Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

The AC Slayer Q-n-A Thread

its called Super Jump Install.. you know how normal jump install works? if not, then hope some one who is better at explaining jumpinstall defnition wise help with that... its basically the same concept but instead of doing a move that puts you in the air and you can move freely after that with either double jump or air dash you do superjump and you still retain the double jump...

BDC Mappa ain't bad against Slide Head but it's not your go-to poke stuffing move of doom anymore. BDC bite still has some application but it's not terribly necessary. BDC FD jump is pretty much the main thing to figure out I guess. Also FDC Dandy Steps are cool.

BDC Mappa ain't bad against Slide Head but it's not your go-to poke stuffing move of doom anymore. BDC bite still has some application but it's not terribly necessary. BDC FD jump is pretty much the main thing to figure out I guess.

Also FDC Dandy Steps are cool.

Don't forget bdc slash dandy can be useful from time to time. Fdc dandies are fun.. BDC dandies are useless.. but that one guy does them alot..

Sorry if this is redundant. I remember reading about jump install, but I can't remember where I saw it. How do you do a superjump air combo, then double jump? Like sj.H-2K, sj.K, dj.K or the like. AFAIK the game's rules forbid that, but a few people seem to be doing it. I tried double jumping normally but it doesn't do the trick. Thanks.

there's an explanation in the player's guide. (we have a new guide button on the top menu bar on the forum, so check it out~~)

although, from just the guide, i don't think it quite explains the SJI combos where you double superjump after a 5H relaunch. that one occurs because apparently you are still considered in a jump state after landing, for a few frames, but if you attack and continue the combo before recovering from jump state (e.g. 5H jump cancel air combo...), you keep the jump state -- jump install.

and why has no one mentioned FDC MAPPA (for wallscreen combo relaunches). it's a mach PUNCH, baby.

you guys keep saying fdc but you mean bdc right? i dont think slayer has any useful faultless defense cancels...

you guys keep saying fdc but you mean bdc right? i dont think slayer has any useful faultless defense cancels...

forward dash Cancel :psyduck: ?

Sorry I know it's not the thread but how do you FDC dandy?

66(3)2147+P/K

66 is the forward dash

214+P/K is the dstep

7 is the jump to cancel the forward dash

(3) is there just to let you know that you can roll from 6 to 4 (half circle back), you don't have to go from 6 to 5 and then do the dstep motion

6632147 K/S/P I think

though you might prefer to BDC it since its easier 6321447 P/S/K. Its not as great and broken as it was on Reload but If you can give it a good use, go ahead.

] <- I missed a lot of combos and played like a scrub but still winning cause i am Slayer

YEAHHHH!!!!!

Ohhhhhhh, forward dash cancel. I was like "WTF? YOU CAN FAULTLESS DEFENSE CANCEL DANDY STEP!?" and I was all excited to find out a bunch of broken ass uses for it. I already knew that, I'm dumb and confused the acronym. Thanks though! :psyduck:

other then that Slayer has no other tools that i have seen or needed to be implemented for Faultless Defense Cancel in #R and Slash i might of used Faultless Defense Cancel was Impossible Dust Combos like 5D> Homing> FDC(Fautless Defense Cancel) jK > jD and BDC 1F jumping other then that everything else i assume when we Slayer Only players post is we assume FDC means Foward Dash Cancel...

other then that Slayer has no other tools that i have seen or needed to be implemented for Faultless Defense Cancel

in #R and Slash i might of used Faultless Defense Cancel was Impossible Dust Combos like 5D> Homing> FDC(Fautless Defense Cancel) jK > jD

and BDC 1F jumping

other then that everything else i assume when we Slayer Only players post is we assume FDC means Foward Dash Cancel...

you're not FDCing anything in those ID combos, you're just flickering an FD because it changes your gravity ratio/"weight" during the homing jump. FDCing is actually cancelling something.

I have to ask, how do you Backdash Cancel, and what's the purpose of it? I would guess Invincibility from the backdash, but not moving, but how is it done exactly.

I have to ask, how do you Backdash Cancel, and what's the purpose of it? I would guess Invincibility from the backdash, but not moving, but how is it done exactly.

Is on the page before this one.

I guess its ok to say FDC when we refer to foward dash cancel.

As someone said, is not that we use faultless defense cancel too much

Ross, BDC dandy useless? ... BDC Mappa - To punish (or throw bait) BDC Bite - (Bitebuster) BDC jump - (escape, airthrow) BDC dandy - to get out of mixup and then to apply pressure with S and H.. . or crosswise or pilebunker. BDC dandy gives you more invul, a FRC or four other options for your opponent to deal with.. I start out most of my mixup with dandy. So why not? Instead of always BDC 1f jump, fuck with their heads a little bit. More invincible options than everyone is why Slayer starts with S. So yeah, I try to use them all to keep my opponent guessing instead of "Oh he just dissapeared. Here comes a jump or a mappa.

BDC Punch or kick dandy doesn't give you more invulnerability as far as I know..... Isn't it full body invincible on frame one during the entire swing back? yeah frame data just checked it.... You get from frames 1-6 on Kick and 1-3 on punch are invincible to strikes... If you BDC you get up too 6 frames if done perfectly. So for the kick one there is no reason to do it. And then punch one it can give you some more invincibility but I don't know if I would ever attempt that.... But hey depends on how you want to play I suppose. on slash dandy I like it because it lets it get into it's full body invincibility right away which is nice.

I like to BDC dandy because most people I play with get a little antsy when Slayer dissapears (from there, they have to think: Did he BDC or FDC? Is he going to throw? Mappa? Dandy? Jump?) I just like to force people to react to dashing and I mean, we can cancel any dash with any special move.. so why not? My most prime example of why BDC punch dandy is good is for Pot moves. Try to just dandy away from them and you get CH but if you BDC the dandy it's like free crosswise/bunker/any dandy move