Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

The AC Slayer Q-n-A Thread

Ok thanks..does that mean I can't do it at the arcade?

what are Slayer good pressure strings to raise the opponent's guard gage?

thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Slayer is very good at raising the guard guage. His moves just don't raise it enough and his pressure strings are more about hoping for a counterhit or for the opponent to defend themself the wrong way. I see a lot of 6K, 5k, 5k, 5k, 5k-> mappa or 6k, 5k, 5k, 6k, 5k, 2k, 2h, that kinda stuff.

what are Slayer good pressure strings to raise the opponent's guard gage?

thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Slayer is very good at raising the guard guage.

Your wrong so...yeah correct yourself :v:

By no means is Slayer ability to raise guard gauge on par with ABA but look at his normals.

c5s,f5s,2s, 6k raise by 10

2hs and 2d by 15

5hs 6hs 6p by 20

And as you noticed, those are his main pokes, even K raises Guard Bar by 6. AND ITS SPAMMABLE. Now the question is are these safe? Well if you use 6k, c5s->f5s,2hs, yeah i guess. But if you use the big boys(5hs,6hs,6p) no. But how do they work? Easy. Get them to be scared of you(usually of oki). If they are scared, they are less likely to take risks, less risks means more block, more block is more pressure. More pressure, (oh shit) more raised guard bar.

By the way im not even talking about his specials like mappa(20!!) underpressure(10) and It's Late(15) which are all viable options to raise it up. The problem is players can punish you cause his pressure(unlike Eddie) has holes in it. So dont be predictable. Basically Slayer is not S-tier in terms of Guard Bar raising, but he is definitely A.

Funny i was just watching the new gamechariot Robo so happened to provide.

http://dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2281&page=47

And I happened to have just watched the SL vs FA match.

And guess what..Slayer got Faust in a high guard situtation(in a matter of seconds)

then Slayer caught Faust with a Crosswise(85% prorate) to a nice 50% combo for the win. Right after that i saw your post, so yeah, thats why it might seem like im coming at you hard.

basically to sum it up, Slayer isnt' one of those characters that Gattlings you with alot of moves to raise guard, but his normal moves in itself all raise pretty high gaurd, so just by making them block a few of ur hits will get their gaurd bar pretty high... and the Start Button in Arcade, is the respect button. but remember to hold on the button. not like Console.

Thank you all guys for your replies, I think those infos should be add to the 101. I got another question, it is about the Back Dash Cancel (BDC), does Slayer keep the invulnerability frames in the next move if he BDC?

if you BDC into special, excluding BBU, that special will receive up to 6F of strike invulnerability, depending on your execution.

Thank you RoBoBOBR, this info should be in 101 as well. I would like to know about Slayer's okizime, i know about under pressure and it's late for 2K combo, but i am not sure about how to use it. And I would like the expert players here to give good exemples so we can discuss it. thank you.

Bloodsucking Universe/Cosmos; "chi wo suu uchuu".

Did once try to do that move, and every time i try that move, i miss my target and slayer started to look like this cat:

Posted Image

But enoug joking around. what is the best way to get close towards your target and perfrom that bite attack without messing it up? 9/10 times i end up doing j.HS instead of biting my target.

And also, what is the best way to use DOT? because i always seen to mess up it up and perfrom j.S or 214 S instead of that move?

:psyduck:

PS: i use joystick

if you do forward dash cancel bite and end up with jHS - push HS earlier. as for DOT - input 632146S. If S goes before final 6 - you'll get dendy, if you mess up input and add jump - you'll jump. So go practice.

if you do forward dash cancel bite and end up with jHS - push HS earlier.

as for DOT - input 632146S. If S goes before final 6 - you'll get dendy, if you mess up input and add jump - you'll jump. So go practice.

I see. thanks for the advice

And also, what is the best way to use DOT? because i always seen to mess up it up and perfrom j.S or 214 S instead of that move?

:psyduck:

PS: i use joystick

Like RoBo said you should go practice. Now about practice, you want to turn on the input in training mode so you can see where you mess up your command. If you are new to joystick start with 236 motions and see if you do 236 or 41236, I know it looks stupid but trust me in longer combos where you need proper timing the extra motions can mess you up.

For DOT start doing it naked slowly as possible then do it faster, if you miss it try again slowly, when you nail the command start adding a normal move before like c.S.

and again:

I would like to know about Slayer's okizime, i know about under pressure and it's late for 2K combo, but i am not sure about how to use it.

And I would like the expert players here to give good exemples so we can discuss it.

thank you.

i can't dot on reaction to s.k. god damnit.

Apparently you don't play a lot of 3S.

I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing :psyduck:

dobiqwolf:

What do you want someone to say? "The best way to apply Slayer's oki mixup is to knock them down first, then mix them up as they get up?" Seriously what else is there to say about it? There's nothing particularly special about Slayer's oki, other than "it kills people fast." What is there to discuss? By now most people know what Slayer's oki options in each scenario should be. This move hits low, this move hits high, to use it in oki you do it after you knock them down, simple as that.

Seriously, basic oki in GG:

- do they have a good reversal attack? If so, can I do a safe jump-in to lead into my mixup from said knockdown? Otherwise, do I think they'll actually do it, and how do I bait it until they stop? For Slayer, you bait with stuff like safe jump-in jH, or whiff 2P before they get up, or just block/backdash.

- do I think they're going to backdash on wakeup? If so, what moves can I punish it with? Depending on your opponent and your reaction time, the general moves to beat backdashes are H, 2D, 6H, pause -> Mappa/BBU; and meaty attacks to punish non-reversal backdashes.

- do I think they'll try to (FD) jump out of pressure as they get up? If so, what moves beat that? Meaty lows and anti-air normals are particularly suited for that.

- do I think they're just going to block on wakeup? If so, what moves of mine are overheads? What moves are lows? What moves cross up? What moves feed into my mixup in a somewhat ambiguous manner? What moves are throws? What moves disguise my intentions the best? How can I create 2nd hit mixups or guardcrank -> mixup sequences with my available moves?

Slayer oki is as simple or complicated as your opponent's defense. If they just block on wakeup, you can do simple high/low/throw mixup all day and win. If they start backdashing or reversal VVing or IB/SB punishing your mixup, then you step it up.

what i do is when i am about to enter the 5K i press K and do a full circle motion really fast and press S and it works some time... my other option was doing something like.. 6321412369+S which is just a very fast half circle and return motion :V... sometimes my input for DOT from 2nd player side is fucked up cause i do 63216 instead of 632146 rofl... and this is just doing it naked... my stupid arm : /...

snip...

you did answer my question, I got good execution's skill but i dont have much vs exp, that why i needed some explanations about SL okizime so i could start somewhere, yours were clear and simple, thank you very much.

i do play a lot of 3s and i play ken so i gotta hit-confirm all the time. it's the motion that fucks me up, not that i can't react to it. i just like complaining about my lack of practice and shitty execution but it's cause i rarely have time :(:(:(. i'm well known for not being able to do combos but it's ok. :) one of these days, i'll practice as much as i masturbate and i'll be envious of all japanese. heehehhe anyways, i use random kicks at max distance when i have 50% tension so i can both practice the motions and to get my reaction time up to par. so i can't do more kicks to give me time, but again, it's not the time that i need. i like biting. biting makes me happy. bite bite bite. i just hate having my bite startup, but get thrown. i like jumping over someone, airdashing back towards them and do j.s the other way.

i like biting. biting makes me happy. bite bite bite. i just hate having my bite startup, but get thrown.

i like jumping over someone, airdashing back towards them and do j.s the other way.

You and me will become great friends.

ok so I saw a few videos with slayers doing dust combos and I'm ASSUMING they're imposs. dust ones, because of the way they continue. corner v jam dust -> dx3 -> fall -> j.hs -> land -> bbu and another one that was a variation of that. Can someone explain to me the imposs. dust thing? I've read the explanation on it, and yet I don't understand. You hit them as close to the 29th frame as possible, right? So that means -basically-, you hit them asap when you leave the ground? Guh, someone explain. I've got a copy of ac now and I can now go into training mode ^__________________________^ though I know dust isn't often used...

ist not fall, its a timed airdash jHS i can't really explain good... so i will give it a try... you basically hit them as ur going up but ur hit has to hit during that frame, if you hit earlier then that it wont work, you have ot land a hit that hits at that frame, then you must do a move that will make you Stop homing jumping.. and let you land. so basicalywhat slayer did was he did 3 jD the first 2 hitting before, then the last hit hitting at somewhat at that other frame, then with that, they can't tech to a certain point, then slayer does air dash jH, the airdash ensures that Slayer doesn't keep flying up. :vbang: