This will be different for CP) But the post I linked has a good amount that will do fine for you as of now.

Ippatsu is the stance where Litchi is standing on the staff, so when you see IppatsuA/B/C then you'll be hitting A/B/C while on the staff. Tanki Hatsu/Chun is just IppatsuB/C.

Most people use names because she has a lot of moves, and a few moves share inputs from staff to staffless, so it can get confusing and a little annoying trying to keep up with inputs when you are referring to them in different modes. By using move names you know exactly what move is being used without having to check inputs or modes every time. It's all personal opinion.

Thank you kindly, I understand the ones in the advanced link you gave way more after the explanations so thanks.

I see in Chrono Phantasm she'll be a bit different, but i really just wanted somewhere to get some sort of foundation so I'm not lost out there. I picked her as a character to try to get a feel for things because I wanted to use amane, but I've always thought litchi and carl were interesting.

That Honestly did make things quite a bit more clear.

after not playing for so long... I can't remember how I should combo hazama in the corner

5b 2c 6d 236b 236a 236c 236a 236b reach.a 5a 5b [5d] 236c staff2 6d 3c 2d 6c itsuu.c j.c j.d[oki]

but I can't seem to remember a route to kokushi oki....

5b 2c 6d 236b 236a 236c 236a 236b reach.a 5a 5b [5d] 236c staff2 6d 5b 6c[1] kote j.b dj.b j.c j.d j.c[fall] dash6a[always whiff in here]

where did I do wrong... :(

IFGC is nect saturday and I'm not prepared at all

you have to delay the falling jc slightly.

easiest way to get oki if you have 50+ heat after ...staff2 6d: 6c(1) kote 6c kokushi

I'll do the latter, I've been trying to slight delay the falling j.c even before posting here but I can't nail it yet.

Maybe I'm just too tired, gonna hit the bed after this.

thx TD

Im trying to get into blazblue and i want to main her, however looking at the combos there are tonnes and i don't know which are the ones i should be learning for bnbs etc, also alot of the combo video tutorials are taken down :( help plz

Im trying to get into blazblue and i want to main her, however looking at the combos there are tonnes and i don't know which are the ones i should be learning for bnbs etc, also alot of the combo video tutorials are taken down :( help plz

I'm going to refer you back to this post: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13127-CSE-Litchi-Combo-Thread/page6&p=1456202&viewfull=1#post1456202

You can learn most of your BnB's there, and if you are having trouble with anything, you can ask for more help.

As for what you need help with now, you'll have to be more specific.

Staff 2 is the second hit of staff call.

Set 2D or 5D on the ground and press it once more, the first hit is "staff 1" and the returning hit is "staff 2".

so to start this combo i have to start with 2C > 6D

Keep getting blue heat after haku

I beleve this is the most important combo for litchi

while holding staff & near corner : 5b 2c 6d hatsu haku chun haku hatsu riichiA ippatsuA tanki hatsu 5d(slight hold) chun staff2 6d 3c 5d 6c staff2 6d 3c kokushimusou(oki)

haku>hatsu should be a very easy cancel

Yeah just realised you have to cancel it near the end as shes falling was doing it to quick, having trouble landing RiichiA > IppatsuA after hatsu.

Yeah just realised you have to cancel it near the end as shes falling was doing it to quick, having trouble landing RiichiA > IppatsuA after hatsu.

Treat Hatsu > RiichiA as one motion and you should be able to hit the IppatsuA. Try to do something like 236B3214A. Works for me.

for the 5d(slight hold do you have to hold till the pole shakes?

Holding the staff always causes it to shake, but the animation has no affect on how the move works or the properties of the attack. For 5[D] > Chun/6A combos, you want to hold it for just a few moments before letting go. Just under half a second.

Whats the combo im late to the party with all these videos taken down -.-;

near corner CH 6b[m] 6d haku hatsu chun (236a 236b 236c for intputs if you dont know the name) RC hatsu haku chun 6c(1) chun hatsu 63214a a(x times i forget how many think it was 13) jump 4kote (421d again incase you dont know which move that is) d falling j.c staff 2 6a great wheel ender

i thiiiiiiiiiiiiink thats what it was (never used it so dont remember exactly) someone correct me if im wrong.