Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

OLD! Sol Combo Thread [GGAC]

actually Hatred Edge is kinda on the money since some of the characters that are harder to do it on require delayed GV and delayed GV works too just not in the corner still i do GV whenever i hear counter whenever im throwing out 2D other wise its a gunflame fake or w/e i mean for me its basically the difference of a S or a P

Confirming CH 2D into GV is kinda pointless and not really doable. It's always better to confirm it into Gunflame, either FRCed or not (if it's not FRCed, you can then connect a CL Fafnir to continue the combo), and sometimes you can combo without tension if you have some dash momentum.

Pointless how? You get huge tension free damage. Plus you won't always have meter to do GF FRC. And not doable? Please enlighten me....

well im saying its good to go for when your out of tension or you don't want to use any i mean hey GF FRC or GF Fafnir is better sometimes but yeah GV looks flashy and it costs no tension same amount of damage

Sol in practice question, after you finish a sidewinder loop, does it make any difference between the normal BR finisher or a tiger knee BR?

Hatred Edge is right tho TK BR could be used for tech traps its a lot better to go for normal BR to end the combo :) for some characters you might have to add in a 2H -> BR also instead of just BR

nOOb Question: Here's the Sidewinder loop I'm using: WT j.S SW j.S SW j.S SW... (a bit noob, but I find it works better for me than the WT dash.2H, etc. starter) ... but I have trouble in a particular situation. My opponent and I are near the corner (say 1/3 stage length), I Wild Throw to start a SW loop, the first SW hits, my opponent bounces off the wall... and ends up BEHIND ME! (T_T) That wouldn't be so bad, except that just about every one of my attempts at a follow-up is carried out with me FACING THE WRONG DIRECTION! (T_T) I've seen videos of Sol players dealing with that situation by using 2H > etc., and they somehow manage to "about-face" before it comes out (ie. if this is happening in the left corner, they manage to face to the right). Is there something I'm missing here? If I'm crouching, does that lock my direction in place? Should I try a different followup (maybe bj.S > SW)? ~Z

I was kinda wondering the same question myself? I ussualy just wait till I turn around, like just think ahead if your gonna turn the other direction or not (just take note during combo practice and particular SW setups in the corner) oh yea and what the deal with tk sj.CHSW, how come they have so much recovery when landing?

5K helps alot for problems with you facing the wrong direction 5K -> 2H if you were to do the mistimed 2H backwards a 5K would connect and then a 2H you can also do 5S->2H do 5K -> 2H until you can get just the normal 2H

oh yea and what the deal with tk sj.CHSW' date=' how come they have so much recovery when landing?[/quote']

Because you SJ. Sj gets more air time so naturally you won't drop as fast as a normal jump and there's the natural recovery on the SW too. Put those together and there you have it.

What I do when they're landing behind me is dash, 2k, 2H, j.s, SW. I feel like 5k makes them go to high, and I mess up my combo every time I try it. Oh and its probably old, but I LOVE this combo (I've only tried on Johnny and Slayer): 2S, 2H, 2D, BR(1), j.H, land, 2H, j.S, SW, etc. I messed up the execution for SW in one of my matches, and had to improvise, so I did that. It takes MONSTROUS damage if you land it and get in a few SWs in there. Most of the time it makes them bounce behind you, so you have to practice that. Question though....why does a pure SW hit (no j.h, or j.s,etc. before it) in the air do so much damage? It could be just me, but I feel it does more damage.

It does a lot of damage? Really? For shit and giggles I started throwing out SWs against the CPU in training mode and the damage was crap.

can't seem to find any, could someone write up a mini faq on ways to get into the sidewinder loop. I don't have anyone to play with right now so my mixup game/ wild throw setups are probably incredibly scrubbish. So far I'm kinda working on this 1.)5k 6p 2hs js sw ???? profit 2.)5k 6hs gv ???? profit

can't seem to find any, could someone write up a mini faq on ways to get into the sidewinder loop. I don't have anyone to play with right now so my mixup game/ wild throw setups are probably incredibly scrubbish.

So far I'm kinda working on this

1.)5k 6p 2hs js sw ???? profit

2.)5k 6hs gv ???? profit

You're kinda looking to hit the sidewinder at chest/neck height. Everytime you get a clean hit, the clean hit boxsize is reduced and you need to set yourself up better and closer for the next hits. From what I noticed is that damage from attacks that keep the sidewinderloop going is neglectable, so it doesn't matter whether you do 2H CLSW, 2H j.S CLSW, j.S CLSW or CLSW on its own, generally you can get the same amount of reps and you'll do about the same damage. For afaik the biggest difference is 20 damage or so between most damaging and least damaging chain versions.

For example, what I generally use is setup into first CLSW hit and then I attempt to use only 2H j.CLSW and get clean hits that way. The moment you forward jump, you generally have to end the combo by doing backward jump S CLSW land BR, otherwise your opponent will probably tech somewhere where you don't want it.

can't seem to find any, could someone write up a mini faq on ways to get into the sidewinder loop. I don't have anyone to play with right now so my mixup game/ wild throw setups are probably incredibly scrubbish.

So far I'm kinda working on this

1.)5k 6p 2hs js sw ???? profit

2.)5k 6hs gv ???? profit

My setups include:

1) WT (EVERY Sol needs this), j.S (or whatever depending on weight) CLSW

2) 2D > BR [RC] > CLSW

3) 2D [CH] > GF [FRC], j.s CLSW

4) VV [RC] > 2H > j.S CLSW

cool stuff guys, yeah the sidewinder thing seems to be just an issue of practise but uh, wildthrow setups are a bit harder. Keep practe, I know isa is a pretty popular sol player so i might start watching him to see how he gets into his wildthrows.

Isa betrayed all the Sol players and started playing Eddie XD Any current Sol is pretty ok to watch. A few notables are 012, Roi, Kishitaka, P.C and kusoru. Staple wild throw setup is WT dash in 2H and then either j.S/j.D CLSW or CLSW directly, this works on any character. Oh and I forgot to mention, generally if you jump in any direction except for neutral the screen moves to, so chances are that your forward jump causes you to miss your followup because you get a later and far higher wallbounce.

My setups include:

1) WT (EVERY Sol needs this), j.S (or whatever depending on weight) CLSW

2) 2D > BR [RC] > CLSW

3) 2D [CH] > GF [FRC], j.s CLSW

4) VV [RC] > 2H > j.S CLSW

On some charas you can do VV (2hit) RC CLSW. I haven't tested it though.

Also, agreed on Kusoru. He's hilarious, but not effective as a sol player.

I pray that he wins SBO someday. :v:

On some charas you can do VV (2hit) RC CLSW. I haven't tested it though.

IIRC, SVV (2) RC -> CLSW works on everybody, so long as you're close enough and are both on the ground. The space between the RC and the CLSW varies from char to char, though, with light characters requiring almost no space (I negative edge it) and heavy characters needing more.

VV (1) RC is much safer and more practical, though, so opportunities for SVV (2) RC don't crop up that much. In my experience, anyway. =P