Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CSE] Litchi Faye Ling - Combo Thread

I'm able to do 6a[e] > 6b feint > staff2 near the beginning of the combo or in the middle with no problem, but for a longer combo involving that sequence near the end leading into an ItsuuC ender I'm having trouble with it. Even if i omit the first Hatsu > Haku > Chun and go straight into Hatsu > RiichiA etc I still drop at the 6A > 6BF section. When I hit the 5D into 6A I usually whiff the 6A. When I do a slight hold on 5D into 6A, the 6A hits but then they are able to tech right before the staff2 hits them.

For me, this works if I try to keep them as high as possible when 6A connects. It feels like the extra time it takes them to fall is what allows the staff2 to connect, but I'm not well-versed enough in the mechanics to say whether or not that's actually true. I just do the same hold timing as for 5[D] > Chun.

The places I look to control their height are Ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu (you have so much time off of Ippatsu this is probably the best place in the combo to fix someone's height) and 5[D] > Chun (if they're still off).

Might as well add this since it's not in the thread yet.

Max damage ender that I've found/seen:

5B > 6C(1) > 4kote > j.B > dj.BCD > delay falling j.C > staff2 > slide 6A > Daisharin 39339 > j.Chun* > 6A > Daisharin last hit > [All Green**]

* You want the j.Chun to hit after the third hit of Daisharin to knock them back down into the staff. The 6A following it knocks them to the ground for Daisharin's last hit. For oki, you can do 6A > Four Winds after Daisharin lands, or whatever other things you want really.

** You need to back up so that 6A hits pretty far away in order for All Green to connect.

@sen, try 5d delay 6a 6bfeint? dont think that will work if the combo is extremely prorated though. l get it often enough so it could do the trick. also, idk if staff comes back faster if you hold 4ab while it's active, l heard this somewhere but l never knew if this worked and l dont personally see a difference or if it could have gotten taken out. but you could try that also (5d delay 6a 6bfeint 4ab)

...5b 6c(1) 4kote j.b dj.b j.c j.d delay/falling j.c dash 6a should work. basically just delay the j.c a bit after j.d

Is it nessecary to hold down j.D in the air for a split second to help recovery for this?

Also is TK really needed in order to do most of her combos? Thanks!!

ItsuuB > 6C(1) > 6kote > 3C > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > B > [5D > Chun > 5B/2C > TK Chun > 2C > 6D > 5B > 6C(1) > 4kote > j.B > dj.BCD > falling j.C > dash 6A]

Scrub questions time

A) How the hell do I connect 5B/2C after Chun? They're always too high. I've tried doing Tanki Hatsu lower, which I thought would solve the issue... but it didn't. Maybe I need to hit them with Tanki Hatsu even lower than I did? It was pretty low, though.

B) I can do the combo without 5B/2C, like this.

5D > Chun > staff2> TK Chun > 2C[m]>6D...

But when I do this, the combo prorates out at the second j.B. Is the 5B/2C supposed to keep staff2 from hitting to keep the prorate high enough for j.b j.bcd falling j.c slide 6A to work?

EDIT: Okay, I see part of what's confusing me. Staff return time is variable depending on where you are onscreen, so chun>staff2>tk chun won't always work. Dash 2C would work when that wouldn't, I'm guessing?

the most constistent thing you can do is to that combo from around round start position

@123, no just do normal j.d and delay your falling j.c slightly. that's all there is to it really. against hakumen and arakune you have to superjump after the 4kote. i'd say ragna too because sometimes the first j.c whiffs. so just sj after 4kote of those 3 characters. and delay the falling j.c slightly (you don't need to hold the j.d at all just press it normally). yeah.

@123, no just do normal j.d and delay your falling j.c slightly. that's all there is to it really. against hakumen and arakune you have to superjump after the 4kote. i'd say ragna too because sometimes the first j.c whiffs. so just sj after 4kote of those 3 characters. and delay the falling j.c slightly (you don't need to hold the j.d at all just press it normally). yeah.

Thanks for the help, it's gradually working now. But just to be sure, am I supposed to delay j.C by waiting for Litchi to go a lot closer to the ground first? Also is this the best ender for Litchi?

snip

I'm not sure why you're having trouble finishing the ender, I may have made a mistake in what I gave you but I'll personally test it out when I get the chance. Until then you can just change your ender to 2C > 6D > 3C > 2D > 6C > 6D > 3C > 4kote

The 5B/2C in the combo though is for when you need extra time for staff2 to return and connect with the opponent.

Also is TK really needed in order to do most of her combos? Thanks!!

Most of the time, yes. It's intended to avoid repeat proration on her rekkas.

Also is this the best ender for Litchi?

It depends on what you want to do. The 6A ender will give you the most damage but you don't get as much flexibility in what kind of oki you want to do. There are 2 other enders that you should worry about learning:

xxx 6D > 3C > 2D > 6C > 6D > 3C > 4kote: This is commonly used for meterless oki (5D > j.B option select j.C airdash/land low/throw)

xxx 6D > 5D > 6A > 6Bfeint > ItsuuC > j7.CD/Hatsu > Chun: j7.CD ender is another meterless oki setup, Hatsu > Chun is used against Tager/Hakumen to put them into an unfavorable 50/50 mixup that doesn't cost meter to capitalize off of.

and yes all delay means is to wait a little longer than you normally would to input j.c. the timing for delay falling j.c depends on how prorated the combo is (more prorate = less delay). best way to get used to the delay is to just do it (really isn't difficult at all) a few times in training, or watch a good litchi who always does it (shounen, hane, galileo etc).

simply:

...5b 6c(1) 4kote j.b dj.b j.c j.d wait a second j.c into w/e

and yes all delay means is to wait a little longer than you normally would to input j.c. the timing for delay falling j.c depends on how prorated the combo is (more prorate = less delay). best way to get used to the delay is to just do it (really isn't difficult at all) a few times in training, or watch a good litchi who always does it (shounen, hane, galileo etc).

simply:

...5b 6c(1) 4kote j.b dj.b j.c j.d wait a second j.c into w/e

Something i noticed or maybe it was a fluke (That happened more than 10 times)

but i've seen some Litchii's leave out the falling J.C and replace it with a Green Grab o_o .......but wen i try it ....its a purple grab o_o ...some sort of reset i guess o_o just throwing that out there for query

Hi TD

nope, no one does that

Thanks for clarifying

O_o....im gona go beat someone up....don't mind me......

Thx LK

Okay - I've been at this for hours and over days, and I don't got it.

Anything involving TK chun. What the hell? How does it work? Even if I get a chun and 5B/2C (It doesn't reach!) or a combo with TK chun > 2C (No reach! Techs!) I don't know how you re supposed to do anything after the recovery. Hours wasted. I'm missing an entire line of combos because I can't do this and don't know how it's done. I'm tuck with counter hits until I can somehow convert any awkward enemy air position into damage...

I have a question about after shinshin and the doll is punching am I suppose to use a tk chun into what to continue the combo?

Anything involving TK chun. What the hell? How does it work? Even if I get a chun and 5B/2C (It doesn't reach!) or a combo with TK chun > 2C (No reach! Techs!) I don't know how you re supposed to do anything after the recovery. Hours wasted. I'm missing an entire line of combos because I can't do this and don't know how it's done. I'm tuck with counter hits until I can somehow convert any awkward enemy air position into damage...

You can't combo off TK Chun unless it's done relatively low, there's no efficient way to convert random air hits into damage. Also you need to dash buffer after TK chun to get your move to connect.

I have a question about after shinshin and the doll is punching am I suppose to use a tk chun into what to continue the combo?

That move is actually called Kokushi Musou or kokushi for shorthand.

Kokushi > TK Chun > 6D > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > B > 5D (slight hold) > Chun > 6D > Ender

what are you doing specifically

80 P1 move > kokushi > tk chun > 6d > haku > hatsu > full combo

90 P1 move > kokushi > tk chun > 6D > tk hatsu haku chun > hatsu > full combo

100 p1 move > kokushi > tk chun > 6D > tk hatsu haku chun > haku hatsu > full combo

The only combo I can get to connect with that structure omits the 3C > Haku at the start. If I do 3C > Haku > Hatsu > ... > 5B > 6C(1) etc., then they tech out at the transition between dj.B > j.C at the end. If I omit just the 5B then they tech out at the slide 6A, but that could just be really strict timing.

As for the video, it looked like you weren't actually getting any TK Chuns, which would be why you can't follow them up. TK Chuns will have the superjump trail on them. I recommend just doing 2369--it's fewer motions on the stick, so it should be easier to get.

Anyway, full combo from start position that I can get looks like this:

ItsuuB > dash 6C(1) > 6kote > Hatsu > RiichiA > Ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu > 5D (slight hold) > Chun > staff2 > TK Chun > 2C > delay 6D > 5B > 6C(1) > 4kote > j.B > dj.BCD > falling j.C > slide 6A

Try and make the TK Chun hit late into its animation, so that you recover fast enough. You should buffer the 2C out of it so it comes out as quickly as possible, then delay the following 6D a bit so the hits both connect.

Press C later when you're doing TK chun, you're not letting jump startup finish.

I figured I wasn't getting it.

So 2369 works? Or should I stick to trying to roll out 236987?

I'm on D-pad. There are a couple characters I can play on stick - Litchi is not one of them. She's too hard for me on stick still.

You can't combo off TK Chun unless it's done relatively low, there's no efficient way to convert random air hits into damage. Also you need to dash buffer after TK chun to get your move to connect.

That move is actually called Kokushi Musou or kokushi for shorthand.

Kokushi > TK Chun > 6D > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > B > 5D (slight hold) > Chun > 6D > Ender

Thanks I got it down now.