Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

The AC Slayer Q-n-A Thread

****PLEASE STICKY**** Just noticed how we don't have 1 of these so i started to make 1. Our match-up thread has been flooded with questions about how to do this and that that match-ups aren't even being discussed so here u go fellas. This will b the thread where any question u have about AC SL can b asked and answered.

We did have one, we actually had 3...LB's slayer scrub tries to help. I've waited for him to make one for ac but... not gonna sticky for the time being, too much as it is already. If we get some good info going sure

We did have one, we actually had 3...LB's slayer scrub tries to help. I've waited for him to make one for ac but...

not gonna sticky for the time being, too much as it is already. If we get some good info going sure

aight cool. Let the Q-n-A begin!!!!

How do you bdc bite and also what other moves can be bdc'ed, whats the benefit, ex: how many invicibility frames, what it beats, why the extra inputs are worth it and what not. I cant seem to find much info on it i did however figure out how to bdc mappa. But i cant seem to find many instances where the added pressure on added inputs makes it worth using versus regular. I know that last sentance is probably terribly wrong but......

Write it up like, what to do in each match up? I could probably throw some stuff together for the matches I have experience with if need be.

epicdamage4673, BDC bite = 6321447H Jump and any special move aside from BBU can be BDCed. BDC gives move up to 6 strike invulnerability frames (depends on execution).

can we get someone to write up the match-ups? that'd be nice.

Well, we don't necessarily have to write up the match-ups upon creation. Look at the Anji match-ups subforum. When someone feels they have something to contribute, they toss it in there.

Well, we don't necessarily have to write up the match-ups upon creation. Look at the Anji match-ups subforum. When someone feels they have something to contribute, they toss it in there.

You know whats funny, the work was basically done for us. Almost every character forum has a Insert Character vs Slayer thread with detailed info for what to look out for from Slayer. We just gotta reverse that basically.

Example: Robo vs Slayer

Robo has to watch out for 2hs(so fucking do it lol), Lv3 missiles work to a degree(oh shit Slayer

watch out for that) Horsie beats 2hs(oh shit 6p lolz) etc. Just Copy pasta change some things and your done.

And if you want quality stuff put some character specific combos,DOT/BBU punishments at the end for bonus points. :vbang:

Hey could you put the inputs for each bdc, or is it same basic motion for all. and also i imagine you have to press 44 first before you can bdc anything right? oh and can you cancel the forward dash as well?

It's always the same basic motion, the only differnce lies in what move you are using. your backdashing then cancelling the backdash with a move, then going into a tiger knee motion with that move. Yes, you can do the same with forward dash, forward dash cancelling is extremly usefull, not for the same reasons as bdc, its mainly used for its movemnt and creates good mixup tools like fdc bite.

FDC cross over and cancel into S dandy seems like it'd be really tricky. I should start using that.

I do that a lot to be a jerk. Knockdown, dash behind (x1-2), S Dandy. A little risky against people who mash all the time and stuff, but occasionally it's just the gimmick you need.

Also FDC K Dandy to bait out throw break attempts every now and then.

Alright, I know this is going to really hard for ppl to explain to me but here goes. How in the heck do you cancel 2k or 5k or anything 'gatlingable' into 2hs. I've tried mashing to figure out when to cancel into it, and just about pressing it as every possible location to cancel it but it just doesn't combo for me. I of course still have problems canceling 2k into much of anything (especially 2d which I hear is pretty good) as well as 5k into 2d so any help as to methods to do these more consistently would be greatly appreciated.

Alright, I know this is going to really hard for ppl to explain to me but here goes.

How in the heck do you cancel 2k or 5k or anything 'gatlingable' into 2hs. I've tried mashing to figure out when to cancel into it, and just about pressing it as every possible location to cancel it but it just doesn't combo for me. I of course still have problems canceling 2k into much of anything (especially 2d which I hear is pretty good) as well as 5k into 2d so any help as to methods to do these more consistently would be greatly appreciated.

2K startup: 6 active: 2 recovery: 11 11-14F gatling cancelable.

The gatling point is just a few frames after the attack connects (excluding the hitstop of 12 or so frames). Pretty much the instant the opponent starts to reel after the hitstop is the gatling point.

5K only gatlings to 6P, as far as I know, so to connect with a 2D afterwards, you'd have to link 5K to 2K and from there gatling to 2D, or link from the 5K to 2D (do it as soon as the entire animation of 5K ends. 1 frame window).

There's no real tricks except practicing the links until you have the rhythm down. 2S got a pretty large gatling window, so practice 2S - 2D and 2K - 2S - 2D to get a feel for them.

Alright, I know this is going to really hard for ppl to explain to me but here goes.

How in the heck do you cancel 2k or 5k or anything 'gatlingable' into 2hs. I've tried mashing to figure out when to cancel into it, and just about pressing it as every possible location to cancel it but it just doesn't combo for me. I of course still have problems canceling 2k into much of anything (especially 2d which I hear is pretty good) as well as 5k into 2d so any help as to methods to do these more consistently would be greatly appreciated.

As mentioned by Neophos, practice makes links happen. I cannot emphasize this point enough. At first it might seem a daunting task to master the timing for all the links, but don't stress about it. As you spend more time with Slayer, you'll gradually become accustomed to the timing. One of the most important links to have down is obviously 2K-2HS and 2K-2D. Most normals that connect can link into either of these options, scoring you big damage or a knockdown, respectively. My visual cue for linking the 2K to the following moves is to watch Slayer's leg. At the very moment he fully extends his leg and is ABOUT to retract is when the next move should come out.

But yea, once again, practice practice practice!!!

To link off of 2K wait until the shiney spark that shows up dissipate and then push the button. That's how I time it. How good would you all say Footloose Journey (214k in air) is? How am I supposed to use S Dandy Step? It seems too easy to react to.

To link off of 2K wait until the shiney spark that shows up dissipate and then push the button. That's how I time it.

How good would you all say Footloose Journey (214k in air) is?

How am I supposed to use S Dandy Step? It seems too easy to react to.

FLJ is pretty meh in AC. It used to be the prime combo finisher back in Slash, but now that we get guaranteed KD's off j.D there's really no point. A lot of what I see is it used as A ) a way to move across the screen quickly (IAD then cancel really quickly into FLJ to get cover a large horizontal distance really quickly) B ) a jump-in crossup tool that may or may not lead into an aircombo depending on the angle it hits C ) just as jump in pressure - a lot of people don't expect the multiple hits of FLJ so go ahead and dash in with a j.D-FLJ. I'm pretty sure it's safe, but I don't use it very often so don't quote me on it.

S Dandy Step is useful if used sparingly. It's easily punishable and easily seen (especially if you do it too often). Once in a while you can use it as surprise oki and I have nailed quite a few people with it that way (and it's usually an ex Pilebunker). Otherwise, I rarely ever use that move...it just screams "PUNISH ME PLEASE!"

I use S dandy on people who like to do reversal supers. I'm not that good, but I loved it back when the arcade was still here and I'd be playing someone, usually a Sol, who tries to do something like Tyrant Rave on wakeup only for me to end up behind them and pilebunker them in the back. Also, Neophos said that he believes 5k only gatlings to 6P. Does 5k into itself not count?:psyduck: I'm dead serious, I'm not sure if moves canceling into itself counts as a link or a gatling.

5K only gatlings to 6P, as far as I know, so to connect with a 2D afterwards, you'd have to link 5K to 2K and from there gatling to 2D, or link from the 5K to 2D (do it as soon as the entire animation of 5K ends. 1 frame window).

I pull 5K -> 2D here and there and the combo count goes up to 2 so I can only assume that it technically is a gatling though I could be completely off as I just started playing Slayer not more than a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to attempt more practice tonight and watch more videos with hopes that it starts to get a little more natural or that I can at least get 2K -> 2D at least ONCE XD. Thanks for the help guys ^^

5K only gatlings into 6P and 6K I believe. The rest are links. The difference between a link and a gatling, for those of you who don't know is: A Link: If you do a move that was enough hit stun to where you can recover and do another move before the hitstun is over, this is a link. In Slayer's case, doing 5k 5k 5k 5k is a series of links. You finish a full 5K animation, then start another one before they can recover and it combos. A Gatling: Some moves were programmed to cancel into others. A simple example of a gatling is c.S f.S. f.S cancels the recovery of c.S, thus, comboing. This is different than a link in that it was an intentional cancel in the game design and these moves can be flowed into one another more quickly than a link.

Does 5k into itself not count?:psyduck: I'm dead serious, I'm not sure if moves canceling into itself counts as a link or a gatling.

The difference between a link and a gattling doesn't have anything to do with whether it goes into itself or another move. A link has a specific time frame that you must execute a particular follow up move. A gattling can be inputted in quick succession without worry about timing.

EDIT: of course Johnny beats me to the punch. His post is more specific anyways T.T

Actually the timing thing isn't always true. 2S 2H is a gatling but it has a really specific cancel window and so it feels more like a link, but actually it's still a gatling as the 2H is canceling the later part of 2S.