Sign in to follow this  
Jackie Chandler

Extend ISO Contents Examined. The results:

Let's just get this out of the way: no, I can't find anything that might indicate DLC characters. The "Char" and "Voice" folders only list the standard 19 characters, and the "BGM" folder doesn't list any themes we don't already know about. Sorry if that disappoints you. Here are the rest of the results:

- As far as I can tell, Legion Mode is not in the game. The folder is completely empty, and there isn't an option for it on the Main Menu. Considering retailers are still advertising Legion Mode as part of the game, I'm not sure if this is an error in communication, or if programmers left it out of the game.

- The DLC Announcers are on the disk. If I can successfully extract the sound clips from the .pac files and they're in a reasonable audio format, I'll see about uploading some previews for you guys.

- The English dubbed videos and Story Mode are not in the Japanese version of the game. There are placeholder folders for them, though.

I'll see what else I can do once Mugenguild comes back up and I can download Hipster (the program that can extract the contents of .pac files). If you'd like to know anything else, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Nice, thanks; The previews of the DLC announcers would be phenomenal, because it's really sortof terrible to have to buy them sight unseen (er...sound unheard?) because honestly, some of the DLC announcers in the past have been terribad, and I think everyone would be happier to know what they're getting before they pay out the moneys.

Nice, thanks; The previews of the DLC announcers would be phenomenal, because it's really sortof terrible to have to buy them sight unseen (er...sound unheard?) because honestly, some of the DLC announcers in the past have been terribad, and I think everyone would be happier to know what they're getting before they pay out the moneys.

I agree. Besides, I'm sure the community's dying to know what some of them sound like, myself included, haha.

Here's hipster. Good luck.

Oh wow, thanks a ton Circ. I thought you were gone. I played around a bit in Hipster, and the ongoing trend seems to be "Unrecognised .pac format." But maybe the instructions on the Mugenguild page go into that kind of thing, so I dunno. I'll play with it a bit more next week, since I'll be busy over the weekend. Until then, anyone else is free to do what they can/want to, of course.

I already recorded the Announcer DLC's that have been released thus far. Jourdal already posted them up. So no need to waste time on those. Not yet released ones will be nice to hear though.

I already recorded the Announcer DLC's that have been released thus far. Jourdal already posted them up. So no need to waste time on those. Not yet released ones will be nice to hear though.

Ah, I checked them out on Jourdal's channel yesterday. Thanks for doing that, Kurushii.

So I had a bit more time to play around with the files, and I didn't have much luck. Hipster's only succeeded in recognizing Makoto's sprites as .pac files from what I've tried- everything else is unrecognized. I downloaded Quick BMS and tried using this script to extract the contents:

http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/arcsys.bms

But I get "Error: invalid command "if" or arguments -1 at line 46" when I try it on anything. I'm no good at programming, let alone troubleshooting it, so I don't know much else to try. There's one more thing I haven't attempted yet, but I want to save that as my last resort until I'm sure nothing else will work. Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Edit: Okay, the reason your files weren't working is because they were compressed. Now they're decompressed.

Edit: Relius sprites coming soon. I'll see what else I can pull. If someone could shoot me a message regarding what new content there is, I'll rip what I can.

Edited by Circuitous

Thanks very much, Circ. The only other new content I noticed was the announcer DLC, but there may be some other new stuff on there somewhere.

I've had bad luck ripping voices, but I have some new things I can try, so I'll do what I can. Kurushii and Evil Jerk are getting me more raw files. Should be able to get story mode artwork/backgrounds and character art/logos done.

And since there are new sprites, I'll go ahead and re-rip everyone and repackage them. I'll post everything as I finish it, instead of waiting for everything to be done like last time.

The process was weird for audio last I remember. Yea ill have it all uploaded for Circ in a hour when I get home. #MyFiosWillHateMeTonight

Is it the format of the voices that's the issue? Or the ripping process itself?

I think it's the format. Not sure how it was compressed, but like I said, I have some new things I can try.

As for what I can rip so far, I've got Relius, some artwork, Relius' names, and Relius' DLC palettes. (His GG palette is Faust, otherwise they follow the same themes as CS's DLC palettes. Also I'm only assuming they're DLC - are 24 palettes selectable by default? If so this isn't news, disregard.)

You unlock all the second color sets in the Gallery with the P$ you earn from playing. Only DLC atm is the announcers.

Okay then. Well, Relius is Faust. :v:

Ripping is going smoothly.

Edited by Circuitous

Can you post it up soon as you have the artwork and story mode art ripped? Got a Makoto Nanaya picture I'm really trying to get a hold of.

On the matter of DLC chars, the ranking screen where you choose your char so you can't counterpick later has 2 more portrait spots open on the last row, after Relius. It was like this in CS when you hadn't bought the DLC chars so I think these two spots will be filled out too.

On the matter of DLC chars, the ranking screen where you choose your char so you can't counterpick later has 2 more portrait spots open on the last row, after Relius. It was like this in CS when you hadn't bought the DLC chars so I think these two spots will be filled out too.

The evidence points even more towards this when you examine the two spaces above Mu and Relius at the character select screen. They're modeled similarly to the placeholder for Mu, and hovering the cursor over them doesn't activate the random select button, just like it did in CS1 before you unlocked Mu. But like I said before, I didn't find anything that might indicate placeholder files for any DLC characters. I guess it's possible I could have missed something, though. I'll keep looking for the time being.

They might have changed how DLC characters are loaded into the game, due to what happened last time when everyone already knew who the DLC characters were and had already heard their themes.

They might have changed how DLC characters are loaded into the game, due to what happened last time when everyone already knew who the DLC characters were and had already heard their themes.

It's a possibility, but for now there's nothing to get worked up over. Until there's an announcement, just assume we won't have to buy characters again.

Umm im not sure if this question belongs here but,,, what about the new team vs mode they said they were going to have in the next game. Is it bootleg or is it sumthin actually worth playin. I was think that it would make things a hella alot easyer for 3V3 tournaments since they dont really happen to often.

Sign in to follow this