Sign in to follow this  
RisingStars

[AC] May Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

This is why you see players do a mode change after a win, contrasted to the taunt.

ok i recently started playing may (maybe a month and half now). sometimes i feel in my matches i only win if i get a counter hit...and it feels it is getting harder and harder to land shit to get the loop going...the way i hit it usually is by the cr dust ex dolpin or the j HS hit in air....then sometimes i drop the loop and that pisses me off sometimes it gets so bad i frc after the first rep just to make sure i land in time for the second rep..feels like a waste of tension but its a guarantee way of me getting 2 reps of the loop......any stategies yall are willing to share to help me out..... also i been trying to the the vertical slash dolphin frc into Hs then combo after and i cant get the HS to connect i usually hit the ground before the move comes out...any pointers on that?

also i been trying to the the vertical slash dolphin frc into Hs then combo after and i cant get the HS to connect i usually hit the ground before the move comes out...any pointers on that?

And oldie but goodie from the days of XX: PKS~H. You want to go for something that feels like IK-mode (PKSH) with a marginally lagging (1 frame!) H. That way, the game sees PKS and H as distinct, yielding a j.H immediately after FRC. It's an input that if done on the ground, you will get the IK-mode change -- but in the air, you can't change to IK mode (so you don't need to worry about accidentally changing modes there). If you can do the 2H FDC, you can do this timing.

The basic approach is to try replacing the FRC input with IK-mode input. You'll still get the FRC, plus an extra attack right out of the FRC. If the H is the last in the IK-mode "key chord", that's the attack that comes out of FRC.

Start off with using PKSH for FRC, and see if anything interesting happens as a result. When you can regularly FRC with PKSH, start lagging on the H by a teensy weensy amount, and see if that gets you a j.H right out of FRC.

I'll be in Seattle for the next two weeks so my usual routine will be... different. But i'll do my best to keep this forum updated. All the best soldiers, Kyle Wattula

And oldie but goodie from the days of XX: PKS~H. You want to go for something that feels like IK-mode (PKSH) with a marginally lagging (1 frame!) H. That way, the game sees PKS and H as distinct, yielding a j.H immediately after FRC. It's an input that if done on the ground, you will get the IK-mode change -- but in the air, you can't change to IK mode (so you don't need to worry about accidentally changing modes there). If you can do the 2H FDC, you can do this timing.

The basic approach is to try replacing the FRC input with IK-mode input. You'll still get the FRC, plus an extra attack right out of the FRC. If the H is the last in the IK-mode "key chord", that's the attack that comes out of FRC.

Start off with using PKSH for FRC, and see if anything interesting happens as a result. When you can regularly FRC with PKSH, start lagging on the H by a teensy weensy amount, and see if that gets you a j.H right out of FRC.

imma try that tonight! thanks

TJ is my Johnny HERO. Best US Johnny no joke.

Nate (Guymalef) Still plays?!? and he's doing May in AC over Baiken, interesting...

we quit xx for about 6 months in favor of st and marvel, but when we started playing again i couldnt remember how to combo with baiken... and since i dont want to practice guilty gear ever again i figured i should stick with rapidfire dolphins and spamming hardslash

*runs back into hiding*

I went to the Science Fiction museum and Hall of Fame in Seattle, but for some weird reason there was a picture portraied to represent all of Cosplay, and it was a May from Sakuracon? years ago. LOL. The epic pic was just chilling next to an original storm trooper outfit. Seattle rocks!!!

OH MY FUCKING GOD OH MY FUCKING GOD SOMEBODY HELP ME PLZ!!! Dear god I died yesterday! I went to a melee tourney, and played a guy i challenged in gg (one of my buds, but i havent played him in GG yet). And OH MY GOD JAM MOVES SO DAMN FAST. AND ANJI PRESSURES SO DAMN HARD. I spent like, 7 three-game sets thinking "RUN MAY RUN! THE EVIL PEOPLE ARE COMING TO GET YOU". -- Good god playing somebody who actually knows how to run AT you is so ridiculous. Dont get me wrong, I know what i was doing wrong. -Didnt really go for any knockdowns on my combos (cause they were all poke combos), i was too busy trying to space and run away. -Didnt do too much about about IAD. Threw a 6p out there once and felt pro when it hit, but the rest of the time I just ate that for breakfast. -terrible wakeup game on from me on both sides. __ So yeah, i just wanted to come in here and say my may got kicked to the poop deck. :( Its all good though, i know what i need to look for and what to work on.

well....i found out some stuff that may can do against jam....first of all her 3k beats out the puff ball if you see it coming.....you also beat jam out in air to air most of the time....against anji i realized that 5hs beats out his fugin....if you were losing to the butterfly mixups i would suggest backdashing and for the red butterfly jumping fd works.....yeah the butter fly mix ups is probably what got you.....if he does the fugin then hs as a follow up you can command grab him out of it.....

what is fugin ? And yes, butterfly mixups ate my shit for breakfast. :( against jam, i just couldnt get away, it was so scary.

HUH i dont know what jam u playin' but Jam kills me in the Air... also 5k does work well alot, which i learned from reading Kyle's guide on Jam.

Fuujin is Anji's special where he rushes forward then does some other move depending on the second button pressed, such as a sweep, jumping up and launching fans, his force break that bounces if it hits, etc. His HS Fuujin is invincible to strikes on startup as well.

His HS Fuujin is invincible to strikes on startup as well.

Not the whole time. There's like 10 or so frames between the inv. and the actual hit where anything you do will nail him, so anything active for a while can just be whored out against him (2D).

As Kyle said, this match is cake. Delicious, easy cake.

HUH i dont know what jam u playin' but Jam kills me in the Air... also 5k does work well alot, which i learned from reading Kyle's guide on Jam.

Did you mean 5H instead of 5K? 5K get's raped by 2S and FB Puff stuff, & Sucks as anti-air.

yeah i meant 5H i had just got done reading slayer and jam guide and 5k is for slayer 5h for jam

Dunno if someone asked this before. Here goes, i was reading Kyle's guide to May and i cant seem to succeed doing some combos like OHK-6HS-SVD. Well the problem is that there isnt enough time to charge for the dolphin and there isnt any delay allowed after 6Hs to be canceled with it. Also about cS-HS-SVD (i suppose thats the lame loop u talk about:P ), u say always delay between HS and SVD, but when i try to delay SVD it misses (no reach). Some help plz? ;p

Welcome to the May boards Dante. :keke:

Dunno if someone asked this before. Here goes, i was reading Kyle's guide to May and i cant seem to succeed doing some combos like OHK-6HS-SVD. Well the problem is that there isnt enough time to charge for the dolphin and there isnt any delay allowed after 6Hs to be canceled with it.

Also about cS-HS-SVD (i suppose thats the lame loop u talk about:P ), u say always delay between HS and SVD, but when i try to delay SVD it misses (no reach). Some help plz? ;p

First part look at the 101 thread in the beginning where it says :INPUT: Post#2, it's under the 6HS section. Multiple quotes and examples, I've compiled the most useful info from all the May players which has helped people learn the input properly.

Here:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3750

Second part... no reach?!?!... if it misses than it depends on what height the opponent was when you started the combo, and the delay of the SVD, as it is still a special cancel. The 5HS does not recover, it special cancels as late as possible.

Right, now that i tested again i was able to do 6HS-SVD some times but i guess it will take long for me to master it ;s About HS i realise that i has to be canceled and not recover. I was trying to do OHK-cS-HS-SVD on sol, so far so good, then i tried to do the loop again but failed. But its ok now i guess i was just too slow doing SVD :P forgot to say gratz to you for your super guide :P Its like the best one ive seen and i would love to have a similar one about Johnny (my main) when i started playing gg ;p

Dunno if someone asked this before. Here goes, i was reading Kyle's guide to May and i cant seem to succeed doing some combos like OHK-6HS-SVD. Well the problem is that there isnt enough time to charge for the dolphin and there isnt any delay allowed after 6Hs to be canceled with it.

Also about cS-HS-SVD (i suppose thats the lame loop u talk about:P ), u say always delay between HS and SVD, but when i try to delay SVD it misses (no reach). Some help plz? ;p

That charge is literaly and most probably the hardest fucking may combo with the possible exception of iading after RR frc like a beast ino player. I think its something like 3 frame gap for it to go off correctly. This is with calculating the hit pause and the frames prior to move active frames. Unless you plan on going to ALL ggac tournaments, its not worth the 50+ hours it probably takes to learn it. just ohk 5s5hs28s x(depends on character). Even the super hard impossible dust combo that uses 6hs charge is only a small improvement over much easier dustcombos that have simular results.

If it misses you're delaying it way too much. It's a very very light delay. Like, the anchor hits them, and then a couple frames later it touches the ground (or gets close) and you cancel. Very short delay, but it's there. Oh and for 6hs you can charge that move you know... 6HS, keep holding HS and instantly move to 3 or 2 ... 8 + S

Sign in to follow this