Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

The AC Slayer Q-n-A Thread

there are 3 varients which i beleive are varients because of timing,

you have the IAD jK jK

you have the Jump Airdash jK jK

and you have the SUPER JUMP Airdash jK jK (this height can be different due to air dash timing after super jump)

basically there are those 3 difference

most heavy weights or big hit boxed characters can get hit by a single rep or 2 of iad jK jK

some medium might need to be Super Jump Airdash jK jK, or light weights

or some just need a normal jump iad jK jK and can work

now not every character can get a 5H to hit all the time, sometimes you have to do a 2S and do a different ender but those are up to see how fast you can tell if they are in the right height or not since some characters are pretty decieving hit boxes.

For the latter two variations, is it preferable to jump cancel forward or straight up? In videos there isn't a lot of time to see it so I never noticed.

For the latter two variations, is it preferable to jump cancel forward or straight up? In videos there isn't a lot of time to see it so I never noticed.

i find it easier to just neutral jump and do the airdash then do jK timing easier.. but its probalby possible to jump forward and do it as well.. also

the super jump one lets you dash in further and hit more deep so you can do some other later alteration to the combo..

what's the trick to Slayer's Ground Gatlings?

first, many of them are links, not gatlings. the trick is to practice.

what have you read over and over? crap, are you referring to the 101 thread? i think i can see your problem, because the first section is labelled "new gatlings and links", but that's ambiguous. the "combo trees" in the (poorly-formatted :psyduck: ) coded text are all links.

I have problems with the Links, and practice isn't an issue, I have, I just don't understand the timing. Care to explain?

If nothing comes out, you did it too early. If it comes out but doesnt combo, you did it too late. Adjust timing accordingly. Sorry if my advice is obvious. not trying to be an ass.

i am low tier, i dont double tap :(..

Dont listen to anything that Zaido says. His slayer is super low tier. I mean wtf, he drops like all of his Hase combos.

As for linking, I hate to say it but it's all practice! If you still can't do them after practice, that just means you haven't done them enough to get the feel for the timing.

(I think this is like the 100th time someone has asked about links, sorry if I'm coming off as an ass)

double tapping is super good but it's not magic. you actually have to already know how to do the links in order for double tapping to be useful. double tapping makes links more consistent for sure but it is really only adding 1 more input for normals and 2 more inputs for specials. you still have to know the basic timing for when to hit the button in order to know when to do the double tap.

double tapping is super good but it's not magic.

you actually have to already know how to do the links in order for double tapping to be useful.

double tapping makes links more consistent for sure but it is really only adding 1 more input for normals and 2 more inputs for specials.

you still have to know the basic timing for when to hit the button in order to know when to do the double tap.

QFT.

I don't double tap and neither does koogy, so it isn't 100% necessary. But if you can, learning to double tap will help out a lot.

Two quick questions concerning Slayer's linking.

1. Is it easier to link certain moves with others since there is more frames to allow linking?

e.g 6K->K, 6K->2K, 2S->2D vs 2k->2HS

2. Does linking get easier after linking past the 2nd hit?

Reason I ask these questions is I'm not consistent at linking just 2K->2HS. But I can link 6K->2K-2HS, 6K->2K->2S->2D better than 2K->2HS.

well 2S into 2D is a late gatling.. but just practice really. it took me a bit to get used to it. This is MacArthur Blunts, not jais BTW

Someone else posted this a while back, but the easiest way I have found is to watch Slayer's legs. The cancel window for 2K is when his legs are fully extended, right before he pulls them back. 2K 2H is a 2-frame window, so it's one of his harder links (technically a late gatling but it feels like a link). Also, 2S 2H is a late gatling but it doesn't combo on normal hit. The 2S has to hit late. On crouching hit, I believe there's a 1-frame window for it to combo.

Two quick questions concerning Slayer's linking.

1. Is it easier to link certain moves with others since there is more frames to allow linking?

e.g 6K->K, 6K->2K, 2S->2D vs 2k->2HS

2. Does linking get easier after linking past the 2nd hit?

Reason I ask these questions is I'm not consistent at linking just 2K->2HS. But I can link 6K->2K-2HS, 6K->2K->2S->2D better than 2K->2HS.

well if you are landing a 6k first then they are probly crouching, which would give you a little more time and make things a bit easier

I didn't see this posted in this topic yet... so what's the general consensus on using pad for Slayer?

stick players will always say stick's better, but there's nothing seriously wrong with using pad.

you could argue that, given the fact that much of Slayer's combos involve links, the importance of double-tapping your attack inputs to minimize dropping your combos becomes more noticeable compared to other characters -- so that's one thing the pad is lacking, unless you have a pad that allows you to hold your hand over the buttons (like one of those Sega Saturn pads, I think it was).

but imho that's not a strong enough reason to give up on pad; rather, i think that shows personal preference for how much time you're willing to spend practicing your combos (and i'm not saying someone's lazy if they prefer to use stick for that reason, btw!).

that's just my 2 cents, though. (i wonder if there is a consensus.)

(edit: talk about revival of ancient thread!)