Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

OLD! Sol Combo Thread [GGAC]

hmm so I see.

I just got back into GG and man the CPU is wrecking my shit and doing FRC's on a controller is dicks.

also I figured out on robo ky I can do 2D>2S>2H>j.S>SW and it clean hits.

also noticed pot changes shit big time.

thanks.

I just got back into GG and man the CPU is wrecking my shit and doing FRC's on a controller is dicks.

It's not too bad once you get used to it. If you're on PS2 pad, I find it easiest to press X+Circle+Triangle with your thumb to FRC.

anyways I was in training mode today with sol and figured out you can combo on a CH airthrow...max I can get from a SW loop on normal sol (assuming he has the normal damage multiplier.) was 164.

wondering if CH airthrows is even possible in a real fight and if anyone did any research on this?

if its no research I'll begin a right up on it ASAP, CH airthrowing just gets more damage off than a wild throw.

lol I am such a scrub.

I believe the only way to actually land a CH airthrow in a match is if their guard meter is flashing.

its pretty nice though.

it adds untech time and leads into a combo.

but depending on character weight depends on how high they fly up from it.

telling you now on pot and robo ky its not worth it but damage is damage.

It's pretty useless, unfortunately. I don't think I've ever landed a CH airthrow in an actual match. I'm not sure I've ever even seen a CH airthrow landed in an actual match.

More useful: deep corner airthrows on Faust (and maybe others, haven't checked) can lead to sidewinder. Combo is airthrow, land, 5S©, jc, j.D, CL SW, etc.

you can sw any char with the right follow-up on corner airthrows

the ch comboing thing isn't really new, it works a lot like jam's ground through, just a lil bonus if u tic throw late in pressure

also its actually possible to combo quite a few characters off airthrow, you can even land a fafnir clean hit on lightweights if u do it low enough.

corner airthrow - 5K 2H (j.k depending on height) j.D j.BR 5K j.P j.K CLSW ...

midscreen airthrow - f.S 5H iad j.P j.BR 5J j.P j.K CLSW ...

for examples, and these combos are fairly universal, the most you'll have to change is take out the j.K or replace it with j.S, all of its harder on heavies though, and the midscreen airthrows need to be done low to the ground

Is an RC'd VV decent as a Sidewinder starter?

by RC I mean on the first hit, it does pretty good damage and its invulnerability are good I guess but the tension use kinda sucks

It's not uncommon to see Sol's use 50% to wakeup DP and RC it. If it hits, go into SW loop.

i dont know if anyone had tried this but it could be used as a okizeme to combo strat... the combo is like this:

j.HS(1*)>ABR(1)FRC>j.S or j.D>SW loop

*Depending on your height and timing you can do both hits

j.P > j.BR

j.K > j.BR

j.S > j.BR

and j.D > j.BR

all work too

taking bar management into account (aka, you have no meter)

off of J.D > j.BR, most non-heavyweights can be combo'd without an FRC

and if you're landing j.H, if you're low enough afterwards, you can do j.H > 2H or 5H > GV ...sidewinder combos

you may need to 5K or 2S after the J.H depending on how high up it connected

hell, there are a ton of options as j.H leads to all of sol's ground options.

In the corner combo into 6P imo, on the ground if you're deep you can just do something silly like 5K > j.BR> 5K > j.BR > 5K > j.BR... (yes that's doable on most standing characters)

I think what it boils down to is you won't be trying to hit-confirm the first hit of J.H as oki unless you're trying to go for the hidden air-dash trap, as you'll wind up just spending bar to throw yourself away from the enemy if they block. If you're in a situation you know it will hit just do j.D > SW. If you're not, I think most of the time landing and confirming into blockstring or combo is the better option.

Sol's should now how to combo into clean hit grand viper nowadays. Sol gets to throw away bar on mix-up/pressure/VV RC because nowadays he doesn't need it so badly on combos :eng101:

Well i said j.HS> ABR(1)FRC because its a good oki option and 25% isnt that much... much better than any other normal aerial for that matter... but yeah, you could land to get a GV combo... but meh... i like flashy/useful combos

Just climbed back into training mode with Sol for the first time in forever. Wondering if anyone has tips for mastering SW loops off a BR RC? On some characters I can be pretty successful landing a few reps, but on others it's much more difficult. Definitely feeling rusty right now...too much Marvel... :-/

Thanks for posting those, they must be where I originally saw the combo. They cover a lot more than the vid/description I posted.

NP.... Id like to finish up a lot of those other combo videos I wanted to do for the game since its on PS3 of course now so I have a controler to play on.. But honestly I cant do a lot of the super quick timing stuff on the ps3. Its to loose.. Especially those ky combos with the fireball, f+hs combos... Just cant get my fingers to roll accross the buttons as well.. I still have a lot of ideas for sol though. Like I said in that other AC+r thread, you really should be able to combo into dragon install etc now so he has a lot of options that I am not seeing the japanese use.. But then again I dont think they really pushed AC very far as even when I made these videos back in 2007 or whenever the game came out, I still never see japanese do these ones even to this day shrug..

You know another thing that should work to better now is the just any old combo to F+p, 2 hit grand viper mid screen. Obviously it works easily enough in the corner. but realistically it only works vs johny mid screen. Some other characters like faust, axl, order sol , aba ,testment, are plausible but in a real match situation probably better options. But maybe now this combo will be realstic vs everyone mid screen. Also maybe you can even get one hit grand vipers now off some set ups which would be nice.. Then again I still expect there to be some sorta silly gun flame combos to, even loops once people explore a bit more.... Speaking of johnny(and robo ky espeically)4 hits, to full grand viper combo in the corner, I assume now it probably will be better to do f+p to combo now after words now... Also im iffy on this one working, but im wondering if maybe it might be possible to link after late hitting fafnir.. It doesnt look like this will be possible from what ive seen and done in my head.. But maybe!

Very nice. I wasn't entirely sure what you meant with your previous post, so the video helped.

And I like your choice of music.

Very nice. I wasn't entirely sure what you meant with your previous post, so the video helped.

And I like your choice of music.

Thanks, yea I was VERY close to using the winnie the pooh theme song to troll.. but I stuck with that...

Anyway yea since f+p does a few more frames of stun, im thinking the second combo shown is going to be much easier and realsitic to do. Probably wont work vs super light characters still. But all teh characters its iffy vs full and mid screen could become very realistic.

Nice, I remember that combo being pretty difficult on anyone but Johnny. That could be pretty awesome if it does end up being more practical, I'm thinking it would solve the issue of them bursting out then hitting you in midscreen GV combos like 2K>2H>GV, where your fully mashed GV goes under the burst if they did it soon after GV hit. That still makes me sigh to this day (makes for a good psychic burst bait point if you can RC at least). Since the GV doesn't start hitting them until it's pretty much ready to clean hit in the 6P combo, their burst should hit you in that situation.