Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

OLD! Sol Combo Thread [GGAC]

I have a pretty consistent Wild Throw combo on Axl from the starting position, except I can't end with a knockdown, even though he's really low. He techs right after he flies over my head out of the corner. Trying to do WT, 2h j.d SW, 2h SW, 2h j.s SW, ender.

I've tried raw BR (gets one hit), 5k xx BR, 5k xx tk BR, 2hs xx tk BR, delay crossup 5k, 5s xx BR, and 5hs xx BR. Nothing seems to get the knockdown.

I also managed to get another 2h Sidwinder at the end there and get almost 190 damage, but then I seem to only get a really high 5k and definitely no knockdown.

I have a pretty consistent Wild Throw combo on Axl from the starting position, except I can't end with a knockdown, even though he's really low. He techs right after he flies over my head out of the corner. Trying to do WT, 2h j.d SW, 2h SW, 2h j.s SW, ender.

I've tried raw BR (gets one hit), 5k xx BR, 5k xx tk BR, 2hs xx tk BR, delay crossup 5k, 5s xx BR, and 5hs xx BR. Nothing seems to get the knockdown.

I also managed to get another 2h Sidwinder at the end there and get almost 190 damage, but then I seem to only get a really high 5k and definitely no knockdown.

From what I'm trying, that combo works, but you need to walk back after the 2H jS SW, so they don't fly over you. I get it pretty consistently if you do WT dash 2H jD SW > 2H njSW > 2H jS SW > walk back 2H(or c.S) BR for 175 damage.

Exactly when the first 2 SW hit can slightly change how high up he is though, which can change his positioning after the last SW. If you replace 2H SW with njS SW, it becomes a lot easier at the cost of damage (does 168 instead), but do whichever you find consistency with.

I know I walk forward/back after SW a lot in certain situations, if you notice the positioning might be iffy after your SW it can fix it for you.

What are fellow Sol's 3+ SW w/ knockdown WT combo of choice on May, Baiken, Jam, Bridget? I want to use a stronger one than what I'm doing if I can do it consistently. I usually just do standard jS SW 2H jS SW njS SW BR on them since I'm not sure what I wanna do for more dmg on them, wondering what other Sols like.

for may,jam,bridget and baiken i do WT> dash up > 2HS > tk.SW > 2HS>j.HS > SW > nuetral jump SW> BR

it does 179 on baiken

What are fellow Sol's 3+ SW w/ knockdown WT combo of choice on May, Baiken, Jam, Bridget? I want to use a stronger one than what I'm doing if I can do it consistently. I usually just do standard jS SW 2H jS SW njS SW BR on them since I'm not sure what I wanna do for more dmg on them, wondering what other Sols like.

I haven't played against any of those characters in a while, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but from what I remember:

I believe (2H, nj.CLSW)x3, 2H xx BR works on all of them and is one of the most damaging combos, but getting the last 2H nj.CLSW to connected along with the follow up 2H xx BR can be pretty tight, so I don't often go for it. Recognizing when it's not going to work and cutting it short (such as with only 2 SWs into BR or BR loop or whatever) is important, but then you lose the whole point of the damage advantage. On the other hand, 2H nj.CLSW x2 into BR loop is still decent damage and usually ends in the corner, but I can't remember if the tk BR tends to knock any of those 4 backwards.

Another one I use, particularly if I've got a lot of space to work with and want to end in the corner:

WT ad j.S xx CLSW, j.CLSW x2, dashing j.D xx VV kick. That one's a bit easier, imho, but Baiken can still be tough because she falls weird. And it's not much of a damage increase -- iirc, it needs to be j.D and both hits of VV need to connect for a damage increase. The nice thing about it, though, is that you can always add in more empty jump CLSWs for additional damage if you're going for the kill.

The one I use on Baiken is different from all the others, and I only keep going back to it because it's the one I usually never drop on her:

dash 2H (or dash j.D if deep in corner) nj.CLSW, 2H nj.H xx CLSW, nj.S xx CLSW, BR. So, basically like the one ssj2jeff posted (but I didn't notice the nj on the nj.H in his).

Thanks for the input, been trying stuff.

I remember I stopped going for (2H nj.SW) x 3 c.S/2H BR since I rarely got them low enough after the 3rd one for to connect the knockdown, seems like there is a lot of variance within each rep of that combo.

I like the IAD j.S jSW reps one for when they're nearing corner, I never was great at getting the airdash out but I'll have to practice it. I like that it's pretty burst safe.

For now I'm definitely gonna start doing something similar the one you both mentioned though.

2H nj.SW > 2H nj.H(1) SW > nj.S SW > BR - 179 on Baiken (surprised the SW after nj.H reaches as a clean hit, looks far out)

trying to work some 5H in for a bit more damage, seems pretty doable since you have some extra time on them. I'll have to see how consistent I am with them in matches.

Example: 5H nj.SW > 5H 2H fj.H(1) SW > nj.S SW > BR - 186 on Baiken

So Veteru you're posting a new combo thread for +R? Any reason we can't modify the one already that already exists?

Feel free to keep doing your thing.

I created this thread originally because I was unsatisfied with the original Sol combo thread and wanted a place to dump info.

If you keep your thread neat I'll probably just post it there.

Feel free to keep doing your thing.

I created this thread originally because I was unsatisfied with the original Sol combo thread and wanted a place to dump info.

If you keep your thread neat I'll probably just post it there.

Alright that makes sense, thanks. Yes I will keep up with and update the first post regularly so if you post your stuff in there it will make it to the first post shortly.

I was doing balls for the characters combos worked on but apparently there's a limit to how many you can use, so I'll just use their abbreviated names instead.