Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

OLD! Sol Combo Thread [GGAC]

What the computer is actually doing is 5k (jc) air 236k, repeat. I'm pretty sure that you need an air hit 5k to start it, but I've never actually tried out the combo to confirm this.

The CPU also goes black beat around the 3rd rep. It's much easier to do air BR loop via 2H, such as WT, 2H, jb.BR, land 5K-2H, j.BR, land 5K xx BR You can probably add a 4th (5th?) rep in there by using 5K jc.BRs instead of the 5K-2H j.BR but I haven't messed around with that much.

hmm ok, a few quick questions about the notations. what does WT, jb.bandit revolver, and the xx at the end of the combo imply for me to input?

Some combo I' ve been fooling around with: Slayer (232 dmg.) HS, TK 236+K (frc), j.S, j.D, jc.HS (1 hit), 236+HS (CH), dash 2+HS, j.S, j.HS (1 hit), 236+HS (CH), j.S, 236+HS (CH), j.S, j.D, [236+K (frc), j.D] x3, jc.D, 623+S If you want it useful instead of flashy, just finish it after the last SW with a BR for a knockdown. I´ve also tryed it on Testament, but you have to connect the 2nd SW sithout the j.HS. It´s nothing really new, but looks cool. :psyduck:

I'm having trouble pulling out Air bandit revolver's FRC. Any advices ? I post it in the combo thread because I wanted to do combos such as : c.S, HS, Air bandit revolver FRC -> sidewinder loop or stuffs like that...

Advices? Just learn the frc timing, it´s not that hard. If you want to do that combo (c.S, HS, TK BR frc...) just make sure you do the TK right, or otherwise you will get nothing but a RC.

If you want to do that combo (c.S, HS, TK BR frc...) just make sure you do the TK right, or otherwise you will get nothing but a RC.

You mean the timing is different if I hit the player ? What would a "right TK" be then ?

You mean the timing is different if I hit the player ? What would a "right TK" be then ?

It's slightly different because of hit stop, but not by much.

Of course it has. You can go straight from a j.S/j.HS to a SW combo. You can add damage to #R style corner combos. It´s an amazing tool for okizemes in the corner: c.S/5K, TK BR (frc) > whatever poke you choose [iAD/throw/anything you like].

Is it possible to do an "okizeme" thread for Sol ? I know a few ones but... Well a few doesn't make a lot you see ^^ And I'm interested of Air BR ones. Anyway although it's not the character type, I think that would help a bit...

Re: Air Bandit Revolver FRC I'm still a novice player, but I find that using negative edge helps me pull off the FRC... (while holding K) j.BR ]K[, then K+S+H as fast as I can. (I apologize for the crude notation) That way, my hand only has to move twice over the buttons (release, then press) as opposed to three times (press, release, then press). Hope this helps! ~Z

Not a bad idea... I'll give it a shot. Most of the time I don't have trouble with bandit revolver frc, but at the same time, I don't use it for any of the more advanced things. When you cancel into bandit revolver from an attack, you get the added delay of hitstop before you frc window... but for just random bandit frc I could see this being really useful... because I can't consistantly get the earliest frc point (It's a 3 frame window... but usually if you are doing anything tricky with it, early = better). This just might be what I needed.

I nail it with the same timing as the DB frc for Johnny. If it hits though... That's a another story :P I keep screwing that frc up.. For TK do you do the inputs fast or slowly? (gatling and or on hit) Is it possible to do non CH, 5HS, TK BR frc, j.S, j.D, CL SW ?

Is it possible to do non CH, 5HS, TK BR frc, j.S, j.D, CL SW ?

You can even do c.S, HS, TK BR (frc) to certain characters.

Yo, SprtJuice... please keep replies in this thread on topic, so it doesn't end up like the last one. Robo Ky 5H FRC has nothing to do with Sol, doing bandit revolver FRC, etc. Also... advanced applications of Sol's BR FRC are actually harder than robo Ky 5H frc. Take a little bit of time to think about -hitstop- and you'll understand.

Yo, SprtJuice... please keep replies in this thread on topic, so it doesn't end up like the last one. Robo Ky 5H FRC has nothing to do with Sol, doing bandit revolver FRC, etc.

Also... advanced applications of Sol's BR FRC are actually harder than robo Ky 5H frc. Take a little bit of time to think about -hitstop- and you'll understand.

I'm not sure why you're being anal or why you have such a hostile tone. What I posted in the #R gunflame thread about the combo being impractical wasn't meant to sound sarcastic or anything, so I'm sorry you took it as such.

The reason why I compared Sol's BR FRC to Robo-Ky's 5H FRC is because the timing is quite similar, with BR being FRCable on frames 6-8 and Robo-Ky's 5H being FRCable on frames 5-8 according to the frame data. Similar timing, which is why I said that if you can do Robo's 5H FRC you can certainly do Sol's BR FRC.

I've experimented with BR FRC, and I even use it in combos from time to time... but from my experience, using it where the first hit actually hits is actually pretty difficult since you need to be so close. The timing from hit stop doesn't really change all that much since the FRC is so early (like Robo's 5H FRC).

I'm actually quite fond of going for BR FRC in the corner during situations I can't land a CLSW. Example being some sort of launcher in the corner, j.S-D -> BR FRC, j.D -> JC, dj.D -> SVV. It looks pretty cool, is useful for when you can't get CLSW, and gets knockdown. I even got some lulz from my Japanese friend when I did one; "Aaaaa Kusoru!!!". :lol:

Actually, some corner combos with BR frc do similar damage to 3 rep. SW loops. IAD j.S, j.D -land- c.S, 2+HS, j.D, jc.D, 236+K (frc), j.K, j.D, 623+S > 214+K And it looks pretty sweet, as SJ said, 100% Kusoru style.

I find BR FRC in combos pretty useless. If he's too far away for CLSW him in corner, you can easily relaunch him with BR. Launcher -> j.s,j.k,j.d,BR (you don't do j.k sometimes, it's height/char dependant) -> land 5k,j.p,j.k,CLSW and continue into 'standard' loop.