Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

OLD! Sol Combo Thread [GGAC]

i noticed there was no VV combo's...let me guess leave it to the sol players? the only one i seen that can be easily executed i found was: VV>RC>CLSW>J.S>CLSW>J.S>CLSW>J.S>CLSW>J.S>VV. did i word it right?

Yah you did. You could possibly get another two sidewinders in there if you timed and placed it juuuust right. Guys, I have this habit of not planning on when to end my SW combos and milk it for every sidewinder possible, then when I am about to do another SW and I know for a fact it won't clean hit because I've already had like, 4 I just do j.s bandit revolver or j.k bandit revolver for knockdown. I mean I get a yellow beat but would anyone recommend this?

continuing my research so far i found that D>CLSW has some interesting potential..i never experimented so much in any fighting game...and you know what, this is fun. this might work. D>CLSW>2HS>J.S>CLSW>run and J.S>CLSW>SW LOOP...it does some 144+ damage but its kinda hard for me to do at the moment, im gonna play the xbox, experiment later.

i noticed there was no VV combo's...let me guess leave it to the sol players?

the only one i seen that can be easily executed i found was: VV>RC>CLSW>J.S>CLSW>J.S>CLSW>J.S>CLSW>J.S>VV.

did i word it right?

As it's been said, it's a better idea to RC the first hit of VV and follow up with a K/S > 2H > j.S > SW etc. It's safer than waiting for the 2nd hit to RC, in case they blocked.

Guys, I have this habit of not planning on when to end my SW combos and milk it for every sidewinder possible, then when I am about to do another SW and I know for a fact it won't clean hit because I've already had like, 4 I just do j.s bandit revolver or j.k bandit revolver for knockdown. I mean I get a yellow beat but would anyone recommend this?

I used to do that too, when I messed up and could tell I can't get a knockdown, I'd do an air BR to end it. I'd say it's a good thing (better than ending with a non-CLSW) but knowing how many CLSW you can get, or just not being as greedy, and going for the knockdown when you know it'll work is obviously the best option. It's more important to get a knockdown than get an extra CLSW you aren't sure about.

EDIT: must have read your post wrong. If you are in fact getting a knockdown by ending in air BR, then it's fine. But I don't see how that's possible, I didn't think air BR could knockdown.

continuing my research so far i found that D>CLSW has some interesting potential..i never experimented so much in any fighting game...and you know what, this is fun.

this might work.

D>CLSW>2HS>J.S>CLSW>run and J.S>CLSW>SW LOOP...it does some 144+ damage but its kinda hard for me to do at the moment, im gonna play the xbox, experiment later.

heh, I know what you mean. Training mode can be addictive :kitty:

Unfortunately, that combo is already known. It'd be hard to find a useful one that isn't nowadays :sweatdrop:

As it's been said, it's a better idea to RC the first hit of VV and follow up with a K/S > 2H > j.S > SW etc. It's safer than waiting for the 2nd hit to RC, in case they blocked.

hmm your right, i always often miss the counter on the first hit and get punished with a throw, i'll train specifically for that thanks.

I used to do that too, when I messed up and could tell I can't get a knockdown, I'd do an air BR to end it. I'd say it's a good thing (better than ending with a non-CLSW) but knowing how many CLSW you can get, or just not being as greedy, and going for the knockdown when you know it'll work is obviously the best option. It's more important to get a knockdown than get an extra CLSW you aren't sure about.

EDIT: must have read your post wrong. If you are in fact getting a knockdown by ending in air BR, then it's fine. But I don't see how that's possible, I didn't think air BR could knockdown.

more like if at the right height its untechable or at least the frames for tech doesnt kick in, im trying to do that br combo the cpu sol does but it only really works on large/heavy charcacters, maybe i should start J.King again.

heh, I know what you mean. Training mode can be addictive :kitty:

Unfortunately, that combo is already known. It'd be hard to find a useful one that isn't nowadays :sweatdrop:

its like my new drug, if i dont go practice for 30mins to a hour i feel out of place, my daily ritual i always find a way to get my times in.

So I put in AC again...trying to improve combos. Still can't get dash j.D consistently after a GV -_- I get it like, once every 10 tries or something. Sometimes I can tell it's cause I put in the dash jump too late, so I get a normal jump. I have trouble telling when Sol recovers from GV cause he's not really on the screen when it hits clean. Other times, I might get the dash jump timing right but they don't fly up as high from the GV clean hit...is that from mashing GV too much or what? It's been a problem I've had for a long time now. Doesn't really matter for the lazy GV combo I usually do (j.S > SW after GV), but it makes the dash j.D > SW not clean. Any tips on getting the dash j.D? Or is it just hard to time and I will have to practice it for days :psyduck: and I assume those going-into-corner GV combos listed in the first post don't knock them down in the corner. Anyone have a good GV combo that does?

j.D after CH GV only works in the corner. For mid-screen, you'll have to use j.S. As far as landing dashing j.D in the corner after CH GV, you're just going to have to practice it. Also, j.D doesn't work on all characters, so you'll have to adjust for this.

Yeah, normal j.D doesn't work outside of corner, but Dash j.D > SW after GV works midscreen and corner so I'm trying to get that down. I've been practicing on Sol though.

Run jump D is a lot harder to time when not in corner so I just go for j.S. As far as knockdown into corner goes, it's all just spacing specific. Most of the time GV does put you in the corner so after j.D SW you can land j. back j.S SW , BR into corner.

Thanks for the info. So does anyone else have this happen, where GV launches them at different heights? I assume it has to do with how much/how long you mash. When it launches high (I assume this is the normal way it launches them, cause it's the way it usually happens for me), the stun time when the clean hit hits is slightly less than when GV launches them low. I can tell if it's going to launch them lower if I'm paying attention to how long the screen is stunned after the last hit hits. but I was wondering if this happens to anyone else.

The only reason GV should launch lower is that you added more hits beforehand or character specific weights. if you do 5K 2H before GV as opposed to just 8 hit GV the gravity from the extra hits will make them fall lower.

ah...that could explain it. But I swear I was getting different launch heights/clean hit stun times from doing the same starting moves...I'll mess around with it more.

Got a new GV combo (maybe it's been in some combo vid somewhere, but it's new to me). Does 230 dmg, gets a corner knockdown, and doesn't use dash j.D so I can actually do it somewhat consistently :eng101: vs Sol, GV going into corner GV > dash 2H > j.D (wait) > SW > back j.S > SW > dash 2H > j.S > j.H > SW > nj.S > SW > BR The first 2H has to hit when he's really low to the ground. And you can add a 2H before the BR, but for how hard the timing is (and only adding 1 damage) I don't think it's worth it. Need to see what other characters it works on. EDIT: this exact variation works on: Sol Axl Zappa Slayer ABA HOS Faust As for the people it doesn't work on: all females (except ABA). they can tech too high, so 2H can't hit low enough. on the other male characters, it messes up after the 2nd SW. so if you just end it after the 2nd SW it works on all males (except Johnny). If you do hits before the GV, you may have to sacrifice 1 or 2 SWs for the knockdown in the corner. Main idea is that you do dash 2H > j.D > SW instead of dash j.D > SW. It ends in a corner knockdown, and I find it easier to time than dash j.D. so it's just an alternative if anyone else finds it easier as well.

True, the dash 2H after the back j.S SW is not necessary. You can just dash j.S > j.H > SW (timing seems wierd though, sometimes j.H misses, or you don't need it). I tried this, and thanks to the one less 2H, you can still get all the SWs plus the knockdown in the corner when you combo into GV. Apparently you can just do j.d (wait) SW to get the back j.S...I thought you had to dash j.D to do that. :I: So what's the point of dash j.D? edit: The only point of using it I see is for midscreen GV combos. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is literally no reason to dash j.D in the corner for a GV combo.

I was in training again =P If anyone cares, or doesn't already use this GV combo: (GV going into corner) S > H > GV > j.D (wait) SW > bj.S SW > dash 2H j.SK SW > nj.SK SW > BR (271 dmg on Sol) It works on nearly the entire cast. 4 SWs and a corner knockdown. As for the people it doesn't work on... If you still want the corner knockdown, you just end it after the bj.S SW on the following characters: Anji Bridget Dizzy I-no May Millia You still get the corner knockdown, you just can't go for as many SWs on these characters. And the only 2 characters that you cannot get bj.S SW on are: Jam Baiken

That is true, and I realize this, it also works from a K > H > GV, or just GV by itself. I guess I should have recorded damage as straight from GV, but I was doing it from a starter cause I wanted to be sure it still got the knockdown. So here you go, 257 dmg from K > H > GV 232 dmg from GV by itself 192 dmg from 2K > 2H > GV Timing is harder if you do it straight from GV, but it's still possible to do the same combo.

whats the set up for someone to do an air bandit revolver and then land do stand kick jump p k the sidewinder...??? would really appreciate it if someone can help me out with that... or better yet.. know a vid i can peep it on...

anytime you land a close air attack, you can almost always link into BR l> 5K if you hit a j.D in the corner on someone in the air, > BR > l> 5K do this if you anti air someone in the corner (5K/2H) go into j.D > BR, if you're not close enough to get a j.S/j.H > SW, once you've done it a while you start knowing when you need to play with the height, and if you need to j.K before the j.D to get them higher. after you hit the BR > 5K, most characters will naturally be clean hit after a j.P > j.K > SW, though you'll notice you can catch some really low and you may have to j.P > j.S > SW, or they may be too low altogether and its better to go into 5K > 2H > BR for knockdown, or 2K > 2H > j.KSSD or something for damage. any air to air > j.BR should work if you're low enough to the ground, you can catch some people even if you air to ground them > j.BR but lightweights only usually. Generally you should just be looking for when you can go into j.D > j.BR near a corner, thats the most common setup, other than that its just when you get close air to air's like j.H or even a j.P, if you're too deep or too far below them, the BR could send them the other way I was supposed to have a combo vid out by now but its bein postponed til all my recording stuff is up and running again >.> an example in the corner on any midweight: 5S > 6P > 5S > 2H > j.D > BR l> 5K > j.P > j.K > SW thats the general idea, another way to test the timing is just to start from neutral and airdash at their head, j.S > j.D > j.BR l> 5K ...

Nice and flashy :eng101: looking forward to the finished vid. What's the input for that super jump air dash j.p after the 2H in that last combo? That also works from 5H right?

xxx > H > sjIAD j.P > BR l> 5K > j.P > j.K > SW ...5S > BR if you want to use 5H, you generally need to go straight from 6P into 5H unless its on a heavyweight, and the distance is more important as they fly farther and lower so you may not want the super jump, but it is possible to combo into j.P and I have a set-up using it too later in the vid

couple years late I guess, and only this for now... as well I cant seem to figure out how to compress it any better. As its even shitty to this exstent at this high of meg so....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsiEUfgI-pg&feature=channel_page

Anyway some basic sol combos, that realistically use the unteachable otg trick thing jig. Obviously it works vs other characters but like I said ill just put this up for now as even this is pretty big size wise, untill i can figure out how to work this new capture card better. Note that in some instances you can get more hits etc but then you can tech the otg.

You can get sorta fun with it I guess, obviously you dont have to do gun flame, you can be ghetto and do OTG, then power dunk say and it will wiff or whatever. But say you delay teh button press, it will hit. So it obviously gives you more options to do more fun kinda stuff then normal...

If I could find it id post it, but I had a chart somewhere written down all teh set ups for every character to get untechable OTG set ups off high lows, and commmand throw kinda stuff. But I cant find it.

Also note that johnny and I think someone else actaully have a part in there gaurd bar, where if you do a combo and stop at that point, they can tech anything? Even things that arent normally techable? *scratchs head* I forget its been a long time since. So some combos are more specific then others I guess?

Umm anyway yea maybe if I can get this thing working better ill put up other stuff I have in videos but for now.. Ummm there you go.. or somethign